Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] UKF Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (42)down
Pip
26 Dec 2020, 19:04 PM

The baseline pop cap of the Medic squad should be 2, while the reinforce cost in manpower should be reduced to 0. This would bring it in line with the Pop cap of the Ambulance and discourage players from sending medic squads out to lose 1-2 models.

Medkits needs to be reworked into something else. Either bring them in line with other field healing options or put together some form of offensive upgrade for sections.

You've then got an unbleedable capping squad.
26 Dec 2020, 19:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2020, 19:04 PMPip

You've then got an unbleedable capping squad.

Meant 2 fixed popcap, not manpower cost. That should be kept as is.

Fixed in OP.
26 Dec 2020, 20:06 PM

nvm
Pip
27 Dec 2020, 03:26 AM

Meant 2 fixed popcap, not manpower cost. That should be kept as is.

Fixed in OP.

Ah, alrighty, that makes far more sense. I still think an alternate solution than the Medic squad existing would be a better idea, though.
28 Dec 2020, 02:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2020, 11:42 AMMMX

how so? the cromwell's main gun ai performance is superior to the majority of the medium tank roster, and with the recent buff to its hull/coaxial mgs it shouldn't be far behind in that department, either.

The AI performance of the main gun only beats the T-34 and sherman normal shells (reminder sherman has he shells), it's mgs are still far behind the t-34 and the shermans.
28 Dec 2020, 07:15 AM

The AI performance of the main gun only beats the T-34 and sherman normal shells (reminder sherman has he shells), it's mgs are still far behind the t-34 and the shermans.

MMX knows, I brought it up. Crommy needs help. Mod team just needs to make the changes.

Also, could Hunt be a +25% instead of 20%? that would make the ability at the USF fire-on-move level, instead of another weird margin.

.. or give Chrommy its Fire on Move accuracy back and some actual ranged pen.

And fix the lethality on the gun. It doesnt actually kill.
28 Dec 2020, 15:38 PM

I also think cromwell needs a bigger buff in ai department. cromwell being kinda bad is a reason why most prefer to go direct for Comet.
I would remove grenades from Comet also, it has enough abilities and automatic grenade is stupid at vet 3.
Maybe the cromwell can get grenade at vet 1 but it might be too good if not fine tunned.
28 Dec 2020, 19:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Also, could Hunt be a +25% instead of 20%? that would make the ability at the USF fire-on-move level, instead of another weird margin.

Not sure how the bonus was implemented (multiplicative as most cases or hard coded to be a specific value), cause if it's not the latter, then it's even further less than what you expect.
28 Dec 2020, 21:08 PM

Not sure how the bonus was implemented (multiplicative as most cases or hard coded to be a specific value), cause if it's not the latter, then it's even further less than what you expect.

going from 50% moving accuracy to 60% with only vehicle locations on mini-map (OK, tac map helps, I'll need to start using it) would be... rough. I guess it works for Rocket Truck hunting, but its not long enough to REALLY scout ahead.

Crommy still eats it vs all medium Axis armor (due to low ranged pen) and is low lethality vs infantry (due to small 80 and 160 damage AoE). And costs 13 pop (due to history of being OP and not rebalancing cost with the nerf).
29 Dec 2020, 00:36 AM

M3 HT buff when?
It's literally the worst HT in game with actually negative utility with the drop cost/timing make it worse than grabbing it from a forward assembly/base
29 Dec 2020, 04:00 AM

It would be nice if Tommies at least had to pay a munitions cost to upgrade Bolster on each squad, I get you have to pay 150 mp and 35 fuel but British Tier 1 tech is only 30 fuel so it standardizes their tech costs in line with the other factions in the game. Make it 30-40 muni to upgrade so if you want a double equipped Tommy Squad that can heal on the frontline you have to make a significant munitions investment which should at least cost more than double equipping Riflemen since they don't get the same cover bonus. I think that could help tone down Tommy spam a bit since you rarely see people going 4 Riflemen but 4 Tommies is standard. Especially with Brits not needing medical supplies on every squad now since the Medics were buffed to perform AOE healing like the ambo. I would be ok with the medics being made 2 pop cap to mimic the pop cap of the Ambo.
29 Dec 2020, 04:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2020, 04:00 AMClarity
It would be nice if Tommies at least had to pay a munitions cost to upgrade Bolster on each squad, I get you have to pay 150 mp and 35 fuel but British Tier 1 tech is only 30 fuel so it standardizes their tech costs in line with the other factions in the game. Make it 30-40 muni to upgrade so if you want a double equipped Tommy Squad that can heal on the frontline you have to make a significant munitions investment which should at least cost more than double equipping Riflemen since they don't get the same cover bonus.

UKF is already spending a lot of muni, perhaps too much. This is mostly because of commanders, which almost all come stacked with expensive abilities and call-ins with muni ugprades. Anyway, I highly doubt UKF currently needs any more nerfs now. Tommies, Comets, AEC and UC are already getting hit in the economy department.

I think that could help tone down Tommy spam a bit since you rarely see people going 4 Riflemen but 4 Tommies is standard. Especially with Brits not needing medical supplies on every squad now since the Medics were buffed to perform AOE healing like the ambo. I would be ok with the medics being made 2 pop cap to mimic the pop cap of the Ambo.

USF makes less rifles because of officers taking up the mainline infantry spots in the composition. UKF is forced into 4 sections because there are no stock or call-in mainline alternatives except for officer, who is currently a bit of an expensive and risky pick.
29 Dec 2020, 04:56 AM

It would be nice if Tommies at least had to pay a munitions cost to upgrade Bolster on each squad, I get you have to pay 150 mp and 35 fuel but British Tier 1 tech is only 30 fuel so it standardizes their tech costs in line with the other factions in the game. Make it 30-40 muni to upgrade so if you want a double equipped Tommy Squad that can heal on the frontline you have to make a significant munitions investment which should at least cost more than double equipping Riflemen since they don't get the same cover bonus. I think that could help tone down Tommy spam a bit since you rarely see people going 4 Riflemen but 4 Tommies is standard. Especially with Brits not needing medical supplies on every squad now since the Medics were buffed to perform AOE healing like the ambo. I would be ok with the medics being made 2 pop cap to mimic the pop cap of the Ambo.

Per squad upgrade is easier to balance but only if the bolster tech itself become cheaper, which isnt going to happens. I believe The most reasonable change will be make pyro and medic section upgrade take up 1 weapons slot each, with pyro add a scope rifle and medic upgrade cost back to 30. With that, no change is needed with bolster tech, 5 man double bren is still possible but without any utilities while pyro/medic offer new flavor and require more consider before upgrade.
29 Dec 2020, 05:05 AM

Bolster isn't an upgrade, it's a massive nerf to the UKF early game and a necessity. UKF isn't viable without it.

Also 4 Tommies isn't spam, it is the only infantry UKF has.
29 Dec 2020, 06:28 AM

Redesign UKF sniper to be a normal sniper, that would be nice, who even builds ukf sniper thinking im going for that kubel or LV.
29 Dec 2020, 11:22 AM

Redesign UKF sniper to be a normal sniper, that would be nice, who even builds ukf sniper thinking im going for that kubel or LV.

You don't build it for the AT you bukd it for the sniper and have the bonus of also being able to plink away at lights early on.
29 Dec 2020, 15:59 PM

That would be a bonus if ukf sniper Has rof of regular sniper, it does not have rof of regular sniper, so it is not a bonus but a tradeoff, a bad tradeoff in my opinion because in most cases it is still better to not engage LV with a sniper. In my case i only use it to bleed enemy manpower, as most player do with ukf sniper.
29 Dec 2020, 16:35 PM

The Comet tank is flat out the most overpowered tank in the game . It needs more adjustment then a miniscule fuel increase. It can 1vs1 a panther, has smoke , white phosphorus so it can crowd control and take out at guns AND has excellent Ai power along with fantastic speed AND armor to boot. It simply has no weakness and this is terrible for balance.

I suggest you remove some of the comets AT power so at least a panther can comfortably beat it. The unit needs a weakness like everything else in the game.
29 Dec 2020, 16:47 PM

The Comet tank is flat out the most overpowered tank in the game . It needs more adjustment then a miniscule fuel increase. It can 1vs1 a panther, has smoke , white phosphorus so it can crowd control and take out at guns AND has excellent Ai power along with fantastic speed AND armor to boot. It simply has no weakness and this is terrible for balance.

A 180 fuel tank will be better then 125 fuel one.
Deal with it.

I suggest you remove some of the comets AT power so at least a panther can comfortably beat it. The unit needs a weakness like everything else in the game.

Done AND its on life as well!
Pip
29 Dec 2020, 17:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2020, 16:47 PMKatitof

A 180 fuel tank will be better then 125 fuel one.
Deal with it.

Done AND its on life as well!

The Panther is 125 fuel now?
PAGES (42)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L