Login

russian armor

The new soviet commander

26 Jun 2020, 20:51 PM

Maybe, maybe. You shouldn´t be able to give your fellow teamplayer svts to his conscript through the new commander.

It feels kinda dumb, that you can go any commander while having all your conscripts with svts at 0 cp?

Balance team?
26 Jun 2020, 20:57 PM

Are you aware of special weapons regiment of british forces?
26 Jun 2020, 21:33 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Updated SVT weapons crate to grant 60 munitions when picked up by allied players

April 22nd, 2020

So this should not be possible. Are you certain it was given to an allied player?
27 Jun 2020, 08:11 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

April 22nd, 2020

So this should not be possible. Are you certain it was given to an allied player?

It gives 60 munitions for Allies (British and American forces). For other soviet players, it gives SVT-40 or PPSh-41 depends on unit.

You described the change, brought in line cost of the ability (60 munitions) and received munitions from the crate (was 45 instead of 60)
27 Jun 2020, 08:34 AM

It's called teamwork

Ostheer can paradrop paks for OKW etc
27 Jun 2020, 16:00 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

It gives 60 munitions for Allies (British and American forces). For other soviet players, it gives SVT-40 or PPSh-41 depends on unit.

You described the change, brought in line cost of the ability (60 munitions) and received munitions from the crate (was 45 instead of 60)

Oh, well that's OP
27 Jun 2020, 16:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

While not great, the SVT transfer is not OP due to a very good 7-men alternative upgrade. The issue for me is more that you can transfer mun from SOV to other factions that are usually more muni starved.
27 Jun 2020, 17:49 PM

While not great, the SVT transfer is not OP due to a very good 7-men alternative upgrade. The issue for me is more that you can transfer mun from SOV to other factions that are usually more muni starved.

Buy LMGs from brits #trade
27 Jun 2020, 18:02 PM

The issue for me is more that you can transfer mun from SOV to other factions that are usually more muni starved.

Well, OST doctrines allow it to airdrop what I think is 150 MU or 50FU for 200MP with some commanders. These resources can be picked up by OKW too. SOV can also airdrop fuel for an ally. Some resource transfer methods have always been in the game.

Also every SVT crate transfered to an ally is 2 less mines planted by SOV and USF buying 1 BAR is worse upgrade than equipping Cons with 4 SVTs, so it seems fair enough for me.
27 Jun 2020, 18:11 PM

allies generally have more options to help teammates out with weapons and ressources.
okw cant even build caches
no weapon transfer.
if you wanted you could even give your allies tanks as USF

is it a thing? yes
do i mind? no
27 Jun 2020, 18:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2020, 18:11 PMBaba
allies generally have more options to help teammates out with weapons and ressources.
okw cant even build caches
no weapon transfer.
if you wanted you could even give your allies tanks as USF

is it a thing? yes
do i mind? no

We gonna ignore the fact that ost can pump shitload of muni, fuel and superior support weapons to OKW?

And in regards to OKW, I don't know why you expect resource starved themed faction to share much.
27 Jun 2020, 19:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2020, 18:47 PMKatitof

We gonna ignore the fact that ost can pump shitload of muni, fuel and superior support weapons to OKW?

And in regards to OKW, I don't know why you expect resource starved themed faction to share much.

we gonna ignore that all allied factions can to the same? with commanders that arent actually garbage and therefore never seen?

as i said, i dont mind
penals with vickers lmgs are a fun meme but nothing mindbreaking

27 Jun 2020, 20:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2020, 17:49 PMKatitof

Buy LMGs from brits #trade

That's some real Anno mechanics right there. CoH3 when?

Well, OST doctrines allow it to airdrop what I think is 150 MU or 50FU for 200MP with some commanders. These resources can be picked up by OKW too. SOV can also airdrop fuel for an ally. Some resource transfer methods have always been in the game.

Also every SVT crate transfered to an ally is 2 less mines planted by SOV and USF buying 1 BAR is worse upgrade than equipping Cons with 4 SVTs, so it seems fair enough for me.

I find all of these questionable. Osttruppen commander can buy PaKs for OKW, USF airborne commander can buy team weapons for the Allies as well. One big part of balance is the faction balance within itself. How much resources they need. Pro players are experts in managing the damage to their resources, this is one of the major skills that makes them better than the average players. Transferring resources can screw with that quite a bit.
Regarding the SVT/BAR argument: It might be a worse upgrade, but USF's early/mid game infantry balance relies heavily on how quickly you get weapon racks and those BARs out since muni is the limiting factor.
If the argument is that it will be (obviously) deducted from the SOV resources, then there would be no reason against directly transferring resources via a "send" button or even a common resource pool in AT team games (hyperbolizing this). Yes, it can work, but it can also create so many new issues.
27 Jun 2020, 22:06 PM

Don't get me wrong, I am against an open trade sending MP/MU/FU to teammates, but the discussed abilities mostly have cooldown and are not commonly available and don't have the flexibility to break the game in my opinion. The most they have ever impacted the game was when the heavy was 9CP or sth and you could roll Tiger Ace 13 min in the game due to friendly airdrops.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★