Login

russian armor

Is this possible?

26 Jun 2020, 13:32 PM

Is it possible to have a system or something, that would implement different balance values (accuracy, DPS, range, etc) for units (tanks, infantry, etc) in 1v1 and team games separately?

I think this game really need something like that to unleash its true potential.

26 Jun 2020, 13:38 PM

Short answer: No.

Long answer:
26 Jun 2020, 13:46 PM

Agreed

Delete 4v4s as a mode
26 Jun 2020, 13:47 PM

Agreed

Delete 4v4s as a mode

+1
26 Jun 2020, 13:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

While it would improve each mode by itself, this would be a nightmare to balance and work with for every developer.

And also for the players since you need to re-learn all units for each modes.
26 Jun 2020, 14:03 PM

While it would improve each mode by itself, this would be a nightmare to balance and work with for every developer.

And also for the players since you need to re-learn all units for each modes.

Maybe, but I dont think it will be impossible since there only needs to be two instances of balance mods, for 1v1 and teams games in general (cuz it is fine to have the similar performing units for 2v2 and 4v4 so no need to overthink this).
26 Jun 2020, 14:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2020, 14:03 PMVIGNASH

Maybe, but I dont think it will be impossible since there only needs to be two instances of balance mods, for 1v1 and teams games in general (cuz it is fine to have the similar performing units for 2v2 and 4v4 so no need to overthink this).

It might be a thing for CoH3 should that game ever be made, but I highly doubt it. CoH2 already turned out to be quite a hassle, and even "just" having two builds would cause at least double the work regarding balance. Probably even more because developers rely on player feedback and players will often not specify what they are talking about exactly. So just tracking which feedback belongs to which built is quite difficult. Just imagine how discussions in this forum would look like if every unit had a second version that might or might not function slightly differently.
26 Jun 2020, 15:04 PM

It might be a thing for CoH3 should that game ever be made, but I highly doubt it. CoH2 already turned out to be quite a hassle, and even "just" having two builds would cause at least double the work regarding balance. Probably even more because developers rely on player feedback and players will often not specify what they are talking about exactly. So just tracking which feedback belongs to which built is quite difficult. Just imagine how discussions in this forum would look like if every unit had a second version that might or might not function slightly differently.

Well, I think this game is in a good shape for team games than it was several years ago, so might not need alot of work (might need minor tweaks but nothing major changes). So that leaves only 1v1.

In regards to feedback, you do have a good point but having separate sub-forums (like COH2 team balance & 1v1 balance) would be a simple fix so people could post stuff in the relevant threads.
26 Jun 2020, 17:42 PM

I would venture that the solution to team games is more options for mapmakers and forward retreat points for all factions, not separate builds for each mode.

This is because the main problems I see in team games are resource inflation, crowding and lack of flanking opportunities.
Forward retreat points for all factions would allow mapmakers to make larger maps, which would allow for more flanking opportunities, and adding in more capture points with lower resource incomes would allow mappers to create more conflict points without increasing total income, which would reduce crowding and allow for lowering resource income in larger modes.
26 Jun 2020, 19:35 PM

Less resource points and more points of interest in team games would be great. Repair points and medic points as well as watch tower points have all but disappeared. Less resource points mean less resources coming in per team but more repair stations means armour supremacy anyways. Could be really interesting
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 4
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment