Login

russian armor

Bug reporting - 64 Bit Beta

• This thread is locked
25 Sep 2020, 05:41 AM

Had a weird bug begin to occur when alt tabbing while in CoH 2. So I downloaded the 64 bit beta on Steam played a few games on it to test performance and then uninstalled to go back to the regular 32 bit Steam so I could play automatch and when I alt tab now, half of my screen goes black usually the right side and I have to restart my PC to fix it completely because its stay's there even if I quit out and go back to the desktop. P.S Guards Rifle Infantry are 9 pop-cap when the in-game UI says 8 instead. (in all versions)

Update: It was actually a loose connection in my monitor I believe and unplugging and re-plugging in power fixed the issue.
25 Sep 2020, 06:22 AM

2 bugs to report:

Conscript Assault Package has some interesting side-effects if you merge a Conscript squad fully into another squad, any squad. That squad inherits the PPSh's, for most units that means gaining 3 PPSh's, this isn't a big deal as it is extremely inefficient, requiring you to waste a squad for it. The strongest legitimate thing you can do is merge PPSh Conscripts together to get 6 PPSh's in a squad, but at that point you've sacrificed a 480 manpower and 120 munitions for Soviet Assault Grens/inferior Shock Troops.

But things get weird if you do this to Weapon Crews. With a ZiS-3 AT Gun, the crew gained 1 PPSh. With a Mortar, the crew gained nothing, but the squad still displayed the PPSh icon. With a Maxim, the squad gained 1 PPSh and the gunner was broken rendering the weapon useless. Also, because AT/Mortar/MG Crewmen were never meant to use PPSh's, if they end up holding one, the PPSh is invisible but still appears to fire, I did not manage to capture this in any screenshots.

But the ML-20 had the funniest result, the gunner and loader gained PPSh's and their firing animation was replaced with them firing PPSh's, and their loading animation was replaced with them reloading the PPSh's (while the ML-20 fired and reloaded itself); the third PPSh was held by a crewman. Unfortunately this one I actually forgot to take a picture of, and I don't have the time to go do it now.

Edit: SVT Conscripts seem to have identical problems as above.

The second bug is just a map bug. On Nexus, the #4 Flak position on the right side as OKW (pictured below) is broken. It does not fire at anything. I took the picture too late, it was supposed to show my stolen Flak shooting the broken Flak, but Sturmpioneers decrewed it too fast.

25 Sep 2020, 08:21 AM

Also another minor bug I found, Conscripts merged into Assault Guards have invisible Thompsons. Conscript and Elite Conscript model need to be updated for Thompson animations.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2020, 08:10 AMZeuskl
Ostheer Stormtrooper MP-40 upgrade does not give them MP-40s. Tactical assault ability is unlocked and they have MP-40 icon, but they still use Kar-98s.

Can confirm this is also an issue with Guard's Airborne PPSh sidegrade. The Guard's Airborne receive their abilities and can use them, as well as the PPSh icon, but they do not actually get any PPSh's.
25 Sep 2020, 11:49 AM
Director of Social Media Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2020, 19:58 PMZeuskl
Game does not launch on 240 Hz monitor. I see the Company of Heroes 2 splash screen, but the main menu graphics do not load. I can hear the Sega voice line, menu music, and my cursor selecting things in the main menu, but the splash screen does not go away. Alt tabbing will cause the splash screen to become a black screen, but still no main menu. After setting monitor refresh rate to 120 Hz the game launches fine.

This bug also exists in the 32-bit client, but I hope Relic can still look into this.

I don't know if you did that but you can add a game launch option to force 120Hz.

Meanwhile the bug fix :
Open Steam -> "Library" -> Right click on CoH 2 -> "Properties" -> Tab "General" -> "Set launch options" -> Add "-refresh 120"
25 Sep 2020, 14:45 PM

I don't know if you did that but you can add a game launch option to force 120Hz.

Meanwhile the bug fix :
Open Steam -> "Library" -> Right click on CoH 2 -> "Properties" -> Tab "General" -> "Set launch options" -> Add "-refresh 120"

I've already tried that, and it doesn't work. Same for "-refresh 60". I understand it works for some though.
25 Sep 2020, 19:53 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2020, 14:45 PMZeuskl

I've already tried that, and it doesn't work. Same for "-refresh 60". I understand it works for some though.

Ok, thanks, good to know it doesn't work for everyone.
26 Sep 2020, 03:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2020, 05:41 AMClarity
Had a weird bug begin to occur when alt tabbing while in CoH 2. So I downloaded the 64 bit beta on Steam played a few games on it to test performance and then uninstalled to go back to the regular 32 bit Steam so I could play automatch and when I alt tab now, half of my screen goes black usually the right side and I have to restart my PC to fix it completely because its stay's there even if I quit out and go back to the desktop. P.S Guards Rifle Infantry are 9 pop-cap when the in-game UI says 8 instead. (in all versions)

Update: It was actually a loose connection in my monitor I believe and unplugging and re-plugging in power fixed the issue.

Well I figured out how to fix it for other games but I don't know how to prevent it from happening with CoH 2 still. If I unplug my monitor and plug it back in it fixes it but I have to that everytime I alt tab to look at Mako CELO or change music on Spotify. Will try and either download the 64-bit beta on Steam or download the game on Microsoft Store since I have the PC Game Pass and see if the problem still occurs or not. Will probably edit this post tomorrow.

Edit: Having 64-bit didn't fix the problem so I am kind of back to square one again. FeelsBadMan
26 Sep 2020, 10:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2020, 03:15 AMClarity

Well I figured out how to fix it for other games but I don't know how to prevent it from happening with CoH 2 still. If I unplug my monitor and plug it back in it fixes it but I have to that everytime I alt tab to look at Mako CELO or change music on Spotify. Will try and either download the 64-bit beta on Steam or download the game on Microsoft Store since I have the PC Game Pass and see if the problem still occurs or not. Will probably edit this post tomorrow.

Edit: Having 64-bit didn't fix the problem so I am kind of back to square one again. FeelsBadMan

Well I think it was the newest Nvidia driver update that caused this bug to occur, it would only occur with CoH 2 but turning off free-sync on my monitor seemed to fix it. Hopefully it stays like this.....
26 Sep 2020, 13:22 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

There appears to be a game crashing bug in the ToW 1941 challenge "Blitzkrieg". Capturing abandoned Soviet vehicles crashes the game at some point. My best attempt before giving up was 9/10 vehicles captured, where the 9th vehicle crashed the game. I submitted 3 bugsplat reports under the nickname "Janne252".
26 Sep 2020, 20:49 PM

2 bugs regarding the Commissar's Nagant M1895 revolver.

The first is that the DPS curve is not in-line with other pistols. It has the DPS profile of a gun crew weapon, and it is actually inferior to the gun crew variants of the MP 40, Lee Enfield, and M1 Garand. Compared to a proper pistol (USF/UKF M1911 used by Medic Squads) on the graph below, it deals 1/3 the damage. It is also the only weapon to not have 35 range or higher, having 25 instead; even gun crew weapons have 35 range despite being having utterly non-existent DPS at such ranges.

The second bug is the texture sheet is not being applied correctly or it is using the wrong one.

27 Sep 2020, 17:32 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Switching the map in a Theatre of War lobby does not work after finishing a game.
7 Oct 2020, 00:19 AM

When using the Beta, the World Builder software is gone. So i have to opt out of it to get the World Builder back
7 Oct 2020, 09:41 AM

2 bugs regarding the Commissar's Nagant M1895 revolver.

There's also no accuracy bonus at veterancy 2 for the commissar squad in the attribute editor, unlike what the unit description in-game and the veterancy guide suggest. At least I couldn't find it and Miragefla neither when I told him.
9 Oct 2020, 07:45 AM

Achievments Bug:

Went on a skirmish 2v2 game on the BETA and related achievments got all reseted on Steam:

You can see the relevant achievments went back to 1/x
13 Oct 2020, 08:02 AM

Any news about the achievments bug? Would love to try out the 64-bit client more, but not when it's resetting my hard-earned achievments, that's not fun.
13 Oct 2020, 08:46 AM

Any news about the achievments bug? Would love to try out the 64-bit client more, but not when it's resetting my hard-earned achievments, that's not fun.

Some achievements can no longer be obtained by normal means as the corresponding units were removed (like the irregulars and weapon specific partisans), tho with some mods (such as all units mods) you can still obtain them.
But even then there are some achivements that are impossible to get, like the hidden valentine day event achievement as Relic will probably no longer enable that event.
In other words I would say don't sweat trying to get them as the system is broken and cannot be 100%-ed.
13 Oct 2020, 11:32 AM

I think you're missing the point here.
I have all those achievments you mentioned. (415/452)

I'm not complaining about achievments, im reporting a bug related to the fact the achievments get reseted on the 64-bit client.
Maybe for you that is ok, but i'm pratically just missing the ones on the image and a few more.
But just because you dont care, doesn't mean other people have to be the same way and enjoy the game the same that you do.
18 Oct 2020, 23:08 PM

Andy, can this chinese font be embeded with Definefonts3 number : 95, 184, 328, 466 and 1987 in your coh2ui.gfx?(packed in UIHigh.sga)
So that we can have chinese localization in your 64bit game.
Relic no need to do the localisation text file, we can do it our own.
Btw, the font i suggested is from Alibaba, it is royalty free and can be used for commercial purpose.
https://www.alizila.com/alibaba-debuts-free-font-alibaba-sans/

thank you.

Chinese Font:
https://gofile.io/d/FykeZG

1 Nov 2020, 19:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2020, 19:58 PMZeuskl
Game does not launch on 240 Hz monitor. I see the Company of Heroes 2 splash screen, but the main menu graphics do not load. I can hear the Sega voice line, menu music, and my cursor selecting things in the main menu, but the splash screen does not go away. Alt tabbing will cause the splash screen to become a black screen, but still no main menu. After setting monitor refresh rate to 120 Hz the game launches fine.

This bug also exists in the 32-bit client, but I hope Relic can still look into this.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2020, 19:24 PMAndy_RE
Thanks for the report Zeuskl, I've passed this on to tech.

Also thanks SneakEye. They are aware of this/ know there's work to do, but have forwarded in case it's informative for them.

Zeuskl, Andy_RE, hello.

I ask you not to keep the solution to this problem as a secret. It is very annoying in the era of 240Hz monitors.

1 Nov 2020, 21:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2020, 19:18 PMds205

Zeuskl, Andy_RE, hello.

I ask you not to keep the solution to this problem as a secret. It is very annoying in the era of 240Hz monitors.

I have not heard anything about a fix other than setting the monitor refresh to 120 Hz which I mentioned in my original post. I'll be sure to post here if I hear something.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS