Login

russian armor

So i've reported a guy...

12 Aug 2020, 20:18 PM

I recently reported a guy being 'promised' he would actually see a ban.
Turns out, the trouble was for nothing.
The guy is still playing and still being a prick.

Luckly i was his opponent this time and i could take my sweet time to destroy HIS base now.

Kinda dissapointed he hasn't received any bans.
You might aswel delete the 'how to report' thing.
12 Aug 2020, 20:53 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I assume you reported it via the enforcement email yes? Had to report someone last night and I hope it is followed up on.
12 Aug 2020, 21:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2020, 20:18 PMYRon²y
I recently reported a guy being 'promised' he would actually see a ban.
Turns out, the trouble was for nothing.
The guy is still playing and still being a prick.

Luckly i was his opponent this time and i could take my sweet time to destroy HIS base now.

Kinda dissapointed he hasn't received any bans.
You might aswel delete the 'how to report' thing.

you do know timebans exist? Means not every ban is a permaban.

Also, it takes some time until someone gets banned after a report
13 Aug 2020, 06:49 AM

Bans are handed out.
They might take some days though.
I took my time to check for a hackers stats to see he got permabanned by my report.
13 Aug 2020, 10:30 AM

Well if you ask me reporting is pretty useless it does not do shit. I also had reported a player who abused calliope went afk when a panther pushed. I had sent a report to enforcement, sturmpanther, nothing happened I got no response back and hence I decided I would do the same to others since being a good guy doesn't mean much if the bad guys aren't reprimanded for their actions.
13 Aug 2020, 10:43 AM

Wouldn't it be nice to know when someone gets banned?

I reported this guy on the beginning of this month...
That means, IF they take a couple days before they ban someoene and if someone gets banned for the 2 weeks, this guy shouldn't be playing right now. What makes me think he hasn't had any bans at all after 2 weeks.

And if there is any way of checking if someone received a ban, i would love to know.

13 Aug 2020, 10:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2020, 10:30 AMSumi
Well if you ask me reporting is pretty useless it does not do shit. I also had reported a player who abused calliope went afk when a panther pushed. I had sent a report to enforcement, sturmpanther, nothing happened I got no response back and hence I decided I would do the same to others since being a good guy doesn't mean much if the bad guys aren't reprimanded for their actions.

So because he played an abusive unit according to you and went afk after that panther push.

How is that a reportable offense? Its not.
Its good that they dont respond to such non issues.
No swearing, no slurs, no threats of any kind by that player? If not then you cant report some1 based on a rage moment of yourself.

He could have had to help with stuff in the house, its possible that he has a familily of his own. God i know how it goes. Almost every time i play coh2 online my wife or childeren have a fit or some mess that demand my immidiate attention according to them.
13 Aug 2020, 12:11 PM

So because he played an abusive unit according to you and went afk after that panther push.

How is that a reportable offense? Its not.
Its good that they dont respond to such non issues.
No swearing, no slurs, no threats of any kind by that player? If not then you cant report some1 based on a rage moment of yourself.

He could have had to help with stuff in the house, its possible that he has a familily of his own. God i know how it goes. Almost every time i play coh2 online my wife or childeren have a fit or some mess that demand my immidiate attention according to them.

Good of you to think in the right way for the offender and I agree this would be the case. I also forgot to mention that he did come on later and moved two of his unit I guess he brought in a new calliope after he came back from the Afk stint and hence my reaction.

Also I do have a good sense of perception and can differentiate between good players and bad players within the first minute of the game adding to this I consider myself to be an average player and not good. He was spamming Calliope while the guy on his side had 2-3 panthers which we both knew, the panthers pushed and killed his calliopes he had 1 At gun and no other AT units. Just as all his calliope died he went AFK.

But thanks for justifying that wasting a players time, effort and dedication, streak(if you had some, I lost +6 of mine :D) is not an offense and will never be considered for a ban. I can now freely go and have a coffee upon losing my first tank knowing that winning will be hard with a bad teammate and waste all the player's time on the server be it 3,5,7 players.
13 Aug 2020, 12:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2020, 12:11 PMSumi

Good of you to think in the right way for the offender and I agree this would be the case. I also forgot to mention that he did come on later and moved two of his unit I guess he brought in a new calliope after he came back from the Afk stint and hence my reaction.

Also I do have a good sense of perception and can differentiate between good players and bad players within the first minute of the game adding to this I consider myself to be an average player and not good. He was spamming Calliope while the guy on his side had 2-3 panthers which we both knew, the panthers pushed and killed his calliopes he had 1 At gun and no other AT units. Just as all his calliope died he went AFK.

But thanks for justifying that wasting a players time, effort and dedication, streak(if you had some, I lost +6 of mine :D) is not an offense and will never be considered for a ban. I can now freely go and have a coffee upon losing my first tank knowing that winning will be hard with a bad teammate and waste all the player's time on the server be it 3,5,7 players.

Still being bad or wasting a team mates time is not a reportable offense. And calling him a offender how entitled of you.

If you dont want to have bad people on your team go play 1v1, or make a premade team. There fixed and 1 less non issue for nonsense reporting. :)
13 Aug 2020, 13:58 PM

Still being bad or wasting a team mates time is not a reportable offense. And calling him a offender how entitled of you.

If you dont want to have bad people on your team go play 1v1, or make a premade team. There fixed and 1 less non issue for nonsense reporting. :)

Are you on the admin panel to decide what makes an offense report able or not? You call this a non report able OFFENSE yet you criticize my use of the word offender?

Here I made it easy for you:
offender: /əˈfɛndə/ a person or thing that does something wrong or causes problems.

If you think playing 1v1 will solve the problem are you the one who is gonna refund me the money back for my game? Because I especially play team games from 2v2 to 3v3 and have top 200 ranks in USF and Soviet. If your narrow brain can only come up with 1v1 as a solution for a bad teammate I suggest you keep off this thread. I understand people like you who don't have a shred of respect for your own time or your fellow teammates time but this gives you no right to judge an offense that happened with someone else.

Again, this is not your thread but a common discussion post on the forum don't push your own entitled opinion on others. Regards!
MMX
13 Aug 2020, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2020, 13:58 PMSumi

Are you on the admin panel to decide what makes an offense report able or not? You call this a non report able OFFENSE yet you criticize my use of the word offender?

offender: /əˈfɛndə/ a person or thing that does something wrong or causes problems.

If you think playing 1v1 will solve the problem are you the one who is gonna refund me the money back for my game? Because I especially play team games from 2v2 to 3v3 and have top 200 ranks in USF and Soviet. If your narrow brain can only come up with 1v1 as a solution for a bad teammate I suggest you keep off this thread. I understand people like you who don't have a shred of respect for your own time or your fellow teammates time but this gives you no right to judge an offense that happened with someone else.

Again, this is not your thread but a common discussion post on the forum don't push your own entitled opinion on others. Regards!

well he's right tho. the event you've described may be annoying for sure but is by no means a bannable offense. and the suggestion to switch to a more competitive / less casual game mode, such as either 1v1 or arranged team, is actually the soundest advice you could possibly get as it would completely eliminate scenarios such as the one you've been complaining about. but maybe the problem lies somewhere else instead, considering the tone of your response kind of speaks volumes for itself...
13 Aug 2020, 14:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Come off of the high horse, there is no reason to go for personal attacks.

If the player in your match went afk on purpose or for prolonged times, that is/might be a bannable offense. The rest is not. Read the official guidelines instead of citing some dictionary definition for something that is actually not relevant for the discussion.

If you want to play competitively, play the competitive modes. But don't go for casual games and then wonder afterwards why you play with casual players.
13 Aug 2020, 15:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2020, 14:39 PMMMX

well he's right tho. the event you've described may be annoying for sure but is by no means a bannable offense. and the suggestion to switch to a more competitive / less casual game mode, such as either 1v1 or arranged team, is actually the soundest advice you could possibly get as it would completely eliminate scenarios such as the one you've been complaining about. but maybe the problem lies somewhere else instead, considering the tone of your response kind of speaks volumes for itself...

No one asked for a permanent ban on that guy but shouldn't there be any penalties for doing that? Do you guys believe that the action of intentionally throwing a match should go unintended ? It is mind blowing how low the bar is set for action against the disruption of gameplay. For your reference, in CSGO competitive matchmaking being AFK for a minute or two gets you automatically kicked from the game and subsequently a ban for appropriate hours. This is a game where 1 person can solo the whole team of 5 which happens frequently in that game. Now compare that to COH where a person can literally destroy the whole game experience for 3,5,7 players yet go unharmed and might repeat the same.

Please kindly consider your tone before attacking me personally. I didn't force the opinion of getting the guy banned, any reprimand should be done and this act happens in every other game, dropping at the start of the game is still less worse since not much time is wasted but going afk in the midst of an already won game? GG yeah sure the problem is mine, I should handle and not burden you guys with the same.
13 Aug 2020, 15:12 PM

Come off of the high horse, there is no reason to go for personal attacks.

Read the official guidelines instead of citing some dictionary definition for something that is actually not relevant for the discussion.

If you want to play competitively, play the competitive modes. But don't go for casual games and then wonder afterwards why you play with casual players.

Is the concept of fighting fire with fire foreign to you? He replied to me and went for being a judgemental guy and voiced his opinion on my definition of offense. And he also called my reporting nonsensical which you just stated 'might be a bannable offense' but I don't know how you didn't find that personal yet my reply in the same tone was.

If the player in your match went afk on purpose or for prolonged times, that is/might be a bannable offense. The rest is not.

That is exactly what I am asking for! This problem is much prevalent in COH2 multiplayer in any game modes from 1v1 to 4v4 spoiling the fun of 1 player to a max of 7 players a penalty should be in effect. CSGO does give a logical penalty for being AFK regardless of the reason the AFK criteria for CSGO is a max of 2 mins being AFK in that game. We can opt or even hope for such rules and punishment for disrupting the gameplay of the players who paid for this.
13 Aug 2020, 15:29 PM

Before speaking about CSGO consider how many ppl working on, consider how much money it gives to developers, compare player base numbers and understand that you are wrong.

I get your frustration, but you should understand that CoH2 is alive not because of the developers but because of the community.

There was 1 Relic community manager who was probably doing all the job or at least begging others in relic to give him 5 or 10 mins free time to upload the patch. Even he is gone now.
13 Aug 2020, 15:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2020, 15:12 PMSumi

Is the concept of fighting fire with fire foreign to you? He replied to me and went for being a judgemental guy and voiced his opinion on my definition of offense. And he also called my reporting nonsensical which you just stated 'might be a bannable offense' but I don't know how you didn't find that personal yet my reply in the same tone was.

The only thing he did was calling you "entitled" after you low-level trolled him (both was fine). For the rest you apparently do not differentiate between your argument being criticized or you personally being criticized.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2020, 15:12 PMSumi

That is exactly what I am asking for! This problem is much prevalent in COH2 multiplayer in any game modes from 1v1 to 4v4 spoiling the fun of 1 player to a max of 7 players a penalty should be in effect. CSGO does give a logical penalty for being AFK regardless of the reason the AFK criteria for CSGO is a max of 2 mins being AFK in that game. We can opt or even hope for such rules and punishment for disrupting the gameplay of the players who paid for this.

There is more to it than just being afk for a minute. There should be a way of seeing some bad spirit in the afk. The fact though that he returned later is a decent sign that there was something urgent to take care of.
CoH2 is not CSGO, and one round (not a match) of CSGO lasts a couple of minutes afaik. Being afk for 2 min is way more impactful. But I don't want to argue about CSGO. We have to accept the fact that CoH2 is now a couple of years old and does not have the player base that it is worth keeping up a huge amount of support and feedback mechanisms for. Of course there will be wrong decisions by the people handing out bans. But there is a high chance your game was reviewed and it was not deemed worthy of a ban.

But judging from what you wrote, you're pissed off about him building Calliopes and being hard countered by his opponent without your team mate properly responding to this. This guy might just be a bad player, that's not bannable.
Next match you end up with Helping Hans and similars and suddenly you are the weak link in the game. Now add some slight bad luck and the postman delivers a package to your door that very moment, you're afk for a min and bam there's your ban. Is this really what you want to argue for?
13 Aug 2020, 18:12 PM

I dont need to add anything. The others put it down pretty crearly.

Have a nice day sir.
13 Aug 2020, 19:51 PM

Dude, last 3 games I had 2 quitters on my team in first 10 minutes and one on enemy team in 20 minutes. All 3 flaming on all chat and quitting. Nothing new and nothing you can do about it. Until they destroy base or do something, just accept the fact that there are kids and adults with child-like brains, and move on.
14 Aug 2020, 05:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2020, 10:43 AMYRon²y
Wouldn't it be nice to know when someone gets banned?

And if there is any way of checking if someone received a ban, i would love to know.

What I did was save his Nickname and look that up in the leaderboard. In my case it was someone with hundrets of games. Suddenly he stopped playing (two months now) so i can atleast assume he was banned.
14 Aug 2020, 06:23 AM

The only thing he did was calling you "entitled" after you low-level trolled him (both was fine). For the rest you apparently do not differentiate between your argument being criticized or you personally being criticized.

There is more to it than just being afk for a minute. There should be a way of seeing some bad spirit in the afk. The fact though that he returned later is a decent sign that there was something urgent to take care of.
CoH2 is not CSGO, and one round (not a match) of CSGO lasts a couple of minutes afaik. Being afk for 2 min is way more impactful. But I don't want to argue about CSGO. We have to accept the fact that CoH2 is now a couple of years old and does not have the player base that it is worth keeping up a huge amount of support and feedback mechanisms for. Of course there will be wrong decisions by the people handing out bans. But there is a high chance your game was reviewed and it was not deemed worthy of a ban.

But judging from what you wrote, you're pissed off about him building Calliopes and being hard countered by his opponent without your team mate properly responding to this. This guy might just be a bad player, that's not bannable.
Next match you end up with Helping Hans and similars and suddenly you are the weak link in the game. Now add some slight bad luck and the postman delivers a package to your door that very moment, you're afk for a min and bam there's your ban. Is this really what you want to argue for?

This is dragging on for far too long with people pre consumed of the notion that AFK should not be punished, well looks like we will be digging our own grave this time.

In regards to CSGO 1 player being AFK is not much impactful 4v5 can be done, I have done it quite some time. Going afk even for a minute will hurt badly in coh2 since you will lose vet units which can't be recovered. I agree COH 2 is many years old, almost dead if not for 2-3k players and community, might never see the irritation of players dropping and going AFK being fixed but again I did share the replay, an essay on what happened and the players details which took about 30 mins approx. if it was not deemed worthy they could have responded the same? I am atleast entitled to a response from them whether the offense was bannable or not or the aftermath of their judgement.

Judging from what you wrote about what you understood from my brief clause about the incident, you believe that I want to report the guy for being a noob? We were on talking terms since the start of the match and I was fairly playing better against my side opponent that I was even able to help my teammate with his. I told him not to make more than 1 calliope but a tank, plant mines, etc. he didn't do shit. In came the panther rush which we both knew would happened since I had counted 3 panthers on his side already and I had warned him too but he still had 3 calliope with none of them vet afaik. All 3 of his calliopes died, he retreated all of his units to base and went afk while I was struggling 2v1 but I had good vets on my jacckson and infantry to handle the 2v1 for some time while he was in the base afk. I lost both my tanks to panther flank retreated my units to the base had some ranting on the global chat tried surrendering multiple times gave up hope sat at my screen full of anger for 2 minutes and boom another calliope! Still no confirmation from his side if there was any emergency and I don't remember the rest!

Ez
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak