Login

russian armor

Dream QoL changes for Coh2

23 Nov 2020, 00:32 AM

Stuff that most likely impossible to make happen but would be nice to have in no particular order. That's why it's a dream :(

1: Statistic library within the game. This would basically be a place after launching coh2.exe on the main menu where you can see each unit's stats such as RA, DPS, cost, manpower upkeep, and etc.

2: Grenade voice lines change. A lot of grenade voice lines in this game are plenty good but there are some that don't prioritize the word GRENADE. There's one line particular for tommies where they say "Bloody hell... GRENADE!" This to me is silly. By the time you register the word grenade in your head, the squad will basically already have ate the grenade. (Assuming ofc you aren't looking at the unit.) Sappers also don't have a throwing AT grenade line so it would be nice to have one for that too. As a general rule, I would like the GRENADE Part first. I guess the same with most other combat lines? Make the unit say what's attacking them first?

3: Better MG arc indicators. Too many times have a unit crawled out of the MG "Arc" and still were shot at by the enemy :(

4: Vehicle wreck pathing change. Has the stuck on the enemy vehicle wreck killed your light vehicles before? Then you know what I'm talking about. I don't know what has to change but it would be a blessing to have that wreck not make a tank turn 360 degrees trying to path out of it.

5: Commander Icon and UI icon changes. The Coh2 modders have been working hard on that one :D I hope it gets implemented next patch.

6: Updated tutorials to help new players. Enough said about dat

7: Idk tell me what yall want to see! No balance changes please :)
23 Nov 2020, 02:15 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

7- Custom hotkeys akin to SC2 system (you can customize everything and specifically for each race and unit)

8- Dynamic in game range indicator. While a unit is selected and pressing a specific key, you could see the max range.

9- In HQ, toggle option for auto reinforce.

10- Better replay system. Allowing to rewind in some sort of way (saving game states at some intervals)

11- More and better post game statistics and mid game ones for casters. WC3 released in 2002 and they know how much resources they lost due to upkeep for ex.

12- With a better replay system we might get an improved reconnection system. Also, why not have a pause feature as well?

13- Improved report and punishment system. Right now it's too binary between nothing happening and boom bans.

14- Release the old mod tools functionality.

15- Make the map rotation more dynamic allowing more community maps to make it into the normal automatch rotation BUT allowing people to opt out of getting them.

16- Placement games should take into account information of your other ranks for the same game mode and not be a blanket "destroy noob" 10 game season pass.

23 Nov 2020, 04:27 AM

Completely remove the Relief Infantry skill from the game, and similar skills, replace it with something else, and if not, just Remove it, even the extra interface space is better than that.
Buff 10CP Stuka JU-87 Anti-Tank Strafe from Close and Air Support, the ability, the damage it deals, the cost and the luck it takes to use it correctly is ridiculous. maybe 6CP Stuka JU-87 D Anti-Infantry Strafe too.
Fix the surrender button, how is it possible that they don't know how to fix a database ?.
23 Nov 2020, 07:50 AM

7- Custom hotkeys akin to SC2 system (you can customize everything and specifically for each race and unit)

8- Dynamic in game range indicator. While a unit is selected and pressing a specific key, you could see the max range.

9- In HQ, toggle option for auto reinforce.

10- Better replay system. Allowing to rewind in some sort of way (saving game states at some intervals)

11- More and better post game statistics and mid game ones for casters. WC3 released in 2002 and they know how much resources they lost due to upkeep for ex.

12- With a better replay system we might get an improved reconnection system. Also, why not have a pause feature as well?

13- Improved report and punishment system. Right now it's too binary between nothing happening and boom bans.

14- Release the old mod tools functionality.

15- Make the map rotation more dynamic allowing more community maps to make it into the normal automatch rotation BUT allowing people to opt out of getting them.

16- Placement games should take into account information of your other ranks for the same game mode and not be a blanket "destroy noob" 10 game season pass.

These are all core game mechanics we can not change sadly (you know this but I just picked your post as an example).

With the new patch coming up, we'd love to know which small ingame QoL improvements you guys want to see, that you think/hope should be possible for us to implement. Things like a forced reload button for HMGs or an AA only mode for certain vehicles.

23 Nov 2020, 14:52 PM

These are all core game mechanics we can not change sadly (you know this but I just picked your post as an example).

With the new patch coming up, we'd love to know which small ingame QoL improvements you guys want to see, that you think/hope should be possible for us to implement. Things like a forced reload button for HMGs or an AA only mode for certain vehicles.

A toggle-able range indicator for tanks and infantry would be nice. Same as what shows for snipers by default.
23 Nov 2020, 15:01 PM

Fixing prioritise vehicles for the Luchs, if I am not mistaking the icon doesn't show up above the vehicle.

Prioritise vehicles for hand held at squads would also be nice.
23 Nov 2020, 15:15 PM

More of a fix than a QoL, but the Stuka/Mobile Arty/LeFH/ML-20(?) bug where the firing is cancelled (before shots are made) but it still starts the CD. Perhaps locking the (initial) animation in might be preferable to losing an outright firing as it's on CD either way, assuming the CD thing can't be practically fixed.....
23 Nov 2020, 15:22 PM

1. "Hold fire" button for all units.
2. True veterancy descriptions with more actual data and less "advanced training, field control" etc garbage.
3. Custom hotkeys.
4. Changing policies on leavers, so there will be no excuse for leaving in team games.
23 Nov 2020, 15:55 PM

Huge thumbs up for comin up with a clever thread and even focusin on the QoL issues:

My additions:

1)Fix the damn inf movement system. No more derpin on the spot. The very first priority when recievin a move order should be to GTFO of the spot where they currently are, and only after that should they try to reorganize the formation. Make nades dodgin great again

2) Handbrake for infantry

3) If a unit gets attack order on target thats out of its range, it will advance to engage it. Thats OK. But when it gets ordered to shoot somethin that already is in range, it should not chase it once the target gets out of range

4) USF crews should not be automatically (i.e. without recievin an order) tryin to repair any other vehicle than their own
23 Nov 2020, 18:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Oh i thought the thread was basically COH3 wishlist.

"Stuff that most likely impossible to make happen but would be nice to have in no particular order. That's why it's a dream"

I would have to think for things that are implementable.
23 Nov 2020, 19:16 PM

Oh i thought the thread was basically COH3 wishlist.

It was, but we might as well use the opportunity to turn it into something productive!
23 Nov 2020, 19:17 PM
Donator 22

Thanks for this dream thread. Made me smile, makes me dream, even long after having read it.
23 Nov 2020, 21:47 PM

Wow, after years of pushing out balance patches, the team mysteriously threw these QoL improvements together suddenly for this patch. So impressive.

Considering the 2-man mod team that you took these from were able to create them in under a day, you should be able to get them to work.
23 Nov 2020, 22:02 PM

Considering the 2-man mod team that you took these from were able to create them in under a day, you should be able to get them to work.

We should be able to get them to work, otherwise I would be happy to ask you for help.
Thanks for inspiring some ideas, I hope they will make it to live.
Pip
23 Nov 2020, 22:31 PM

We should be able to get them to work, otherwise I would be happy to ask you for help.
Thanks for inspiring some ideas, I hope they will make it to live.

Is it possible to give vehicles a similar "Forced Reload" ability? Units like the Ostwind, and basically any unit with an MG can be left in a position where they only have a few rounds left in a magazine/belt, and can then be left reloading at inopportune times.

I'm not sure if it's been suggested as well, but giving AT-equipped infantry a "prioritise vehicles" button, and units such as MGs a "hold fire" button, without them first needing camouflage. Sometimes it can be beneficial to allow an unit to get further into an arc before you begin shooting.
23 Nov 2020, 23:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2020, 22:31 PMPip

Is it possible to give vehicles a similar "Forced Reload" ability? Units like the Ostwind, and basically any unit with an MG can be left in a position where they only have a few rounds left in a magazine/belt, and can then be left reloading at inopportune times.

I'm not sure if it's been suggested as well, but giving AT-equipped infantry a "prioritise vehicles" button, and units such as MGs a "hold fire" button, without them first needing camouflage. Sometimes it can be beneficial to allow an unit to get further into an arc before you begin shooting.

Yes please and yes please. Like both ideas
24 Nov 2020, 00:02 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I might remember wrong but there was issues with priorities resetting when getting inside garrison. Outside of that it's possible.

Is your mod patch project still alive ?
Pip
24 Nov 2020, 00:29 AM

I might remember wrong but there was issues with priorities resetting when getting inside garrison. Outside of that it's possible.

I suppose I was asking less if it were "physically possible" and more if they might consider doing it, though you do make a good point there. The Raketen is subject to that issue. Is there no workaround to units in garrisons losing their priorities?
24 Nov 2020, 10:58 AM

It's in my mod, so you can expect them to steal it, yes.

Yes, and the new balance team's first agenda item was to go to it and take all the work we've done. we're trying for a 4 faction release this week. After all, we're two people with full-time jobs against a team of 10 who, last I heard, are all unemployed. Our mod also encompasses far more changes then the next balance patch.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★