Login

russian armor

recrewing weapons

10 Oct 2020, 14:29 PM

just about every decrewed MG,ATG, mortars etc. require 3 men to re-crew, this is not a problem for most factions besides OST, with their exclusive 4man squads, how would it be like if the requirement for re-crewing teamweapons for OST, would be 2 men, instead of the usual 3?
10 Oct 2020, 14:53 PM

Ost also gets reinforcement vehicle earliest in the game.
10 Oct 2020, 15:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2020, 14:53 PMKatitof
Ost also gets reinforcement vehicle earliest in the game.

Inb4 all the ambulance comments
10 Oct 2020, 15:55 PM

Its kind of unfortunate design, we should either be able to select how many men to use for recrew or automatically use 2 if a squad only has three men left

Kinda late to code that now though :(
10 Oct 2020, 17:07 PM

In Sander's balance changes vol1 I guess there is a suggestion to do exactly that - a very good idea balancewise. Is it possible? - I'd try to make it default for ost.
10 Oct 2020, 18:14 PM

It's a mixed bag that way though as you are still making it so both squads basicly have to retreat as soon as it's crewed where with 3 models you can generally risk keeping the weapon in the front and just retreat the other squad. Sucks when your squad loses a model and can't recrew anymore but I think it might suck more to always have to retreat.
10 Oct 2020, 19:02 PM

It's a mixed bag that way though as you are still making it so both squads basicly have to retreat as soon as it's crewed where with 3 models you can generally risk keeping the weapon in the front and just retreat the other squad. Sucks when your squad loses a model and can't recrew anymore but I think it might suck more to always have to retreat.

True. It is a mixed bag. Yet, the impossibility to recrew stuff after an engagement seems more of a problem for ost rather that having a team weapon with 2 men. Those 2 men might have more staying power that the original crew tbh.
10 Oct 2020, 20:17 PM

Just something to think about.

All factions except sov start at 75% hp when recrewing. Soviets start at 50% hp on their weapon teams when recrewing.

Soviets do have the easiest time recrewing but with sov team weapons generaly being infirior recrewing is on soviets balanced mostly.
Ost has the toughest time to recrew but has strong if not the strongest team weapons. Its harsh having to retreat immdeatly after recrewing but having ost quality team weapons at 75% hp after recrewing is not a bad trade.
11 Oct 2020, 07:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think overall it would be a buff.
It is just a little too easy to reduce all model numbers to 3 in a firefight before retreating and force a squad trade. I don't think it is possible anymore to make the models that recrew dependent on the remaining squad size, but afaik the recrew size can be set per weapon and faction. So in general reducing it to 2 models should not be a problem.
The only thing I could see is that ATGs might become harder to steal for OST now. They often lose a model under fire, which would then cause and instant abandon again.

All factions except sov start at 75% hp when recrewing. Soviets start at 50% hp on their weapon teams when recrewing.

I am not sure what I should think about that since this is only a consequence of squad size and nothing else.
11 Oct 2020, 18:07 PM

Inb4 all the ambulance comments

Buying an ambulance before teching to LT or CPT is about the stupidest thing you can do.
13 Oct 2020, 12:03 PM

Back in 2017, my early USF strat was 2 Riflemen with an Ambu behind for the front, while Rear capping. It was supper effective against Okw since they never get a Rak (to counter Ambu) when facing USF
20 Oct 2020, 01:22 AM

jwould be 2 men, instead of the usual 3?

so what about ostruppen then?I gues it is ok to man 2 team weapons with cheap 0cp squad
20 Oct 2020, 10:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2020, 01:22 AMFK9DD

so what about ostruppen then?I gues it is ok to man 2 team weapons with cheap 0cp squad

And which team weapon are you supposed to kill during the first step with Osttruppen? Maybe you deserve to lose that weapon in that case...
20 Oct 2020, 12:54 PM

Just something to think about.

Soviets do have the easiest time recrewing but with sov team weapons generaly being infirior recrewing is on soviets balanced mostly.
Ost has the toughest time to recrew but has strong if not the strongest team weapons. Its harsh having to retreat immdeatly after recrewing but having ost quality team weapons at 75% hp after recrewing is not a bad trade.

Indeed. In ost vs Soviet you can keep a 3 men recrew on the field and retreat the lone soldier if you are Ost. As Soviets you have to retreat both squafs because a 3 man crew is just rifle grenade bait (until you get the 7 man upgrade).
20 Oct 2020, 13:49 PM

If you are recrewing it with Grens or Panzer grens the 3 model on the TW will be harder to kill as compared to the TW being recrewed by any other allied starter infantry for e.g IS, Riflemen or Cons. The 3 models of allied factions will have larger Target Size as compared to the 3 models of Axis unit with Panzer gren being the lowest. This was my analysis, I would need someone to confirm this.

Also I don't know how this will help with your issue.
21 Oct 2020, 02:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2020, 13:49 PMSumi
If you are recrewing it with Grens or Panzer grens the 3 model on the TW will be harder to kill as compared to the TW being recrewed by any other allied starter infantry for e.g IS, Riflemen or Cons. The 3 models of allied factions will have larger Target Size as compared to the 3 models of Axis unit with Panzer gren being the lowest. This was my analysis, I would need someone to confirm this.

Also I don't know how this will help with your issue.

Models who crew the weapon team still keep their stats.
So IS still keep their cover bonus. I dont think IS crew weapon team is easy to be dropped. IS model is far superior than Gren.
21 Oct 2020, 06:52 AM

Models who crew the weapon team still keep their stats.

Yes.

So IS still keep their cover bonus.

No.
21 Oct 2020, 08:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2020, 18:07 PMCODGUY

Buying an ambulance before teching to LT or CPT is about the stupidest thing you can do.

this is so wrong in so many ways. Its actually a very good idea to bring a super early ambulance in teamgames. This means: super early reinforce and healing at the front.

on bigger maps its even a little bit too good/ op, since you dont need retreat and lose 2minutes to come back to front.

just..play this game smart.
21 Oct 2020, 08:37 AM

but reds idea should only code for ost. Imagine sov would have the possibility to recrew with only 2 models needed. This would mean a 7 men cons can recrew 3 team weapons.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★