Login

russian armor

IL-2 Anti Tank Rocket Run

11 Nov 2020, 19:42 PM

This skill and the commander is so cheesy as hell, like you just need all multi purpose unit and nothing cant breakthrough it :gimpy:

I plays most 2v2. i think, i can handle anythings vs soviet but not this one >,<, like always t-34 ram and IL-2 rocket, and its gone :help:

The SVT conscript is really good, but im not complaining. it just make the game difficult on late game if my tank is gone :(

sorry for my bad english :)
11 Nov 2020, 19:48 PM

The IL2 rocket run should have been a copy of the USF airbourne rocket loiter. No idea why this current abomination made it to the live game.
Pip
11 Nov 2020, 20:00 PM

The IL2 rocket run should have been a copy of the USF airbourne rocket loiter. No idea why this current abomination made it to the live game.

If Ram didnt exist it would probably be fine... potentially even a little weak. The issue is that ram DOES exist, and if you can get one off (Not exactly a difficult feat) you can just delete pretty much any axis vehicle you like.

There are a lot of rather annoying offmaps, but I do think this is the worst offender.
11 Nov 2020, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2020, 20:00 PMPip

If Ram didnt exist it would probably be fine... potentially even a little weak. The issue is that ram DOES exist, and if you can get one off (Not exactly a difficult feat) you can just delete pretty much any axis vehicle you like.

There are a lot of rather annoying offmaps, but I do think this is the worst offender.

Yes, the ram stun and after that its get vehicle disable make it too long to react or escape from off map skills :D
11 Nov 2020, 21:27 PM

If Ram didnt exist it would probably be fine... potentially even a little weak.

It most definitely would not be weak. It would probably still be too strong imo, it barely costs more than an incendiary barrage and it can knock out heavy tanks

It's pretty easy to use on engine damage vehicles too. It's obviously very strong with Ram but I don't think that's the only reason. It's really fast and has good damage
11 Nov 2020, 22:10 PM

to be fair... the T-34-76 is rather bad outside of ram... if ram were replaced with some other ability or nerfed the T-34-76 most definitely needs an overhaul...
11 Nov 2020, 22:33 PM

i really dont mind with the t-34 ram because of its uniqeuness, but the rocket damage is really insane and fast.

afaik, that combo alone can do maybe 90% damage on King Tigers. If that is a Tiger, it will be gone :S
11 Nov 2020, 22:40 PM

yeah but ram is kinda useless on its own without abilities like IL-2 rocket PTAB bomb or anti tank overwatch.... if you do nerf abilities that synchronize with ram the T-34-76 itself becomes rather useless...

id prefer if the T-34-76 itself would recieve a rework instead of trying to change IL-2 or whatever those abilities are...
11 Nov 2020, 22:58 PM

Explains the deletion of a couple of vehicles by rockets in the last few months....
11 Nov 2020, 23:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The commander would be far more balanced if you were to swap the IL2 strafing run from the Guards with the IL2 rocket run.

Requiring the Guards would at least make it far harder to use.
12 Nov 2020, 00:03 AM

i think il-2 rockets fits the soviet airborne theme... id honestly just rework the T-34-76 imo...
12 Nov 2020, 01:02 AM

The rocket is definitely a great end-game ability. Probably one of the best.
While saying it takes out 90% of the health isn't how I remember it, a full on strafe from front to back versus large hitbox tanks means you could get as many as 6 rockets (3 set times 2) in. As far as I know, that means you can knock out at least half a health bar using a ram + strafe combo. Not enough to be a no-brainer delete, but if your tank is caught out in a bad spot, it won't take much more to finish it off.

I don't know what's a good move for tweaking this. It's a pretty expensive combo if you fail, after all. The t-34 is usually dead as a cost, and the rockets are not cheap on ammo. Maybe reduce rocket stafe cost back to pre-nerf and reduce frequency of rockets fired during stafe?
Pip
12 Nov 2020, 01:28 AM

While saying it takes out 90% of the health isn't how I remember it, a full on strafe from front to back versus large hitbox tanks means you could get as many as 6 rockets (3 set times 2) in. As far as I know, that means you can knock out at least half a health bar using a ram + strafe combo. Not enough to be a no-brainer delete, but if your tank is caught out in a bad spot, it won't take much more to finish it off.

I don't know what's a good move for tweaking this. It's a pretty expensive combo if you fail, after all. The t-34 is usually dead as a cost, and the rockets are not cheap on ammo. Maybe reduce rocket stafe cost back to pre-nerf and reduce frequency of rockets fired during stafe?

I mean, failing ram -> Strafe is rather hard, isnt it? Most of the things you'd want to ram aren't going to be able to outrun the t34, and as far as I know you don't need to drop the strafe until the T34 strikes it's target.
12 Nov 2020, 01:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2020, 01:28 AMPip

I mean, failing ram -> Strafe is rather hard, isnt it? Most of the things you'd want to ram aren't going to be able to outrun the t34, and as far as I know you don't need to drop the strafe until the T34 strikes it's target.

It's not hard, definitely. I'd say it's one of the least skill intensive things to pull off. I meant more so it is a failure if the attack did not result in taking out the intended target. This could happen if the target is well supported, resulting in either the T-34 ram failing to connect because it stepped on a mine or otherwise such as AT taking it out. In those cases, yeah, you at least save the ammunition, but the tank is still lost for practically nothing.

The alternative is the ram connected, but then the stafe + any other assaulting forces failed to finish the job. This can happen with similar cases of support.

Either way, what I am saying is it's great taking out big tanks caught out of position, but if you can support it right, you might just end up being a huge resource drain for the opponent.
Pip
12 Nov 2020, 01:55 AM

It's not hard, definitely. I'd say it's one of the least skill intensive things to pull off. I meant more so it is a failure if the attack did not result in taking out the intended target. This could happen if the target is well supported, resulting in either the T-34 ram failing to connect because it stepped on a mine or otherwise such as AT taking it out. In those cases, yeah, you at least save the ammunition, but the tank is still lost for practically nothing.

The alternative is the ram connected, but then the stafe + any other assaulting forces failed to finish the job. This can happen with similar cases of support.

Either way, what I am saying is it's great taking out big tanks caught out of position, but if you can support it right, you might just end up being a huge resource drain for the opponent.

Sure, but I think it failing due to overwhelming enemy support is rather more rare than you being able to get one/two extra shots into the side of the Elefant or whatever and killing it. It does succeed rather more often than it fails, in my experience.
12 Nov 2020, 02:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2020, 01:55 AMPip

Sure, but I think it failing due to overwhelming enemy support is rather more rare than you being able to get one/two extra shots into the side of the Elefant or whatever and killing it. It does succeed rather more often than it fails, in my experience.

That's true, and I think the damage dealt is the problem here.
I know you can also suggest changing ram or make the stafe less consistent, I don't think the approach of making any gameplay more frustrating is the best way to go about it, rather just to nerf the damage so that it remains a consistent tool for the soviets, but with far less potency so there is a greater chance that the invested attack fails.
12 Nov 2020, 02:16 AM

Please just make ram a skillshot like the Firefly tulip rockets. Alternatively, distribute the criticals based on the tank that the T34 hits (for example, if the T34 hits a P4, than there's a higher chance for a critical than if it hits something big like a KT).
12 Nov 2020, 02:39 AM

what if we replace ram with vet 0 APCR rounds ala USF AT gun?
12 Nov 2020, 07:46 AM

The rockets is always comes from rear armor, and Heavy Tanks always cant react to evade that ram + rockets.

My tanks or my teammate tanks, is not out of positions, the t34 just charge ahead and other followed. afaik and experience, i never see this tactic fail to delete a tank in a game
12 Nov 2020, 07:59 AM

The rockets is always comes from rear armor, and Heavy Tanks always cant react to evade that ram + rockets.

My tanks or my teammate tanks, is not out of positions, the t34 just charge ahead and other followed. afaik and experience, i never see this tactic fail to delete a tank in a game

while it does most certainly delete heavies... ripping off 90% of the hp is a bit inaccurate... as i tested on cheatmods it usually kills around 60-70% of the HP of a tiger even from the rear... it usually needs an SU-85 or some other AT unit to finish the kill...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★