Login

russian armor

OKW needs redesign?

16 Oct 2020, 02:37 AM

2) Without butchering healing too much, med crates should be moved to kubel, and it should be 1 crate not 3, for 10-15 munition. Right now there is no MP invesment (since you get SPs as starting unit), with creates moved to kubel, there would be MP invesment, allowing creates themself to become cheaper.
Healing shouldnt be teching factor, considering its a critical part of the gameplay.

This also will remove some pressure from STpios, aswell wont destoy OKW economy if you lose them.

Interesting idea. Can't say if I like it or not.

3) Mech HQ should be cheaper, around 30-40 fuel to be set up, while difference in price should go to AA unlock. This will help OKW inf play, with allowing faster obersts. LMG still will be locked behind AA unlock and have corrent timing.

This will only make Battlegroup HQ even worse.
16 Oct 2020, 03:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 02:37 AMSpoof

This will only make Battlegroup HQ even worse.

I'm retarded, I meant schwerer. Because it has tanks, I always think about it as a mech HQ.
16 Oct 2020, 07:35 AM

4) Raketen can remain cloak, while moving in clock should be replaced with something different.

RW can not move while cloaked contrary to other cloaked ATGs.
16 Oct 2020, 07:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 07:35 AMVipper

I wouldn't call that movement in case of ZiS, unless you want to be semantic nazi, in which case, yeah, it can "move" while cloaked.
16 Oct 2020, 09:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 07:35 AMVipper

I belive it can with vet. Not with vet 1, but with like vet 3 or above I cant remember which one.
16 Oct 2020, 09:58 AM

I belive it can with vet. Not with vet 1, but with like vet 3 or above I cant remember which one.

I don't think so.

"Unlocks the "Camouflage" ability.
+25% reload speed.
+25% penetration.
For first shot, fired out of camouflage:
+100000 penetration.
+25% damage.
+15% maximum speed.
+10% reload speed."

The problem is that when cloaked it "remember" attack move orders and it will "continue" moving when it is "uncloaked" if an attack move order was given.
16 Oct 2020, 10:28 AM

2) Without butchering healing too much, med crates should be moved to kubel, and it should be 1 crate not 3, for 10-15 munition. Right now there is no MP invesment (since you get SPs as starting unit), with creates moved to kubel, there would be MP invesment, allowing creates themself to become cheaper.
Healing shouldnt be teching factor, considering its a critical part of the gameplay.

I dont like the idea of putting med crates on the kubel because it would force you to get a kubel if you went mechanized HQ. That said i agree sturmpios need to have some of their utility dispersed.
Something that I/others have tossed around previously is giving volksgrenadiers a minesweeper package that uses up all weapon slots. The squad may or may not unlock repairs but if it does they would be slow repairs like conscript or pgren repairs(1hp per second per model).
16 Oct 2020, 10:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 10:28 AMSerrith

I dont like the idea of putting med crates on the kubel because it would force you to get a kubel if you went mechanized HQ. That said i agree sturmpios need to have some of their utility dispersed.
Something that I/others have tossed around previously is giving volksgrenadiers a minesweeper package that uses up all weapon slots. The squad may or may not unlock repairs but if it does they would be slow repairs like conscript or pgren repairs(1hp per second per model).

Its a lesser evil. Kubel is cheap, have very powerfull vet1 ability and in general can be quite usefull as a support unit and easily replaсable. On the other hand keeping meds on STs meaning that if you go for Mech and lose them along the major part of the game, you would have to spend 300MP which is huge at any point of the game.

My point is, its better to make a small change like this to healing, instead of trying to think whole another way of tech\upgrade healing system.

Speaking of sweeping, I honestly dont like the idea of sweeping volks. Because they are still way too expensive and weak un-upgraded to become sweeping unit imo.

STs sweeping is alright somehow, because at least your combat capability is un-effected. With volks you will be paying 260 MP, for an slightly better engineer squad, which still will be brutalised by anything but other engis units.

16 Oct 2020, 11:12 AM

Without butchering faction too much, I would only say that:

1) Fausts for sure should be unlocked on SWS deploy, while nades should be locked behind set up.

This also will remove some pressure from STpios, aswell wont destoy OKW economy if you lose them.

3) Mech HQ Schwerer HQ should be cheaper, around 30-40 fuel to be set up, while difference in price should go to AA unlock. This will help OKW inf play, with allowing faster obersts. LMG still will be locked behind AA unlock and have corrent timing.

4) Raketen can remain cloak, while moving in clock should be replaced with something different.

Sound ideas. Reducing healing crate munition cost while "locking" it behind kubel is not a bad move.
16 Oct 2020, 11:53 AM

Its a lesser evil. Kubel is cheap, have very powerfull vet1 ability and in general can be quite usefull as a support unit and easily replaсable. On the other hand keeping meds on STs meaning that if you go for Mech and lose them along the major part of the game, you would have to spend 300MP which is huge at any point of the game.

My point is, its better to make a small change like this to healing, instead of trying to think whole another way of tech\upgrade healing system.

Speaking of sweeping, I honestly dont like the idea of sweeping volks. Because they are still way too expensive and weak un-upgraded to become sweeping unit imo.

STs sweeping is alright somehow, because at least your combat capability is un-effected. With volks you will be paying 260 MP, for an slightly better engineer squad, which still will be brutalised by anything but other engis units.

Giving healing away doesn't help sturmpios much as its pretty easy to just drop a crate at base whenever you have to retreat them.

On the other hand, sweeping specifically in 1v1 is one of OKWs biggest weaknesses. Sturmpios have to do so many things that you can't afford to have your sturmpios on mine clearing duty unlike any other engineer squad and one of the main reasons they are overburdened is because of their cost. 8 supply and 300 mp for a squad that has to sweep, repair, build wires/defenses, lay mines and offer direct combat support. Yes combat engineers have to do many of the same things but they only cost 170mp and 5 supply so you can afford to have an extra squad.

If the utility isn't offloaded on existing units the only other solution is make Sturpios weaker and cheaper.
16 Oct 2020, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 11:53 AMSerrith

Giving healing away doesn't help sturmpios much as its pretty easy to just drop a crate at base whenever you have to retreat them.

Reason is not make ST life easier, but to make OKW life better in case if you have lost your STs and in munition preserving and distribution. Right now you are paying 1\2 muni of ost perma healing bunker, just for 3 heals strate of the bat. Getting kubel and having cheaper heals ones you need them, rather then not spending MP while having expensive healing, it better imo.

If the utility isn't offloaded on existing units the only other solution is make Sturpios weaker and cheaper.

I was always proposing 270-280 ST, with 2 ass.grens MP40 and STG upgrade. Starting squad would still start with 4 STGs (so meta and power wont change), while getting additional STs for sweeping\mines\reps, will be more affordable.
16 Oct 2020, 12:12 PM

IMO maybe should rework tech tree same as USF,Luchs and Puma maybe should for different HQ,also reduce T4 cost from 60/60 to 90/30,deploy can build Ober and JP4 and for some commander can build Ostwind and flamepanzer
StormPioneer sweeper not lock out Schreck or flamethrower
Ober default RA to 0.9 and 20% Damage Reduce same as VET3 OST Grenadines

For some commander ability
PF rifle damage to 12 same as Volks
Infrared STG bundle with Volks MP40 be one commander ability
Flamethrower bundle with FlamePanzer be one commander ability
Incendiary ammunition replace by MortarHT
Flak bundle with Ostwind
Tank trap,wire,trench and thorough salvage be one ability
Field defenses bunker can upgrade medic or commander bunker same as Ost
16 Oct 2020, 12:23 PM

Reason is not make ST life easier, but to make OKW life better in case if you have lost your STs and in munition preserving and distribution. Right now you are paying 1\2 muni of ost perma healing bunker, just for 3 heals strate of the bat. Getting kubel and having cheaper heals ones you need them, rather then not spending MP while having expensive healing, it better imo.

I was always proposing 270-280 ST, with 2 ass.grens MP40 and STG upgrade. Starting squad would still start with 4 STGs (so meta and power wont change), while getting additional STs for sweeping\mines\reps, will be more affordable.

You have to compare them to the 5 supply engineers of other factions. Pioneers for example can spot and build cover, but their supply means you can fit more of them into your army. Unless sturmpios supply is reduced down to 6, okw will always be behind in terms of having units to fulfill needed utility roles.
16 Oct 2020, 12:25 PM

On the other hand, sweeping specifically in 1v1 is one of OKWs biggest weaknesses. Sturmpios have to do so many things that you can't afford to have your sturmpios on mine clearing duty unlike any other engineer squad and one of the main reasons they are overburdened is because of their cost. 8 supply and 300 mp for a squad that has to sweep, repair, build wires/defenses, lay mines and offer direct combat support. Yes combat engineers have to do many of the same things but they only cost 170mp and 5 supply so you can afford to have an extra squad.

Sweeping for mines is an issue for OKW.

That is why I suggested that they should have additional option. For instance the UHU could have a MOD where it would stop and get animatron out that would check for mines.

16 Oct 2020, 14:56 PM

On the other hand, sweeping specifically in 1v1 is one of OKWs biggest weaknesses.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 12:25 PMVipper

Sweeping for mines is an issue for OKW.

Honestly, I think this is a good part of the meta balance. And putting sweepers on Volks will just make they even more shitty mainline infantry. Although the Uhu idea seems cool, at the same time it sounds silly to detect for mines with infrared scanners.
16 Oct 2020, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 14:56 PMSpoof

Honestly, I think this is a good part of the meta balance. And putting sweepers on Volks will just make they even more shitty mainline infantry. Although the Uhu idea seems cool, at the same time it sounds silly to detect for mines with infrared scanners.

suggestions is that when activate the ability a number of automated engineers would step out of the vehicle and start sweeping for mine around it.
16 Oct 2020, 16:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 15:03 PMVipper

suggestions is that when activate the ability a number of automated engineers would step out of the vehicle and start sweeping for mine around it.

I really wouldn't want to make it easier for OKW to sweep though. Sometimes you gotta use mines to trap OKW vehicles which are very deadly in the hands of players with good micro.
16 Oct 2020, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 16:10 PMSpoof

I really wouldn't want to make it easier for OKW to sweep though. Sometimes you gotta use mines to trap OKW vehicles which are very deadly in the hands of players with good micro.

Well it might actually convince people to build the uhu because it does not see allot of use.
16 Oct 2020, 16:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 16:17 PMVipper

Well it might actually convince people to build the uhu because it does not see allot of use.

If we agree that Uhu should get a sweeping ability, then it could be like the old Goliath from CoH1. Make "send sweeper squad" an ability, where the Uhu will recon an area before sweepers approach the targeted waypoint, and then return.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★