Login

russian armor

USF officer

17 Nov 2020, 12:24 PM

USF officer currently feel more like another "riflemen" squad. These are some suggestions on how to make these unit more unique:

General Changes:
Passive sprint replaced by timed sprint.
Reasons:
consistency passive sprint has been removed from most units.

non tech weapon upgrade removed.
Reasons:
The weapon upgrade where needed before the tech revamp but now they are no longer necessary. In addition with this suggestions they are being replaced by other options.

Grenade/smoke grenade share CD
Reasons:
consistency.

Shared vetarancy removed for LT/CT
Reasons:
These units can dish out damage and thus there is no reason for shared veterancy

Make Thompson transferable
Reasons:
Consistency

Design:
LT designed as an offensive oriented unit
Captain design as an defensive/utility oriented unit
Major a utility unit

LT:
start with 1 Thompson/4 carbines can now upgrade with 2 more after weapon rack unlocked, takes all weapon slots.
Vet 1 ability "on me" (ability can scale with veterancy)
Reasons:
Solidifies LT as an offensive AI unit.

Captain:
Start with 5 Garrands, can now upgrade with an LMG take all weapons slot, can no longer supervise
, has access to frag grenade and AT grenade
Vet 1, "mortar barrage" calls in a mortar barrage (ability can scale with veterancy)
Reasons:
Solidifies Captain as defensive oriented unit with utility

Major:
Now has 1 entity can be upgrade to increase entity to 3, start with pistol if upgrade 1 carbines.
Reckon flight replaced by use binoculars providing "focus sight" as vet 1 ability.
Smoke grenade removed can now supervise.
Reason:
Major become utility oriented while allowing player to use him both in base and out of it with low Pop.

Reckon plane removed since this option should not be available stock.

17 Nov 2020, 13:45 PM

For the opponent these squads deffinetly don't feel like "another rifleman squad".

If the balance team thinks about adjusting these squads in the first place they should start by making them 280 manpower and buildable after the given tier is set up. The upgrades you propose should (imo) be tied to the upgrade of the given tier (not to the squad).

Does anyone ever use the captain's 'supervise building' ability?
17 Nov 2020, 15:03 PM

Do obers and falls share cooldown on their smoke and nonsmoke grenades?
17 Nov 2020, 15:04 PM

Nope, we should make them share it for standarization purposes.
Same thing with flame nades and infiltration nades.
17 Nov 2020, 15:21 PM

I have this USF tech idea for a long time

Tier0 HQ:
- Riflemen
- Rear
- Mortar
- Ambulance

Tier1 Platoon: 35fuel
- MG
- M20
Platoon Mechanize: 20fuel
- Lieu + double Bar (350mp) No more a free squad
- Stuart

Tier2 Company: 35fuel
- ATgun
- M1 supportgun
Company Mechanize: 20fuel
- Cap + double Zook (350mp) No more a free squad
- AAHT

Tier3 Battalion: 90fuel
- Sherman
- Carrier
- unlock M10...
Battalion Mechanize: 30fuel
- Major. No more a free squad
- Jackson
- unlock Callion, Pershing, Sherman variation...
17 Nov 2020, 16:05 PM

Ober and Fall do not have have smoke grenade they have "wp" type grenades similar to assault IS that damage and slow units in them so they can not be used to advance through smoke.

In any case officer and fuss/ober share little similarities and thus the comparison is irrelevant.
Pip
17 Nov 2020, 16:52 PM

Does anyone ever use the captain's 'supervise building' ability?

I've seen people use it, it's nice to be able to get certain units out more quickly. The issue is really that it needs the Captain in base, and given that he's an effective combat squad, this only really happens after he retreats. It's kind of a meme ability.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2020, 15:04 PMKatitof

Nope, we should make them share it for standarization purposes.
Same thing with flame nades and infiltration nades.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2020, 16:05 PMVipper

Ober and Fall do not have have smoke grenade they have "wp" type grenades similar to assault IS that damage and slow units in them so they can not be used to advance through smoke.

I mean, both the Bundle and Warcrime grenade are offensive grenades. I'd say they should indeed have shared cooldowns. Regular smokes/grenades should as well, though. Any throwable should share cooldowns (Except for Snares, and perhaps speciality abilities like Satchels, if any unit were to have both a Satchel and a Grenade. Uncertain on the latter.)

17 Nov 2020, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2020, 16:52 PMPip

I mean, both the Bundle and Warcrime grenade are offensive grenades. I'd say they should indeed have shared cooldowns. Regular smokes/grenades should as well, though. Any throwable should share cooldowns (Except for Snares, and perhaps speciality abilities like Satchels, if any unit were to have both a Satchel and a Grenade. Uncertain on the latter.)

I am not debating weather they should or should not share a CD, I am simply point out that Ober and Fall do not use smoke grenades and thus the argument is mute.
Pip
17 Nov 2020, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2020, 16:55 PMVipper

I am not debating weather they should or should not share a CD, I am simply point out that Ober and Fall do not use smoke grenades and thus the argument is mute.

It's still a smoke grenade, it just has some slightly different properties. The damage is both a benefit and a negative, it means you can use it as a weapon, but you can't assault through it, nor drop it at your feet to assist in capturing a point. I think it also prevents vehicles from using their weaponry.

But it still blocks sight, so it's still a smoke. Saying that it isn't is a bit of a semantic argument. It's the Sight-blocking property that makes it a "Smoke Grenade", not the fact you can assault through it, nor the fact it's specifically named "Smoke Grenade".
17 Nov 2020, 17:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2020, 16:59 PMPip

It's still a smoke grenade, it just has some slightly different properties. The damage is both a benefit and a negative, it means you can use it as a weapon, but you can't assault through it, nor drop it at your feet to assist in capturing a point. I think it also prevents vehicles from using their weaponry.

But it still blocks sight, so it's still a smoke. Saying that it isn't is a bit of a semantic argument. It's the Sight-blocking property that makes it a "Smoke Grenade", not the fact you can assault through it, nor the fact it's specifically named "Smoke Grenade".

The reason smoke grande and HE share cool down VG is because they would be able to be used to frontally attack HMGs, oddly that restriction does not apply for Officers probably due to an oversight and it should be fixed.

The rest is irrelevant, lets not derail this thread with thing that have nothing to do with topic.
(Blendkörper are different and simply irrelevant to officers smoke grenades)
17 Nov 2020, 19:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

For the grenade debate, i think it's easier to just quote someone of the mod team and ask them directly instead of discussing which side is right.

As far as the ideas presented in the post, i think you are nerfing them a bit too much and not giving back enough. On top of this been a big rework, which i'm not sure the game will see applied to a faction which is mostly fine.
18 Nov 2020, 15:29 PM

Lets try too stick to the topic, the vet 1 ability Blendkörper is irrelevant to the USF officers grenades and anyone who want to talk about other grenades and their CD can start a thread about it.
18 Nov 2020, 15:55 PM

They don't, because they can't run through their own smoke because it's WP. MP40 Volks and Shocks have shared cooldowns so they can't smoke HMGs and immediately kill them with a grenade. If the LT can, that's an oversight that should be fixed in my opinion.
18 Nov 2020, 19:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

They don't, because they can't run through their own smoke because it's WP. MP40 Volks and Shocks have shared cooldowns so they can't smoke HMGs and immediately kill them with a grenade. If the LT can, that's an oversight that should be fixed in my opinion.

I thought in case of Shocktroops, it was a case of an unfixable bug.

"Due to a programming level bug with Shock Troop grenade cooldowns, a shared cooldown has been reinstated."
19 Nov 2020, 05:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2020, 12:24 PMVipper
non tech weapon upgrade removed.

Shared vetarancy removed for LT/CT

Captain: can no longer supervise

Reckon plane removed since this option should not be available stock.

L M A O

Thanks for the laughs.
19 Nov 2020, 09:05 AM

Red units OP, pls nerf.
19 Nov 2020, 09:33 AM

Remove Major reccon. Sory but why ?
this move is Overnerf
19 Nov 2020, 10:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2020, 09:33 AMtheekvn
Remove Major reccon. Sory but why ?
this move is Overnerf

Because USF off map have been receiving buff and being able to combine stock reckon run (that piratically can not be countered especially when the second plane becomes available) and off map is simply too much.

As you can see in the suggestion it has been replaced by "focus sight" ability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 51
unknown 16
Germany 31

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak