Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] OST Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (43)down
14 Dec 2020, 15:14 PM

Reading the patchnotes one thing struck me as odd:

The increase in fuel to tech up to Battlephase 1 to delay/prevent light vehicle spam.

It does not only delay the 222 and halftrack, but also Pgrens, Rifle Nades and AT-Guns.
If the intention was to only delay the vehicles, then another approach would have been better.
14 Dec 2020, 15:39 PM

The increase in fuel to tech up to Battlephase 1 to delay/prevent light vehicle spam.

It does not only delay the 222 and halftrack, but also Pgrens, Rifle Nades and AT-Guns.
If the intention was to only delay the vehicles, then another approach would have been better.

Only if one skipped t1. Since T1 now has no fuel cost attached to it.
14 Dec 2020, 20:07 PM

The intention is to delay all of T2.
LVs and PGs were too opressive so early and you don't need ATG vs ultra lights.
15 Dec 2020, 02:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2020, 20:07 PMKatitof

The intention is to delay all of T2.
LVs and PGs were too opressive so early and you don't need ATG vs ultra lights.

The fuel cost of the Infanterie Kompanie is being remove and placed into Battle Phase 1. This will slow the rush into LVs before there is a response without impacting most non-commander infantry builds.

No mention of T2 or Pgrens.
If delaying Light Vehicles, Pgrens and therefore all of T2 was the intention, why not state it just like that?

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2020, 15:39 PMVipper

Only if one skipped t1. Since T1 now has no fuel cost attached to it.

But Pgrens and Rifle Nades are bound to BattlePhase 1 and the AT Gun to the T2 building, no?
And Rifle Nades being delayed is only ones concern if you got T1 in the first place.
I am not getting your point here, would you mind clarifying that for me please?
15 Dec 2020, 06:53 AM

But Pgrens and Rifle Nades are bound to BattlePhase 1 and the AT Gun to the T2 building, no?
And Rifle Nades being delayed is only ones concern if you got T1 in the first place.
I am not getting your point here, would you mind clarifying that for me please?

"Infanterie Kompanie
The fuel cost of the Infanterie Kompanie is being remove and placed into Battle Phase 1. This will slow the rush into LVs before there is a response without impacting most non-commander infantry builds.
- Fuel cost removed
- Portion of Command Points (gained by building structures) moved to Battle Phase 1 research

Battlephase 1
- Fuel price from 40 to 50"
It seem that mod want the Ostheer to research all tech and build all building.

15 Dec 2020, 10:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 10:26 AMKatitof

Ok.
We also need to nerf Ostwind now that T-70 is nerfed.
Also nerf PaK, because ZiS is being nerfed.
This is exactly how balance works.

Because one is overpowered meta upgrade that makes unit do things its not supposed to be doing in extremely cost efficient way and another is late game, end of the tech upgrade that leaves you with bad infantry for the whole early and mid game.

Not a singular player in existence who knows how to play this game agrees.
Its doing away and its well deserved.
It was obvious its going away for a long time already.

I guess they never realized just how bokers 5 man grens are. And to be honest i don't blame em until the pros started using this no one realized how bonkers this was even though it has been the SAME for a LONG ASS AMOUNT TIME.
15 Dec 2020, 10:14 AM

I guess they never realized just how bokers 5 man grens are. And to be honest i don't blame em until the pros started using this no one realized how bonkers this was even though it has been the SAME for a LONG ASS AMOUNT TIME.

Not really sure what you are talking about here.
It was very obvious how OP they are from the moment the patch went life and ost players loosened their iron fist grip off of poor tiger.
15 Dec 2020, 10:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2020, 10:14 AMKatitof

Not really sure what you are talking about here.
It was very obvious how OP they are from the moment the patch went life and ost players loosened their iron fist grip off of poor tiger.

the 5-man gren upgrade has the same stats(I think, correct me if I'm wrong) since the GI Doctrine was reworked. I'm saying that I DONT BLAME PEOPLE FOR NOT REALIZING THAT THEY ARE OP because of that. Are they op if anyone looks at the stats sure, if anyone bases this on pro play it's not that apparent.
15 Dec 2020, 11:02 AM

the 5-man gren upgrade has the same stats(I think, correct me if I'm wrong) since the GI Doctrine was reworked. I'm saying that I DONT BLAME PEOPLE FOR NOT REALIZING THAT THEY ARE OP because of that. Are they op if anyone looks at the stats sure, if anyone bases this on pro play it's not that apparent.

Yes, and its considered overpowered upgrade since it was implemented.
15 Dec 2020, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2020, 11:02 AMKatitof

Yes, and its considered overpowered upgrade since it was implemented.

Then explain why it's getting changed so many years later. I'm not saying it's not, i'm only saying i can't fault people for not realizing this.
15 Dec 2020, 15:31 PM

Still looking for an Elephant adjustment similar to the treatment the ISU152 received.
15 Dec 2020, 15:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2020, 15:31 PMNapalm
Still looking for an Elephant adjustment similar to the treatment the ISU152 received.

Are you asking for Elefant to get HE rounds that have range 60?
15 Dec 2020, 15:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2020, 15:46 PMVipper

Are asking for Elefant to get a HE rounds with range 60?

Then ISU should get 400 armour and a commander ability similar to spotting scope?
15 Dec 2020, 15:50 PM

Then ISU should get 400 armour and a commander ability similar to spotting scope?

Why are you asking me?
I have not suggested that Elefant should have 60 range HE rounds.
15 Dec 2020, 15:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2020, 15:46 PMVipper

Are asking for Elefant to get a HE rounds with range 60?

I really don't think the Elefant should get a buff with HE shells, it is already strong enough as it is. Keep it as hard AT, please. No need to make everything the same for every faction.
15 Dec 2020, 18:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Then explain why it's getting changed so many years later. I'm not saying it's not, i'm only saying i can't fault people for not realizing this.

Simple cause the alternatives were stronger. Either OKW was better (pre nerf JLI/Falls) or you were forced to play a Tiger doctrine (or as usual an ELE doctrine on teamgames).

The moment Tigers are not mandatory to counter IS2/Pershings, OH went back into using Ostruppen doctrines + other infantry based ones.

T4/late game buffs means less reliance on doctrinal options for that period of the game.
15 Dec 2020, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2020, 06:53 AMVipper

"Infanterie Kompanie
- Fuel cost removed
- Portion of Command Points (gained by building structures) moved to Battle Phase 1 research

Battlephase 1
- Fuel price from 40 to 50"
It seem that mod want the Ostheer to research all tech and build all building.

Oh, so the T1 building is free, now I get it.
Thanks for the time and patience!
15 Dec 2020, 19:16 PM

Oh, so the T1 building is free, now I get it.
Thanks for the time and patience!

Glad that I could help
15 Dec 2020, 20:06 PM

Ok.

16 Dec 2020, 12:15 PM

T2

T3

T4

Other Patch changes:
Medic kits.
Increase CD for 5 men grenadiers. Can the ability be changed so that it no longer locks both units into place?
PAGES (43)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS