Login

russian armor

List of my Suggestions for Balance with reasoning

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
MMX
20 Jun 2020, 02:16 AM

i doubt it would be a good idea to give penals their old flamer upgrade back, no matter at which stage of the game. there was good reason flamethrowers got removed from all mainlines and IMO it should stay this way.
that being said, maybe a redesign of the flamer upgrade into a timed ability, possibly with a mun cost attached to it might be an interesting option instead. kind of like the old 'deploy marksman' ability from vcoh the squad would temporarily equip a flamer for, say, 30 sec to force units out of cover / garrisons, but ability recharge and mun cost would make it less oppressive than a permanent flamer upgrade.
20 Jun 2020, 03:03 AM

Permanently Banned
Hannibal you there? Delete this thread already.
20 Jun 2020, 09:05 AM

Haha, you guys would hate my mod - I still have penals with the old double flamer upgrade.
20 Jun 2020, 20:51 PM

Permanently Banned
Haha, you guys would hate my mod - I still have penals with the old double flamer upgrade.

You got that right. That is why for penals I suggested the 2x AT rifle upgrade is available initially while 1x flamethrower upgrade is restricted to T4 and is mutually exclusive.
21 Jun 2020, 12:42 PM

I'm absolutely against any buffs to Soviets for so many reasons that would probably take a few good paragraphs to enumerate. Is is just incredible to suggest such changes in the balance forum. Balance imo suggests rather similar power of all factions. Any Soviet buffs would just make it even worse balance-wise than they are now. If anything Soviets should be nerfed and, especially when it comes to a few units, hard tbh.
21 Jun 2020, 13:48 PM

1. A unit to stop harassment uses up pop cap or munitions. Caches do not.

Man im sry to bust the bubble for you but caches are used for resource lead once you already have an Manpower lead. And to stop the opponent from closing the kappa, but thats a diffrent story.

Harassment is part of the game, and i would strongly suggest any new players to dont build caches what so ever unless they have around 1000ish manpower or so. Becouse a wrond timed cache ends up in less field presence worse engagements (since you get outnumbered) and therefore bad mp trades, that result in less map control no cache can compensate and eventually a loss
23 Jun 2020, 04:07 AM

Permanently Banned

Man im sry to bust the bubble for you but caches are used for resource lead once you already have an Manpower lead. And to stop the opponent from closing the kappa, but thats a diffrent story.

Harassment is part of the game, and i would strongly suggest any new players to dont build caches what so ever unless they have around 1000ish manpower or so. Becouse a wrond timed cache ends up in less field presence worse engagements (since you get outnumbered) and therefore bad mp trades, that result in less map control no cache can compensate and eventually a loss

The game is too unbalanced to favoring harassment. And the OKW excel at that better than most of the factions.
1 Jul 2020, 02:40 AM

Permanently Banned
So you guys think this game should remain unbalanced. So far some of you in a way say yes.
1 Jul 2020, 13:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2020, 21:31 PMKatitof

How else would you do it?
All of your army is following attack move in one place, how else would you defend your completely open flanks and backline while your army marches forward like moba creeps on mid lane?

Welp, clearly a l2p issue.

Spread out, move about, use recon, light vehicles are good for stopping harassment, learn when to concentrate forces and when to spread them out.

Never think of caches as an anti-cap measure, they're a resource structure that requires defending, use when you have manpower to burn and build them successively from the furthest back points to the most vulnerable.
7 Jul 2020, 23:53 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2020, 13:16 PMTomDRV

Welp, clearly a l2p issue.

Spread out, move about, use recon, light vehicles are good for stopping harassment, learn when to concentrate forces and when to spread them out.

Never think of caches as an anti-cap measure, they're a resource structure that requires defending, use when you have manpower to burn and build them successively from the furthest back points to the most vulnerable.

Light vehicles are not good at stopping the OKW's harassment by Sturmpioneers armed with panzerchrecks. Or other infantry armed with AT.
20 Jul 2020, 20:45 PM

Permanently Banned
asdfk hsdfjkh;
21 Jul 2020, 07:12 AM

I am going to reply the last time so you understand. First of all: why did caches get nerfed in the first place.

Caches got nerfed becouse they created a problem in teamgames where every player could build one cache and thus gaining a significant resource lead which could not be harrased. So basicially your change would recreate this issue.

To counter your arguments. Caches are not ment to stop early harrasment, i dont know how to put it but this is a fundamental game design that peaple run around the map to cap it and harras you. That is what peaple (including I) like about the game.

Caches are build to provide a resource advantage if you are floating manpower, or doing a rush strat like skipping wher t2 or a pak.

I cant help you if you refuse to accept core elements of the game and just want to change smth just so it fits your playstyle.

And by the way it doesnt matter if a cache is 200 or 250 mp an early cache is still shit vs a competent player and doesnt stop him. Basically 2 firenades and you got a sqadwipe.

So stop asking for something that

A) would recreate old issues
B) would be hard to implement and take up resources we dont have

AND

C) would not inpact your strat becouse it will still remain shit

What you should do is

A) accept the gameplay design of this game
B) try to improve at the game becouse im pretty sure 50 manpower doenst stand between you and top 10 rank. This includes sharing replays analizing your engagements.
C) try to find out strats that actually work and master them
22 Jul 2020, 02:40 AM

Permanently Banned
I am going to reply the last time so you understand. First of all: why did caches get nerfed in the first place.

Caches got nerfed becouse they created a problem in teamgames where every player could build one cache and thus gaining a significant resource lead which could not be harrased. So basicially your change would recreate this issue.

To counter your arguments. Caches are not ment to stop early harrasment, i dont know how to put it but this is a fundamental game design that peaple run around the map to cap it and harras you. That is what peaple (including I) like about the game.

Caches are build to provide a resource advantage if you are floating manpower, or doing a rush strat like skipping wher t2 or a pak.

I cant help you if you refuse to accept core elements of the game and just want to change smth just so it fits your playstyle.

And by the way it doesnt matter if a cache is 200 or 250 mp an early cache is still shit vs a competent player and doesnt stop him. Basically 2 firenades and you got a sqadwipe.

So stop asking for something that

A) would recreate old issues
B) would be hard to implement and take up resources we dont have

AND

C) would not inpact your strat becouse it will still remain shit

What you should do is

A) accept the gameplay design of this game
B) try to improve at the game becouse im pretty sure 50 manpower doenst stand between you and top 10 rank. This includes sharing replays analizing your engagements.
C) try to find out strats that actually work and master them

Then they may as well nerf caches even more by making them much easier to destroy and make it so the first cache costs 250 manpower and further caches cost 400 manpower.

And they may as well modify the campaigns to increase the cost of caches in them as well.

Of course, my rants to the development community are through frustration and expression of anger. Why don't they listen to me?

This isn't a l2p issue, this is more like a "go cry and fuck yourself" issue.
MMX
22 Jul 2020, 16:04 PM

@op: please correct me if i'm wrong, but from your posts and player card i get the impression that you're mainly playing vs the ai, so a lot of your ideas of how coh2 should be played and balanced are quite far off from what the majority if the playerbase thinks is good for the game.
at this point i'd probably suggest you familiarize yourself with the modding tools and start building your own tuning pack with your own rules and unit design. want more expensive caches? just mod them the way you like it! there's a ton of resources available here on .org that should get you started as well as many experienced people willing to help. give it a try!
22 Jul 2020, 17:08 PM

Of course, my rants to the development community are through frustration and expression of anger. Why don't they listen to me?

Because nobody cares about your suggestions since you provided laughable arguments and no credibility.
22 Jul 2020, 21:42 PM

Permanently Banned

Because nobody cares about your suggestions since you provided laughable arguments and no credibility.

Laughable?! You think I don't put much thought into my arguments. I think what you are trying to say is that I am brainless and should quit playing COH2 and go cry in my room. You know this game is unbalanced! And you don't give a shit on how I could attempt to at least correct that. You may as well even pretend you are a developer.

I can understand some heat on some of my arguments but you are one who flames ALL my suggestions. Your response to all would be:

"NO! GO TO HELL!"
22 Jul 2020, 21:49 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2020, 16:04 PMMMX
@op: please correct me if i'm wrong, but from your posts and player card i get the impression that you're mainly playing vs the ai, so a lot of your ideas of how coh2 should be played and balanced are quite far off from what the majority if the playerbase thinks is good for the game.
at this point i'd probably suggest you familiarize yourself with the modding tools and start building your own tuning pack with your own rules and unit design. want more expensive caches? just mod them the way you like it! there's a ton of resources available here on .org that should get you started as well as many experienced people willing to help. give it a try!

Those mod tools are restricted to a limited community. And I do not have permission to access or download those tools.
22 Jul 2020, 22:01 PM

Permanently Banned
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment