Login

russian armor

The Commissar's Pistol

8 Jul 2020, 21:31 PM

The Commissar's pistol is one of the weakest weapons in the game, on-par with crew weapons. This is probably because it was previously a seldom-used single-player weapon, and existed as such in release-era CoH2 stasis until the Commissar Squad was added to Multiplayer. The pistol's stats should be updated to reflect modern pistols like the M1911 and Luger. To show what I mean, the graph below is the Nagant compared to an M1911.

8 Jul 2020, 21:56 PM

And how does it compare to ost officer, usf major or okw sturmofficer pistols?
8 Jul 2020, 21:58 PM

Not problem,but maybe could remove all commander special weapon and give them squad special upgrade?
8 Jul 2020, 22:07 PM

The Commissar's pistol is one of the weakest weapons in the game, on-par with crew weapons. This is probably because it was previously a seldom-used single-player weapon, and existed as such in release-era CoH2 stasis until the Commissar Squad was added to Multiplayer. The pistol's stats should be updated to reflect modern pistols like the M1911 and Luger. To show what I mean, the graph below is the Nagant compared to an M1911.

Are you sure you are looking at the right stats? because the weapon you have has a range of 25.
8 Jul 2020, 22:39 PM

It’s called asymmetrical balancing.
8 Jul 2020, 23:22 PM

And how does it compare to ost officer, usf major or okw sturmofficer pistols?

Ost Officer and OKW Officer use the same pistol, compared to the 1911 on that chart, it has higher damage at 5 meters and lower damage everywhere else. I can get images after my shower, or you can find them here.

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2020, 22:07 PMVipper

Are you sure you are looking at the right stats? because the weapon you have has a range of 25.

From the linked website, go to Soviet > Commissar Command Squad > nagant_m1895_revolver_mp. I trust the site was using the right weapon, I don't have the developer tools downloaded to personally check.
9 Jul 2020, 15:23 PM

Aww man. I asked them to raise the damage when the Commissar was first added, but it makes sense that more stats are wrong.

I think the Luger should also be adjusted, since its DPS drops sharply with range compared to the 1911.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 100
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment