russian armor

Delete the Schwerer gun from the game

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
2 Jul 2020, 17:25 PM

Stormjäger trolling you guys.

9/10 one of the better trolls in recent weeks IMO
2 Jul 2020, 19:48 PM

What would happen if you just took away it’s suppression?
2 Jul 2020, 19:59 PM

What would happen if you just took away it’s suppression?

They'd also need to nerf its damage. Vs a clumped squad I've seen it 1HKO a full health 6man cons squad.

Actually I've an even better idea, nerf its gun range down to 35 range. That solves all issues with covering huge areas.
2 Jul 2020, 20:36 PM

I think vastly reducing it's damage and giving it strong suppression would be a reasonable change at this stage in the game's life. Wholesale changes to OKW's T4 aren't going to happen so its about being realistic.

Stormjager is correct in that the T4 can just delete squads if they are clumped which shouldn't really be happening. I think suppression still gives it its map control boost rightly or wrongly but means there isn't going to be the insane damage being dished out by it.

The issue then is that it maybe couldn't fend off light vehicles but it ate least allows discussion around it's balance.
2 Jul 2020, 20:42 PM

snip

Boro what do you think of reducing its range to like 35-40m to prevent mass zoning out?
2 Jul 2020, 21:15 PM

Boro what do you think of reducing its range to like 35-40m to prevent mass zoning out?

I'd probably need to see the difference on a map because I'm not super familiar with the ranges.

I don't think a range reduction would be too big a nerf though.
3 Jul 2020, 00:01 AM

Stormjäger trolling you guys.

9/10 one of the better trolls in recent weeks IMO

Was really hoping that wasn't the case *sigh*
3 Jul 2020, 00:04 AM

Was really hoping that wasn't the case *sigh*

Wot

If I was trolling I wouldn't be sounding genuinely enraged.

This is not a troll thread. Blvckdream probably salty about UP okw.
3 Jul 2020, 02:56 AM

Give it the Ostwind’s gun stats instead?
3 Jul 2020, 07:10 AM

Its always been crap design if nothing else it delays the game long enough before you can take it out they are already steam rolling, and they can build another one not like its sudden death. With fwd retreat truck right behind it. Guarantee to not be harrassed think of british fwd retreat or usf lmao wouldnt it be great if you had an auto cannon to make sure they cant harrass
3 Jul 2020, 07:34 AM

You telling me brit simcity was never a problem?

Oh no, not at all. But if you make a topic about emplacements being OP you got told to "l2p" and use indirect fire on them.

"Delete the gun from the Schwerer" would be an equal topic to "Delete bofors from the game", which is imo a bad approach of a problem.

Removing the gun from the building would be more than just a minor nerf, and it would look silly.
3 Jul 2020, 08:00 AM

Wot

If I was trolling I wouldn't be sounding genuinely enraged.

This is not a troll thread. Blvckdream probably salty about UP okw.

This is a serious thread?

OK so if the OKW T4 is so oppressive and OP why is it never used like that in any decent 1v1? I can't remember ever watching a high level 1v1 where the player went for an aggressive T4 placement.

I am not even going to talk about 2v2 and up because there it's super vulnerable and dies super easily to either off-maps, AT-guns or tanks. Again can't remember a single UTT2 game where the OKW T4 was used aggressively.

So maybe, just maybe, it's fine?

If you want to remove faction specific tech perks then you can't just take one faction's stuff away and keep the rest.
3 Jul 2020, 08:15 AM

To be honest i get used to how it works
3 Jul 2020, 08:34 AM

OK so if the OKW T4 is so oppressive and OP why is it never used like that in any decent 1v1? I can't remember ever watching a high level 1v1 where the player went for an aggressive T4 placement.

I've seen plenty of high level 1v1 and especially 2v2 games with (overly) aggressive placement and it always gets punished by good players. I really don't see the problem. It's risk versus reward and all the Allies have plenty of tools to kill Schwerers. If some 1v1 maps have too many resource points within the range of a single Schwerer then that is a map problem, not a gameplay problem.

One can not seriously believe Relic would allow (or that the balance team would consider in the first place) something as extreme as to remove a unique faction mechanic just to make a handful of 1v1 maps play better in a handful of matchups.
3 Jul 2020, 08:40 AM

This is a serious thread?

Perhaps if you actually READ OP, you would realize its not about aggressive placement, but about extremely SAFE placement that removes any kind of danger from your cutoff and puts close to no/extremely small danger on schwerer itself.
3 Jul 2020, 08:43 AM

I would just tone down the lethality but keep suppression to stop infantry to willy nilly chuck all kinds of shit on it. I reckon range could go down a tab too. At lease one of the two (lethality preferred).
3 Jul 2020, 09:16 AM

3 Jul 2020, 09:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2020, 09:16 AMZyswen
lel

;)
3 Jul 2020, 09:25 AM

I've seen plenty of high level 1v1 and especially 2v2 games with (overly) aggressive placement and it always gets punished by good players. I really don't see the problem.

There’s nothing aggressive about putting the Schwerer just outside your base entrance to cover both a fuel and a cutoff.
3 Jul 2020, 09:56 AM

a bofors is harder to kill than a schwerer...and it cost only 1/4 fuel from the schwerer...and can brace...and can go into artillery mode...and can use groundattack...and you can chose the target (noo..dont shot the t34...shot the penal!)
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
New Zealand 19
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %