Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] SOV Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (66)down
9 Dec 2020, 04:13 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I played a couple of games today and Penals feel great but I am worried their anti-infantry accuracy on the PTRS is too high. They seem very strong and blobbable against other mainline infantry squads despite having nice damage against tanks now. Though, while they are scary against Mediums, the 6 man squads get absolutely melted and bled by heavy tanks. Perhaps the PTRS anti-infantry accuracy shouldn't be so high, v2.1 doubled their accuracy on top of many other buffs. I think they could also lose the regular satchel when they are upgraded with PTRS so they can't be used to blow up support weapons and get cheesy wipes. (I also think PGren should lose Bundle when given shreks.)

The real OP cheese will be stacking PTRS Penal blobs in front of Heavy Mortars and/or DSHK's. The M5 reinforcement support is also quite strong. (PTRS Penals in an M5 is quite nice against Flak HT, perhaps other lights too)

9 Dec 2020, 07:11 AM

Perhaps the PTRS anti-infantry accuracy shouldn't be so high, v2.1 doubled their accuracy on top of many other buffs.

Their AI DPS should be
(new 3 SVT + 3 PTRS) = (old 4 SVT + 2 PTRS)

So nothing actually got buffed, they should be the same as they were against infantry as before. Unless we messed up the DPS calculations.
9 Dec 2020, 08:14 AM

Their AI DPS should be

So nothing actually got buffed, they should be the same as they were against infantry as before. Unless we messed up the DPS calculations.

The AI DPS of PTRS Penal is already decent in live. If I remember correctly vet 3 PTRS Penal have a DPS similar to vet 0 Penals.
9 Dec 2020, 08:43 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

ISU-152 concrete round needs to have a purpose. I suggest making it a timed ability like the JT and just have it pierce world objects like the JT. The single shot isn't really useful because it takes to long to setup and is only good for a killing blow. It's like the pershing ability in live. It's too expensive to have 1 shell come out with some extra pen, although 1000 pen is super nice on the ISU, it just doesn't have enough scenarios where it's more useful as opposed to just taking another normal shot for free.

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2020, 08:14 AMVipper

The AI DPS of PTRS Penal is already decent in live. If I remember correctly vet 3 PTRS Penal have a DPS similar to vet 0 Penals.

So basically garbage vs anything that actually has vet. Especially since LMG42/34s and StGs will be plentiful by lategame.

9 Dec 2020, 09:01 AM

So basically garbage vs anything that actually has vet. Especially since LMG42/34s and StGs will be plentiful by lategame.

OP compare to AT PF.

Now combine it with Soviet Auras (and abilities) and test what happens.

(Edit and add and abilities) since a user has issues)
9 Dec 2020, 09:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2020, 09:01 AMVipper

OP compare to AT PF.

Now combine it with Soviet Auras and test what happens.

AT PFs don't need multiple squads of them to hurt tanks fast, so its balanced.
9 Dec 2020, 09:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2020, 09:01 AMVipper

OP compare to AT PF.

Now combine it with Soviet Auras and see test what happens.

The aura,s are limited to the commisar and forward hq Building as far as i know, and they are doctrinal. I dont see that becoming a rampant issue to be honest.

Lots of units have much better ai and are balanced without taking doctrines into account. Ambush camoed mg42 and pgrens for example. They already do quite a lot of damage and this allows them to do a lot more. Imperail dane's loves this ability.

9 Dec 2020, 09:13 AM

The aura,s are limited to the commisar and forward hq Building as far as i know, and they are doctrinal. I dont see that becoming a rampant issue to be honest.

Lots of units have much better ai and are balanced without taking doctrines into account. Ambush camoed mg42 and pgrens for example. They already do quite a lot of damage and this allows them to do a lot more. Imperail dane's loves this ability.

Check the abilities guide to see Soviet auras and their effects.

Check the provided replays from TheMachine to see Penal blobs
9 Dec 2020, 09:19 AM

Commisar doesn't have any auras.
FHQ has short, timed one.
KV one is pretty pretty much glorified oorah.

Unless vipper found a way to move and blob buildings around the map or recruit axis officers to the allied cause, its a non issue - again.
9 Dec 2020, 09:23 AM

Commisar doesn't have any auras.
FHQ has short, timed one.
KV one is pretty pretty much glorified oorah.

Unless vipper found a way to move and blob buildings around the map or recruit axis officers to the allied cause, its a non issue - again.

Once more you show how much little you know about the game:

FHQ aura does not have a sort duration, it actually x1.5 the duration of "Inspiring Aura"

"Inspire Infantry" work completely differently to ourah. Ourah is sprint squad ability not an aura that disable fire.
"Inspire Infantry" is aura that provide a speed boost that allows infatry to move faster while able to fire with increased DPS.

And you left out the strongest ability
Name: "For Mother Russia!"
Duration: 45 Seconds
Cost: 70 Munitions
+50% accuracy.
Squads will sprint.

Now can you PLS stop the personal comments especially in a feeback thread?

(added the word ability because a user has issues)
9 Dec 2020, 09:33 AM

That's not aura, that's fucking doctrinal global buff.

You need to learn what auras are.
9 Dec 2020, 11:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2020, 09:13 AMVipper

Check the abilities guide to see Soviet auras and their effects.

Check the provided replays from TheMachine to see Penal blobs

I see i missed some of them. The most notible is 50% acc, however i still dont think its that much off a problem. The ptrs is still not an alpha damage at weapon.

Like i said before other abilities allow stuff like that as well and units benefitting from those are considered fine mostly.
9 Dec 2020, 12:02 PM

I see i missed some of them. The most notible is 50% acc, however i still dont think its that much off a problem. The ptrs is still not an alpha damage at weapon.

Alpha damage AT weapon means little in practice when it comes to infatry unless one has enough damage to finish off the vehicle, since the can move away and repair.

In addition PTRS gain an "Alpha" bonus in the patch with reduction of time before firing.

Accuracy hardly effect their AT capability (already shot will always hit) but it does effect their AI capability.

Like i said before other abilities allow stuff like that as well and units benefitting from those are considered fine mostly.

Most other units do not turn into AI/AT blobs. Any way you can debate the issue with "TheMachine" who claims:
" I am worried their anti-infantry accuracy on the PTRS is too high. They seem very strong and blobbable against other mainline infantry squads despite having nice damage against tanks now. Though, while they are scary against Mediums, the 6 man squads get absolutely melted and bled by heavy tanks. Perhaps the PTRS anti-infantry accuracy shouldn't be so high, v2.1 doubled their accuracy on top of many other buffs. "

and was kind of enough to provide two replays to back his claim.
9 Dec 2020, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2020, 12:02 PMVipper

Alpha damage AT weapon means little practise when it comes to infatry unless one has enough damage to finish off the vehicle, since the can move away and repair.

Alpha damage is NOT for finishing vehicle.
Its in the fucking name.
Alpha - first - initial.
Its role is to deter vehicle from comiting to the fight.
PTRS is NOT alpha damage deterent, never was and will not be even with the change.
AT satchel is.

In addition PTRS gain an "Alpha" bonus in the patch with reduction of time before firing.

Incorrect, because they can still, at the very most deal 120 dmg on the first volley and its extremely lucky on actual tanks to achieve that.
That's not what alpha strike is.
Alpha strike is high frontal damage.
They don't do that.
The aim time decrease puts them in line with other AT weapons, it doesn't magically makes their shot inflict massive initial damage on a tank.

Accuracy hardly effect their AT capability (already shot will always hit) but it does effect their AI capability.

And their AI capability is completely unchanged compared to current live version, which no one uses for AI or blobbing, despite you claiming everyone would.

Most other units do not turn into AI/AT blobs.

And PTRS penals are no exception here.
PAGES (66)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight