Login

russian armor

T-34 rework

PAGES (9)down
29 Nov 2020, 13:15 PM

No thanks, I'd rather see you justifying the point you made instead of this crystall ball bullshit "This is how soviets are played I know because I'm a wehraboo who cares about balance aka give me every win cuz I play for the good guys hahahahahah"

It is supposed to fight armour, just not butcher's armour. How else is he supposed to win?
1. It is 30 fuel cheaper than the cheapest German tank and you want it to be able to go against it. If you want to reliably fight tanks go for the upgunned version.

2. You throw around at hominem without reason simply because you don't like the point I made.
29 Nov 2020, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 13:13 PMgbem
okw is complete and utter trash

lmao wot
29 Nov 2020, 13:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 13:08 PMButcher
Thank you for contributing to the thread. What about adressing the point I made?.

i did... and you haven't addressed my points
29 Nov 2020, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 13:15 PMButcher
1. It is 30 fuel cheaper than the cheapest German tank and you want it to be able to go against it.

Panzer IV J is 140 fuel and claps every medium tank and medium TD with ease once it gets vet 1.

Panther is 185 fuel and claps almost every allied vehicle save for a few heavy tanks.

Thank you for supporting my point that they should both be nerfed.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 13:15 PMButcher
2. You throw around at hominem without reason simply because you don't like the point I made.

You make wild assumptions about the roles of units in a faction when you have no concept whatsoever how it should be played.
29 Nov 2020, 13:21 PM

lmao wot

i kinda exaggerated... though I do think OKW and SOV are the trashiest factions in the current meta... both automatch and tourney data indicates it...
29 Nov 2020, 13:23 PM

Panzer IV J is 140 fuel and claps every medium tank and medium TD with ease once it gets vet 1.

Panther is 185 fuel and claps almost every allied vehicle save for a few heavy tanks.

Thank you for supporting my point that they should both be nerfed.

My point was the T-34 is 90 fuel while the cheapest German tank is 120 fuel (Ost Panzer IV) while both being a medium generalist tank. Thus the Panzer IV should beat the T-34/76. Thus there is ne need for an AT performance increase for the T-34.

The OKW Panzer IV comes at 140 fuel. Thus it is even more expensive. Thus there is even more reason for it to beat a T-34/76. Congratulations you played yourself.

If vet 1 Panzer IVs defeat your tank hunters you are a clown.

And where did I support your poitn for German tank nerfs? You are making stuff up.

You make wild assumptions about the roles of units in a faction when you have no concept whatsoever how it should be played.
You don't even know the cost of an Ost Panzer IV. Guess who has no concept of the game?
29 Nov 2020, 13:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 13:21 PMgbem

i kinda exaggerated... though I do think OKW and SOV are the trashiest factions in the current meta... both automatch and tourney data indicates it...

For Soviets that's because of the insanely overpowered Osttruppen meta. Despite the community defense doctrine meta which has helped, it's still a huge issue. With the new patch hopefully Osttruppen are nerfed enough for Soviets to be perfectly viable again.

OKW struggles hard vs WC51 and UKF. With the upcoming WC51 nerf and hopefully some UKF adjustments, OKW will be in a perfect spot again.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 13:23 PMButcher
If vet 1 Panzer IVs defeat your tank hunters you are a clown.

But what if I use Panzer IVs to clown others?

hmmmmmmmmmmm
29 Nov 2020, 14:49 PM

1. the puma is doctrinal for ostheer and okw is complete and utter trash soo despite the puma`s performance it really doesn't indicate much...

The quality of the faction overall has no bearing on the "cost efficiency" of a specific vehicle. I am referring to the Puma.

2. the puma isn't a straight upgrade to the AEC... the AEC has better anti-infantry and light vehicles due to its more reliable MG higher accuracy and as you've said before more armor... the puma in comparison is better against medium armor due to its higher speed and longer range... there are actual situations where id rather have the AEC than the puma and vice versa...

So first, the MG on the AEC is better but not even by 10% at close range though it does edge out at long range. Second, the accuracy stats are misleading as the puma has longer range. At equivalent ranges the puma will actually have higher stationary accuracy, though the AEC does have better on the move accuracy. I would also actually argue that higher speed also benefits the puma when engaging light vehicles as it makes it less likely they can get away.

the T-34-76 on the other hand is outright outclassed in both anti infantry and anti armor in both a 1v1 and a critical mass setting by the panzer 4... there is no reason to build a T-34-76 if you have a panzer 4 in your lineup

Unlike the AEC vs Puma, The T-34/76 is substantially less expensive then the Panzer 4. For 90 fuel the stats on the T-34/76 are fine. If there's an issue with soviet tech being too expensive, then reduce that.

Put another way, how much penetration/performance do you think a 90 fuel generalist tank should have?
30 Nov 2020, 03:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 14:49 PMSerrith

The quality of the faction overall has no bearing on the "cost efficiency" of a specific vehicle. I am referring to the Puma.

but it does... if you put a bunch of cost efficient units in an already good faction it starts to become a problem for the game...

So first, the MG on the AEC is better but not even by 10% at close range though it does edge out at long range.

you wouldn't want to use the puma at close range vs infantry at all... unless you wanna eat a snare

Second, the accuracy stats are misleading as the puma has longer range. At equivalent ranges the puma will actually have higher stationary accuracy, though the AEC does have better on the move accuracy. I would also actually argue that higher speed also benefits the puma when engaging light vehicles as it makes it less likely they can get away.

really?

aec accuracy
Accuracy mid (30)
Accuracy far (40)

puma accuracy
Accuracy mid (30)
Accuracy far (50)

(0.0375-0.025)/20 = 0.000625
10*0.000625+0.025 = 0.03125
puma accuracy at range 40

therefore puma = aec stationary accuracy with higher moving accuracy for the aec.... you're objectively wrong

Unlike the AEC vs Puma, The T-34/76 is substantially less expensive then the Panzer 4. For 90 fuel the stats on the T-34/76 are fine. If there's an issue with soviet tech being too expensive, then reduce that.

but the issue is the panzer 4 cannot cost efficiently engage the panzer 4 despite being cheaper... it is simply LESS cost efficient than the panzer 4 despite being intended to be MORE cost efficient...

Put another way, how much penetration/performance do you think a 90 fuel generalist tank should have?

enough to cost efficiently engage the panzer 4 as it was intended to...
30 Nov 2020, 04:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2020, 03:03 AMgbem

but it does... if you put a bunch of cost efficient units in an already good faction it starts to become a problem for the game...

The cost efficiency of the stats of a vehicle is going to be relative to its peers, not relative the strength of the faction its in. That's why you have vehicles like the E8 which are actually considered cost effective, but are simply outshone by the M4 and the Jackson.

therefore puma = aec stationary accuracy with higher moving accuracy for the aec.... you're objectively wrong

You're right, I may have been looking at the MG ranges for the AEC.

enough to cost efficiently engage the panzer 4 as it was intended to...

If the T-34 was moved to tier 3, the cost effectiveness of the vehicle would not increase.

Since you didn't answer the original question, would you say that 80/100/120 penetration is too low for a 90 fuel generalist vehicle?
30 Nov 2020, 05:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 05:06 AMgbem

no... but it will lose to a P4 GUARANTEED at any range and so will 3 T-34s lose against 2 P4s despite costing more fuel and significantly more manpower.... that is not the definition of "cost efficient"....

Hahaha. Another gbem post. Not understanding what the word "guaranteed" means.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/guaranteed

30 Nov 2020, 06:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 05:06 AMgbem

no... but it will lose to a P4 GUARANTEED at any range and so will 3 T-34s lose against 2 P4s despite costing more fuel and significantly more manpower.... that is not the definition of "cost efficient"....

Hahaha. Another gbem post. Not understanding what the word "guaranteed" means.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/guaranteed

they are guaranteed to lose frontally which was the original argument.. but nice work taking an argument out of context
30 Nov 2020, 06:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2020, 04:06 AMSerrith

The cost efficiency of the stats of a vehicle is going to be relative to its peers, not relative the strength of the faction its in. That's why you have vehicles like the E8 which are actually considered cost effective, but are simply outshone by the M4 and the Jackson.

i consider "its peers" as units of its class... in which case the T-34 and Cromwell both fall flat compared to the panzer 4 the sherman P4J

If the T-34 was moved to tier 3, the cost effectiveness of the vehicle would not increase.

i mean it kinda would in terms of its impact... therefore having a much higher effectiveness/cost ratio since it comes at a time where it had greater impact but that's my take on it...

Since you didn't answer the original question, would you say that 80/100/120 penetration is too low for a 90 fuel generalist vehicle?

i did answer the original question...

"Put another way, how much penetration/performance do you think a 90 fuel generalist tank should have?"

"enough to cost efficiently engage the panzer 4 as it was intended to..."

therefore the T-34 should have its penetration adjusted to be able to beat the P4 3v2
30 Nov 2020, 06:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2020, 06:05 AMgbem

i consider "its peers" as units of its class... in which case the T-34 and Cromwell both fall flat compared to the panzer 4 the sherman P4J

And the valentine?

i mean it kinda would in terms of its impact... therefore having a much higher effectiveness/cost ratio since it comes at a time where it had greater impact but that's my take on it...

Reducing the timing does not change the stats of the vehicle nor its scalability.

i did answer the original question...

"Put another way, how much penetration/performance do you think a 90 fuel generalist tank should have?"

"enough to cost efficiently engage the panzer 4 as it was intended to..."

therefore the T-34 should have its penetration adjusted to be able to beat the P4 3v2

Here's how you answered my question regarding how much performance a 90 fuel vehicle should have:

"As much as it needs to."
Well thanks, you've given me zero information on what that entails. As far as I'm concerned, 3 T-34s are plenty match for 2 Panzer 4s.

At long range, the Panzer 4 has a 73.3% chance to penetrate a t-34 and the T-34s a 44.4% chance to penetrate the Panzer 4- a difference of 29%.
2 Panzer 4s will fire 21.8 shells per minute.
3 T-34s will fire 29.5 shells per minute -35% more

3 T-34s will fire ~35% more shells per minute and have a 50% larger HP pool. And this is only assuming at long range. At close range the gap closes considerably with the T-34s having a 66.6%(50% increase) chance to penetrate and the Panzer 4s having an 88%(20% increase) chance.

Now if you think that a ~30% chance to penetration can offset a difference of 35% shells per minute and 50% HP, I'm not sure what to tell you. I am going to run some tests shortly just to see how it pans out.

Edit: Tests

I ran the test some 15-20 times, a few at first were just getting an idea for how I wanted the tanks best positioned. My setup was all tanks at least 30 meters distance, with one tank being in front(but no less then 30meters) to encourage focus fire and all tanks being otherwise side by side.

Of the ~15 or so actual test engagements, the Panzer 4's won 5. Of those 5, only 3 were won through the Panzer 4's just brute forcing to victory, one of them the smoke from a T-34 obscured the line of sight of another and resulted in a 1v2 until the smoke cleared, the other, 2 of the T-34s suffered main gun crits.

Of the ~10 or so T-34 victories, 3 of them had one of the Panzer 4's receiving a main gun crit.

The x3 T-34s have a ~71% chance of at least ONE shot penetrating on any salvo, the panzer 4's have a ~92% chance at least one shot will penetrate on any salvo but only a ~53% chance that both will penetrate. Generally what ends up happening is that one of the Panzer 4s is knocked out early, and one of the T-34s is knocked out around the same time. But this leaves a 2-1 scenario which greatly favors the x2 T-34s.

Keep in mind this was done at long range which favors the panzer 4s. I did not test it at mid or close range.
30 Nov 2020, 10:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2020, 06:46 AMSerrith

And the valentine?

the T-34/crom are contemporaries of the P4 P4J and sherman..

Reducing the timing does not change the stats of the vehicle nor its scalability.

no but it changes its effectiveness or impact/cost since an earlier vehicle has much higher impact

Here's how you answered my question regarding how much performance a 90 fuel vehicle should have:

"As much as it needs to."
Well thanks, you've given me zero information on what that entails. As far as I'm concerned, 3 T-34s are plenty match for 2 Panzer 4s.

At long range, the Panzer 4 has a 73.3% chance to penetrate a t-34 and the T-34s a 44.4% chance to penetrate the Panzer 4- a difference of 29%.
2 Panzer 4s will fire 21.8 shells per minute.
3 T-34s will fire 29.5 shells per minute -35% more

3 T-34s will fire ~35% more shells per minute and have a 50% larger HP pool. And this is only assuming at long range. At close range the gap closes considerably with the T-34s having a 66.6%(50% increase) chance to penetrate and the Panzer 4s having an 88%(20% increase) chance.

Now if you think that a ~30% chance to penetration can offset a difference of 35% shells per minute and 50% HP, I'm not sure what to tell you. I am going to run some tests shortly just to see how it pans out.

Edit: Tests

I ran the test some 15-20 times, a few at first were just getting an idea for how I wanted the tanks best positioned. My setup was all tanks at least 30 meters distance, with one tank being in front(but no less then 30meters) to encourage focus fire and all tanks being otherwise side by side.

Of the ~15 or so actual test engagements, the Panzer 4's won 5. Of those 5, only 3 were won through the Panzer 4's just brute forcing to victory, one of them the smoke from a T-34 obscured the line of sight of another and resulted in a 1v2 until the smoke cleared, the other, 2 of the T-34s suffered main gun crits.

Of the ~10 or so T-34 victories, 3 of them had one of the Panzer 4's receiving a main gun crit.

The x3 T-34s have a ~71% chance of at least ONE shot penetrating on any salvo, the panzer 4's have a ~92% chance at least one shot will penetrate on any salvo but only a ~53% chance that both will penetrate. Generally what ends up happening is that one of the Panzer 4s is knocked out early, and one of the T-34s is knocked out around the same time. But this leaves a 2-1 scenario which greatly favors the x2 T-34s.

Keep in mind this was done at long range which favors the panzer 4s. I did not test it at mid or close range.

did you conduct those tests at 40 range? i did mine with 4 conscript sandbag lengths (40m) and showed the T-34 losing 4 out of the 5 engagements... ill try conducting them again with a larger sample size and see if i can replicate the results

edit*

repeated the tests again with all tanks at a 35m distance
test 1 = panzer 4s destroyed T-34s with 1 T34 gun disabled and 1 P4 loss
test 2 = panzer 4s destroyed T-34s with 1 P4 loss
test 3 = T-34 destroyed panzer 4 with 1 P4 gun disabled 1 T34 lost
test 4 = P4 destroyed T-34s with 1 T-34 main gun destroyed no P4 lost
test 5 = P4s destroyed T-34s with 1 P4 lost

soo basically 900 manpower and 270 fuel loses to 700mp and 240 fuel... the T-34 is supposed to fare better than this especially since its an "attrition" weapon... either increase performance to match price or reduce price to match performance

edit*

i also figured out that 4 T-34s cost the same fuel as 3 panzer 4s soo ill be conducting tests on those shortly... but judging by the results of the last test its most likely that the T-34 will lose the fight...

also the manpower cost of T-34s seem to be relatively high to its fuel cost aswell... just to let you know...
30 Nov 2020, 11:37 AM

T34 is fine. For a 90 fuel unit, it's fine. I mean, I'd sacrifice a vet3 T34 for a tiger kill (or something heavier). It's MGs are good enough for a bleed. Main gun good enough vs infantry and lighter tanks. Maybe buff the target size a bit and be done with it. Or rework veterancy or give it some ability vet0 like capping.
T34 is more than fine
30 Nov 2020, 12:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2020, 10:36 AMgbem

the T-34/crom are contemporaries of the P4 P4J and sherman..

So... you are saying the valentine isn't a contemporary of the T-34? Isn't the M10 a contemporary of the stug?

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2020, 10:36 AMgbem

My tests were conducted at 30-35 range since sight range is 35, it is unrealistic to expect engagements to begin at and maintain above 35 range. Granted this is hitting the mid range penetration instead of long which for whatever reason I was thinking was 30-40.
Either way, 30 range is far more realistic for the scenario.
30 Nov 2020, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2020, 12:23 PMSerrith

My tests were conducted at 30-35 range since sight range is 35, it is unrealistic to expect engagements to begin at and maintain above 35 range. Granted this is hitting the mid range penetration instead of long which for whatever reason I was thinking was 30-40.
Either way, 30 range is far more realistic for the scenario.

Mid range is 20 , 30 range is exactly between far (40) and mid.
30 Nov 2020, 12:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2020, 12:25 PMVipper

Mid range is 20 , 30 range is exactly between far (40) and mid.

Does penetration reduce dynamically over range? I thought it was just benchmark ranges that determine penetration...
30 Nov 2020, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2020, 12:36 PMSerrith

Does penetration reduce dynamically over range? I thought it was just benchmark ranges that determine penetration...

Linearly like accuracy.
At range 30 T-34/76 penetration should be 90.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
United Kingdom 2
Germany 31

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %