Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] General Discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (44)down
2 Jan 2021, 05:02 AM

Miragefla is still working on vehicle priority for handheld AT. I don't think the Raketen's vehicle priority in garrisons can be fixed though. The refacing mechanic/order (which it uses to turn to another side of the building as a team weapon) seems to always reset the priority setting. .

aye, thats what im saying. if it resets the priority, does changing the default priority not reset it to its priority..... thats a mess but i hope you know what im trying to say...
2 Jan 2021, 06:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2021, 16:24 PMDharx

Wow, this could be the change that will make tanks like KV-1 and Churchill worth picking, it has always felt wrong that you couldn't protect your infantry by moving them behind such thanks. This could be one of the most impactful changes for gameplay overall, and definitely one taht will feel super natural and good.

This is the balance forum in a nutshell
2 Jan 2021, 08:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2021, 16:24 PMDharx

Wow, this could be the change that will make tanks like KV-1 and Churchill worth picking, it has always felt wrong that you couldn't protect your infantry by moving them behind such thanks. This could be one of the most impactful changes for gameplay overall, and definitely one taht will feel super natural and good.

Actually there is a solution for something like that for Churchill:

Once could change the "Infantry Support Smoke" to actually do that instead of being a Churchill defensive mechanism. It can be changed to provide cover status to UKF infatry instead of being a
sight blocker.
2 Jan 2021, 09:41 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

if we're looking at this in a broad axis vs allies point then I couldn't disagree more, allies have the best anti aircraft in the game, a range of non doc recon, a whole slew of granted mostly doctrinal but good mobile and immobile arty and the longest ranged TD's in the game.

I still don't get the talk about removing scope as well, it's basically a must take for late game otherwise it's an ez gg in team games

Depends on your game mode. In 3v3+ it is easier to sequeeze a dedicated AA vehicle into the build, especially Soviets. In smaller modes it is just not viable to have AA unless you are playing UKF.

Axis on the other hand can field AA with pintles in all modes. They will not be good enough if it needs to shoot the plane down asap, but they are usually good enough to make recon loiters not worthwhile
2 Jan 2021, 21:03 PM

Miragefla is still working on vehicle priority for handheld AT. I don't think the Raketen's vehicle priority in garrisons can be fixed though. The refacing mechanic/order (which it uses to turn to another side of the building as a team weapon) seems to always reset the priority setting.

no way to force it to always be anti veh then? like always on.

its not as if having Raks fire at inf ever achieves anything useful is it.
Pip
2 Jan 2021, 21:56 PM

no way to force it to always be anti veh then? like always on.

its not as if having Raks fire at inf ever achieves anything useful is it.

I don't really think there's really a reason for any AT gun to shoot at infantry. You may as well remove the "prioritise" button entirely, and just force all AT guns on "Prioritise vehicles" without the ability to change. You'd be losing effectively no combat performance, and it would fix a lot of frustration.

(Except the M42, which has AI rounds loadable.)

I'm surprised making the default "Prioritise vehicles" doesnt mean that the Rak keeps prioritising them in garrisons, if the issue is that facing orders reset it, though.
2 Jan 2021, 22:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2021, 21:56 PMPip

I don't really think there's really a reason for any AT gun to shoot at infantry. You may as well remove the "prioritise" button entirely, and just force all AT guns on "Prioritise vehicles" without the ability to change. You'd be losing effectively no combat performance, and it would fix a lot of frustration.

(Except the M42, which has AI rounds loadable.)

I'm surprised making the default "Prioritise vehicles" doesnt mean that the Rak keeps prioritising them in garrisons, if the issue is that facing orders reset it, though.

I killed a Brit sniper with a nearly point blank rakk shot from camo once. But even memes could be over ridden by manual targeting.
3 Jan 2021, 00:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2021, 08:59 AMVipper

Once could change the "Infantry Support Smoke" to actually do that instead of being a Churchill defensive mechanism. It can be changed to provide cover status to UKF infatry instead of being a
sight blocker.

An interesting idea. I must approve.
3 Jan 2021, 01:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2021, 08:59 AMVipper

sight blocker.

That light smoke effect Commandos used to have perhaps?
3 Jan 2021, 05:35 AM

Considering that the current Vehicle Priority mode forces an icon above the unit to indicate that the setting overrides the default, shouldn't the new default vehicle priority mode be blank and make the other setting have a floating icon?

3 Jan 2021, 06:27 AM

Considering that the current Vehicle Priority mode forces an icon above the unit to indicate that the setting overrides the default, shouldn't the new default vehicle priority mode be blank and make the other setting have a floating icon?

No, it's more meaningful to have consistent iconography (showing which mode is 'on' via an icon) than trying to show which default mode is on via the lack of an icon.
3 Jan 2021, 07:39 AM

That light smoke effect Commandos used to have perhaps?

One could start with smoke providing cover status but not cover bonus and see how it goes.

If i remember correctly Commando's smoke also provide cover bonuses.
3 Jan 2021, 16:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2021, 07:39 AMVipper

One could start with smoke providing cover status but not cover bonus and see how it goes.

If i remember correctly Commando's smoke also provide cover bonuses.

I don't see an issue with the late game infantry support tank giving the cover bonus, especially since there's bound to be yellow cover almost everywhere anyways.
3 Jan 2021, 16:46 PM

I don't see an issue with the late game infantry support tank giving the cover bonus, especially since there's bound to be yellow cover almost everywhere anyways.

I am not sure and needs to be tested.

For instance it could easily become broken with a Command vehicle Churchill.
3 Jan 2021, 19:01 PM

Talking of the Churchill, is the top mounted mg going to be keept, dispite how it messed up the animation and grenade ability?
3 Jan 2021, 19:37 PM

It seems if you get a main gun crit that none of the other weapons work on the Churchill... Not sure whether this has been introduced with the pintle or was a problem previously.
3 Jan 2021, 20:41 PM

Talking of the Churchill, is the top mounted mg going to be keept, dispite how it messed up the animation and grenade ability?

I tested this and compared it to a panther, with a main gun crit. So just it's MGs.

Vet 1 Panther without cuppola gun wiped an IS directly in front of it ( both MGs bearing ) in 48 seconds. Vet 1 Churchill with pintle, hull and coax 54 seconds..

Anyone who says the Panther isn't good against inf is flat wrong.

With the Panther upgraded with the cuppola it was 20 seconds.

So I thought maybe the Churchill has the AI advantage, it is after all meant to be an AI focussed heavy compared to a generalist medium in the Panther, when several squads are surrouning it via it's crew defence guns on the sides. Panther still wiped three squads in half the time.

The Churchill's pintle is effectively another coax, it only fires where the turrent is facing. Also the side defence guns and the hull gun seem to have very narrow cones.
Pip
3 Jan 2021, 21:28 PM

It seems if you get a main gun crit that none of the other weapons work on the Churchill... Not sure whether this has been introduced with the pintle or was a problem previously.

Damn, sounds like we'll just have to go ahead and remove MGC then.
4 Jan 2021, 00:27 AM

If it was to give the vet 1 Churchill more Ai then why dont just give the coax and hull mg a bouns ?
4 Jan 2021, 20:02 PM

V5 changes

General

AT Vehicle and AT Gun Vehicle Prioritize
The majority of dedicated AT units have received adjustments to their prioritize vehicle ability. They will now enter the battlefield with the ability active.
- Affected units are: Firefly, M10, M36, SU-76, SU-85, Jagdtiger, Jagdpanzer, Elefant, StuG G, All AT Gun squads
- All AT vehicles and mobile ATG squads start with prioritize vehicle active. Recrewed vehicles and recaptured team weapons default to prioritizing vehicles.

Anti-Air Prioritize
- Non-Grid Hotkey from Z to H

Wire
Wire is being adjusted so units will no longer get trapped in them until they are clear.
- Will only become impassable and neutral once the owning player has no infantry within 2m of the wire.

Sandbags
All buildable sandbags have been adjusted to have a small cover radius so they do not provide cover when they have been wired off.
- Adjusted cover radius of Soviet and all other constructable sandbags

Bugfixes

- Fixed an issue where the Ostheer's Puma projectile did not display properly
- Fixed an issue where Commandos would become temporary invulnerable when deploying smoke on retreat.
- Fixed an issue where new Raketenwerfer crew members would be visible if the unit was reinforced while cloaked.
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 71

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment