Login

russian armor

Units always outranged by opponent?

25 Aug 2020, 14:27 PM

My units seem to always require closer distance to engage enemy units, I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

An example would be I have a riflemen squad and the enemy has a volks squad, the volks will be able to engage my units and shoot at them but my riflemen just sit and do nothing and take damage, when I click on them to engage, they will have to move out of cover and approach the volks squad (by about an inch on my monitor).

This happens constantly over all sorts of terrain, units (IE my tommies will not engage grens that are shooting them and need to move closer when told to engage) and maps so I don't think it's from them 'not seeing the enemy' through shot blockers or something like that.
25 Aug 2020, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2020, 14:27 PMReverb
My units seem to always require closer distance to engage enemy units, I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

An example would be I have a riflemen squad and the enemy has a volks squad, the volks will be able to engage my units and shoot at them but my riflemen just sit and do nothing and take damage, when I click on them to engage, they will have to move out of cover and approach the volks squad (by about an inch on my monitor).

This happens constantly over all sorts of terrain, units (IE my tommies will not engage grens that are shooting them and need to move closer when told to engage) and maps so I don't think it's from them 'not seeing the enemy' through shot blockers or something like that.

The easiest way to find out, what your problem is, would be replay posted with timestamps, where the problem occurs.
25 Aug 2020, 17:55 PM

Go for a sniper-only-build,because your mainline is probably a bit short sighted?
25 Aug 2020, 18:14 PM

This depends on the position of cover and model spread.

Example:
- Squad in the open might have only 1-2 models firing at max range.
- Squad in slanted cover might have only half the squad firing at max range.
25 Aug 2020, 18:24 PM

My ATGs sometimes don't fire until I manually click on the vehicle. Visually the vehicle is in the cone but ATG crew starts to reposition. inb4 no shot/sight blockers in the way.
25 Aug 2020, 18:28 PM

All infantry units (with one exception due to developer oversight) have 35 range, the only thing I could think of is that maybe there is a vision blocker and his squad can see one of your guys but the rest of them cannot see the enemy and have to reposition to find them.

The only infantry squad in the entire game to have a range other than 35 is the Soviet Commissar with a range of 25 and DPS of a weapon crew, due to the developers assigning him a weapon from Single Player.
25 Aug 2020, 19:32 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I've had this happen multiple times before. Pretty sure it's a bug. If you select your squad to attack the enemy squad they'll either begin firing without moving, or attempt to move to get all models to fire. Has to do with squads being on the very end of their range and probably not all models are within 35. If they move from cover just place them back in it, it usually works to fix that for me.
26 Aug 2020, 01:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2020, 18:24 PMHater
My ATGs sometimes don't fire until I manually click on the vehicle. Visually the vehicle is in the cone but ATG crew starts to reposition. inb4 no shot/sight blockers in the way.

I see this all the time also. And with other units like Tanks that just sit there until you tell them to target something, then they never move but rotate and start shooting.

My units also seem to be out ranged frequently. Not sure why. Since I usually have weird lag issues I just assume it is that. But as someone said, watch the replay and see what really happened. Maybe you are by a point the enemy owns so they have more vision etc???

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
unknown 25
Germany 16
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %