Login

russian armor

Conscript PPSH assault package

PAGES (13)down
3 Nov 2020, 11:21 AM

Not taking into account that the PPSH upgrade does not take a weapon slot?
3 Nov 2020, 11:24 AM

No need to, because and can't take 7th man with it anyway and all of the other possibilities, mainly LMGs make them weaker on the long run and you can't exactly share BARs, exceptions maybe being flamer or AT for the lulz.
3 Nov 2020, 11:56 AM

No need to, because and can't take 7th man with it anyway and all of the other possibilities, mainly LMGs make them weaker on the long run and you can't exactly share BARs, exceptions maybe being flamer or AT for the lulz.

Not really and that is hardly argument for keeping the slot unlike other weapons upgrades, in the end of the day if slot is pointless there will hardly be any problem with removing it.

3 Nov 2020, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2020, 11:56 AMVipper

Not really and that is hardly argument for keeping the slot unlike other weapons upgrades, in the end of the day if slot is pointless there will hardly be any problem with removing it.

And, on the other hand, if the slot is pointless, why remove it?
Don't fix problems that aren't there perhaps?

Unless you want to give ppsh cons the similar amount of utility mp40 volks get with their upgrade, in which case, additional slot is certainly not needed.
3 Nov 2020, 12:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2020, 11:56 AMVipper

id trade that weapon slot for 6 PPSHs nondoc in a heartbeat...
3 Nov 2020, 12:16 PM

The slot is not pointless and it should be removed.
And there is something called consistency.

Unless you want to give ppsh cons the similar amount of utility mp40 volks get with their upgrade, in which case, additional slot is certainly not needed.

Try to stay on topic unless you want to give a weapon slot to mp-40 VG.
3 Nov 2020, 12:23 PM

A little short sighted maybe, but nothing we didnt expect :)

If they take your dropped LMG42 on their PPSH squad you can't have that 2 LMG grenadiers. Flamer on your PPSH-conscripts or the SVT drop (for team games) is really nice.
3 Nov 2020, 12:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2020, 12:16 PMVipper

Consistency is something the game lacks on important aspects of the game and for no reason some people are against on fixing this.

I wonder how the balance team make their dessisions, certainly hope they don't get them from these topics.
3 Nov 2020, 12:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2020, 12:16 PMVipper

The slot is not pointless and it should be removed.

Should be removed "because I said so" and you mean consistency, like removing rec dmg from rangers, because it wasn't explained enough on how it works only to give it back next patch to grens? That is the consistency you speak of here?
Is it consistent that USF can't equip 2nd LMG despite them having 2 weapon slots and m1919 taking 1?
Is it consistent that healing between faction is all over the place in terms of costs, availability and how it actually works?
Sorry, there is no magical "consistency" in the game, only individual cases.

Try to stay on topic unless you want to give a weapon slot to mp-40 VG.

So you're saying extra nades should go from mp40 and weapon slot being given instead?
3 Nov 2020, 12:53 PM

Should be removed "because I said so" and you mean consistency, like removing rec dmg from rangers, because it wasn't explained enough on how it works only to give it back next patch to grens? That is the consistency you speak of here?
Is it consistent that USF can't equip 2nd LMG despite them having 2 weapon slots and m1919 taking 1?
Is it consistent that healing between faction is all over the place in terms of costs, availability and how it actually works?

So you're saying extra nades should go from mp40 and weapon slot being given instead?

You're fighting the windmills here. Let it go. At the end of the day, no matter what you say will change allyboo's or wheraboo's mind, especially not General V's. PPSH Cons packet is lackluster, especially with better upgrades. The cons themselves are fine. PPSH upgrade should maybe at some utility or rework some utility on cons, especially since cons have to purchase flame nade and AT nade separately. Other than that, I see nothing wrong with them being slightly inferior in terms of DPS to axis close range upgrades.

Anyway, just don't argue with people that will not see reason.
3 Nov 2020, 13:18 PM

I laugh in my own OST voice when I face SOVs players who decided to go PPSHs. it is sad that ppsh cons cant defeat my AssGrens. That doctorine is massively lacklustre and does nothing at all. I think there's no need to think about fixing it, I think what is needed is to tell players what is meta, and what isn't. PSSH is deffo not meta at all, and never will be, unless they and cons receive a massive change.
3 Nov 2020, 13:24 PM

You're fighting the windmills here. Let it go. At the end of the day, no matter what you say will change allyboo's or wheraboo's mind, especially not General V's. PPSH Cons packet is lackluster, especially with better upgrades. The cons themselves are fine. PPSH upgrade should maybe at some utility or rework some utility on cons, especially since cons have to purchase flame nade and AT nade separately. Other than that, I see nothing wrong with them being slightly inferior in terms of DPS to axis close range upgrades.

Anyway, just don't argue with people that will not see reason.

Pls keep personal comments away from threads.

If in you opinion conscripts should retain the weapon slot when upgraded with PPsh feel free to provide your arguments.
3 Nov 2020, 13:33 PM

Yes removing DR from Ranger is consistency since no other infatry started with damage reduction.

And if in your opinion Ranger are UP start a thread about it instead of derailing this one.

Actually this was balance issue but if in your opinion it not consistent LMG can get the Bren treatment and become cheaper and worse.

They all get heal and that is consistent. You are confusing variety with consistency.

If you actually use the MP-40 VG you will see that they do not get an extra since the lose the original flame grenade. The actually swap the incendiary grenade for a He and smoke. And the reason why the even get a smoke grenade is because they do not have sprint as other basic smg troops including conscripts.

Actually the fragmentation grenade is nerf since the smoke/incendiary combo was considered OP but if in your opinion it is unfair start a thread about it asking for incendiary grenade to replace the frag.

Now instead complaining for thing irrelevant to ppsh ranging from ranges to healing and derailing yet another thread try to stay on the PPsh upgrade. It is an upgrade and there is no not take up a weapon slot.

3 Nov 2020, 13:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2020, 12:16 PMgbem

id trade that weapon slot for 6 PPSHs nondoc in a heartbeat...

I would prefer the upgrade to provide 6 Ppsh also since smg and bolt action do not mix.
Pip
3 Nov 2020, 16:16 PM

Keeping the slot is generally meaningless, honestly. You can't directly equip them with anything else as Soviet, and opposing weapon pickups aren't the most common thing in the world. Not to mention most Axis droppables (And droppables in general) really don't benefit PPSH cons' intended role. Flamethrowers are an exception. As are BARs, but you really are unlikely to get one, and simply cannot in 1v1s.

EDIT:

Arguably PPSH cons do already have similar utility to MP40 volks. They have their sprint, and retain their Molotov. It can be argued between whether a Smoke and regular Grenade is ultimately superior to a Sprint and Molotov, but they both have utility. Giving them both Smoke and a Grenade also makes them even more like discount Shocks, and if they they retain Oorah on top of that you may have a rather overloaded squad.

EDIT EDIT:

This is indeed consistent with other mainlines (Or even elites, other than Paras) with access to ~m1919 strength LMGs. Grens have two weapon slots, and are only able to upgrade with a single MG42. USF are then still able to boost their damage further with a BAR, despite the fact the 1919 is, to my knowledge, even stronger than the LMG42.

USF merely have a different way of buying their upgrades for Infantry, the Weapon Racks are an upgrade dispenser, not quite a weapon pickup.
Pip
3 Nov 2020, 16:32 PM

I laugh in my own OST voice when I face SOVs players who decided to go PPSHs. it is sad that ppsh cons cant defeat my AssGrens. That doctorine is massively lacklustre and does nothing at all. I think there's no need to think about fixing it, I think what is needed is to tell players what is meta, and what isn't. PSSH is deffo not meta at all, and never will be, unless they and cons receive a massive change.

PPSH cons shouldn't be expected to beat Assgrens anyway. Cons still have their snare, and Merge. I think if they had better DPS than Assgrens you're looking at a pretty unfair unit, and Assgrens would basically be a worthless dead-end against SOV (Except for the first few minutes, before you can get the PPSH upgrade, of course).
3 Nov 2020, 17:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2020, 16:32 PMPip

PPSH cons shouldn't be expected to beat Assgrens anyway. Cons still have their snare, and Merge. I think if they had better DPS than Assgrens you're looking at a pretty unfair unit, and Assgrens would basically be a worthless dead-end against SOV (Except for the first few minutes, before you can get the PPSH upgrade, of course).

should MP40 volks beat PPSH cons? MP40 volks have HE grenades and smoke on top of having superior combat ability...

not to mention MP40 volks are cheaper
3 Nov 2020, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2020, 17:12 PMgbem

should MP40 volks beat PPSH cons? MP40 volks have HE grenades and smoke on top of having superior combat ability...

not to mention MP40 volks are cheaper

Not to mention VGs cost more MP.
3 Nov 2020, 17:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2020, 17:21 PMVipper

Not to mention VGs cost more MP.

cons PPSH costs more munitions

and were comparing the upgrades not the base squad...
3 Nov 2020, 18:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2020, 17:28 PMgbem

cons PPSH costs more munitions

and were comparing the upgrades not the base squad...

And that is simply misleading the upgrade goes together with base base squad and it the total that has to be balanced.

That is why LMG42 is cheaper than m1919
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight