Login

russian armor

The Excessive Amount Of Micro Required For Brummbar

PAGES (7)down
27 Nov 2020, 23:36 PM

The Brummbar is in a very bad place as it relies almost exclusively on it's ability to manual fire to be effective. It's auto fire is awful putting it lightly... and will miss 80% of the time. For a turretless, slow firing and not to mention slow moving projectile this is a nightmare to use. It requires more micro than ANY other unit in the game and for no good reason.
27 Nov 2020, 23:46 PM

The projectile speed could easily be increased to Dozer levels and the AOE adjusted.
27 Nov 2020, 23:50 PM

The Brummbar is in a very bad place as it relies almost exclusively on it's ability to manual fire to be effective. It's auto fire is awful putting it lightly... and will miss 80% of the time. For a turretless, slow firing and not to mention slow moving projectile this is a nightmare to use. It requires more micro than ANY other unit in the game and for no good reason.

hopefully you are aware, that the brummbär is a wipe maschine
27 Nov 2020, 23:52 PM

If he was, there wouldn't be a thread crying to buff one of top 3 strongest and easiest to use AI units in whole game.
28 Nov 2020, 00:56 AM

The Sherman bulldozer, the ISU 152, M8a1, pak howitzer, centaur and comet with white phosphorous are wipe machines as well and at WAY WAY longer ranges yet their auto fire is perfect in comparison to the Brummbar so I don't really understand your point?

28 Nov 2020, 00:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2020, 23:46 PMVipper
The projectile speed could easily be increased to Dozer levels and the AOE adjusted.

Yes this would make sense. I always found it utterly bizzare that the Brummbar hasn't been touched aside from adding a muntions cost of all things when the core unit doesn't function very well without manually firing.
28 Nov 2020, 11:37 AM

Yes this would make sense. I always found it utterly bizzare that the Brummbar hasn't been touched aside from adding a muntions cost of all things when the core unit doesn't function very well without manually firing.

The Brumbär is the strongest non doc AI unit. It can take out any threat except tanks. Paks, weapon teams etc. dont stand a chance.

Buffing the brumbär would make this unit basically straight out op.

If you have a problem with microing units,coh2 might not be the game for you.
28 Nov 2020, 11:54 AM

Yeah the sturmpanzer IV is quite strong already. No need to buff it. Sure its micro heavy, but thats just the price you pay for its effectiveness- similar to a sniper or the T70.
Main difference is that making a micro mistake with a sniper or the T70 results in a dead unit, making a micro mistake with the brumbar means getting 1 kill instead of 5.
28 Nov 2020, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 11:54 AMSerrith
Yeah the sturmpanzer IV is quite strong already. No need to buff it. Sure its micro heavy, but thats just the price you pay for its effectiveness- similar to a sniper or the T70.
Main difference is that making a micro mistake with a sniper or the T70 results in a dead unit, making a micro mistake with the brumbar means getting 1 kill instead of 5.

The brumabr should not be balanced around micro taxing.

Else you should be asking for the dozer to have is projectile speed slowed to brumbar level...

Speed can be increase and AOE adjusted as needed.
28 Nov 2020, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 12:12 PMVipper

The brumabr should not be balanced around micro taxing.

Why not?
28 Nov 2020, 13:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 13:09 PMSerrith

Why not?

Because it a non constructive way of balancing things and difficult to explain to players, the same was suggested for ISU-152 (manual reloading) and it was rejected.

And why should brumbar require micro and dozer not?
28 Nov 2020, 13:24 PM

I'm glad that Coh2 requires micro
28 Nov 2020, 14:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 13:23 PMVipper

Because it a non constructive way of balancing things and difficult to explain to players, the same was suggested for ISU-152 (manual reloading) and it was rejected.

And why should brumbar require micro and dozer not?

I am not convinced it is a "non constructive" way of balancing things. Also the brumbar does not "require" micro to use at all, it is just needed in order to get the most out of it. Similarly one could just A move with a sniper and not bother to utilize cover, but to get the most out of it micro is needed.

The dozer is a different unit. Different units have different micro requirements. Sometimes its due to durability differences, sometimes its due to differences in the way weapons function. That's simply part of the game. As it stands, for a player to get the most out of any tank, you need to micro them (stop for better accuracy/scatter, then accelerate upon firing). It just so happens that the performance ceiling for the brumbar is higher with micro.

Realtime micromanagement is something that separates a game like company of heroes or starcraft from a game like civilizations, fire emblem, xcom or chess. Removing or greatly reducing micro requirements should be done sparingly at most. Sometimes quality of life changes can be nice, but this specific situation does not fall under that category.
28 Nov 2020, 14:25 PM

I always just attack move my Brummbar. Always just wrecks shop at 0 effort or micro. Guess I don't have a high enough IQ to hold fire and spend the whole game microing this 1 unit.
28 Nov 2020, 14:31 PM

I always just attack move my Brummbar. Always just wrecks shop at 0 effort or micro. Guess I don't have a high enough IQ to hold fire and spend the whole game microing this 1 unit.

I've also found that it isn't bad on autofire. But that's out of necessity since my multitasking sucks. I know good players can get a lot more out of it then I can and that's just going to be something that separates them from me.
28 Nov 2020, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 14:31 PMSerrith

I've found that it isn't bad on autofire. But that's out of necessity since my multitasking sucks. I know good players can get a lot more out of it then I can and that's just going to be something that separates them from me.

Good players don't waste their time babysitting 1 unit.
28 Nov 2020, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 14:12 PMSerrith

The dozer is a different unit. ..

All units are different but have similar roles and dozer/Brumbar have similar and the latest changes to dozer brought the unit closer than ever before.

The no really justification for such difference in projectile velocity between the 2 units especially since Dozer comes with turret and ready need less micro.
28 Nov 2020, 15:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 14:48 PMVipper

All units are different but have similar roles and dozer/Brumbar have similar and the latest changes to dozer brought the unit closer than ever before.

The no really justification for such difference in projectile velocity between the 2 units especially since Dozer comes with turret and ready need less micro.

I don't think projectile velocity has been mentioned once in this thread. I certainly didn't mention it, I don't know why you are bothering to bring it up in a response to a post I made about why various micro requirements are GOOD and its ok for the brumbar to have them.

As for them being different, some units are simply going to require more micro despite having ostensibly the same roles. The m15 takes more micro then the m5 quad. The pack howitzer takes more micro then the 120mm mortar. The DSHK takes more micro then the MG42.

For that matter, I don't even think micro is mandatory to get decent mileage out of the brumbar. Maybe for your top 50 players its something you need, but for players rank 90+ (like myself), just making sure your brumbar is in the right position is generally good enough.
28 Nov 2020, 15:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 15:24 PMSerrith

I don't think projectile velocity has been mentioned once in this thread...

Check posts 2/6.

The reason why Brumbar need manual aiming in the first place is because that is projectile is extremely slow compare to most other ballistic weapons and the targets can move away from the targeted point before the round can land.

This might actually be an oversight because there is very little to justify such a slow speed.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment