Login

russian armor

List of my Suggestions for Balance with reasoning

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
18 Jun 2020, 22:59 PM

Permanently Banned
COME ON MODERATORS JUST DELETE THIS THREAD!
18 Jun 2020, 23:28 PM

1. bad idea and can’t be coded.
2. No
3. Hell no
4. Nonsense
5. No
6. Can’t be coded
18 Jun 2020, 23:46 PM

I actually agree with the panzergrenadier changes. They can be next to impossible to counter in a 1vs1 when they arrive at around min 3. Building either t1 or t2 would be fine IMO, just dont make them so annoying to deal with when already dealing with an agressive osttruppen or ass gren start.

The rest of the changes are quite questionanble into uneccesary. I mean is okw early At really a problem? Isnt okw early at not weak as it is? Would 50mp when buiding caches really make a difference?

Jackson dying 2 shot from Ele and JT is big NO from my side
19 Jun 2020, 01:08 AM

Permanently Banned
1. bad idea and can’t be coded.
2. No
3. Hell no
4. Nonsense
5. No
6. Can’t be coded

Why all of them no? I think its because you don't give a damn about my suggestions, just like the rest of them.
I think I know why? You don't give reason cuz you just don't give a damn.

What's next?
7. No! Go to hell thomasagray!
19 Jun 2020, 01:15 AM

Permanently Banned
asdfasdf
19 Jun 2020, 01:18 AM

Why all of them no? I think its because you don't give a damn about my suggestions, just like the rest of them.
I think I know why? You don't give reason cuz you just don't give a damn.

What's next?
7. No! Go to hell thomasagray!

No thank you, random internet person, I’d rather voice my disagreement without writing a 10K word essay explaining why.

Also skip the personal stuff, that niche is already filled here.
19 Jun 2020, 02:26 AM
19 Jun 2020, 10:26 AM

All the changes are about nerfing the axis and buffing the allies. Do You play only the allies? From the tourneys and my own experience playing as axis is already more difficult.
19 Jun 2020, 11:30 AM

OKW early game AT is too strong and needs to be nerfed, comedy gold
19 Jun 2020, 12:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

No thank you, random internet person, I’d rather voice my disagreement without writing a 10K word essay explaining why.

Also skip the personal stuff, that niche is already filled here.

This forum is meant for discussions. If you don't want to discuss a topic, don't write or just go to the steam forums.
19 Jun 2020, 13:13 PM

This forum is meant for discussions.

Then hide my posts if a simple “no” isn’t enough. Also put a minimum word count in the guidelines because right now nothing is forcing me to write more than a simple, on topic, “no”.

Or you can stop moderating based on nonsense.
19 Jun 2020, 13:16 PM

This forum is meant for discussions. If you don't want to discuss a topic, don't write or just go to the steam forums.

Cool.

When you guys will start deleting all the "balance" threads with the sole argument being "I lost a game to unit X" then that always end up being 10 page circle jerks of other people who have lost a game to unit X without any further explanations, arguments or replays to discuss?
19 Jun 2020, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2020, 13:16 PMKatitof

Cool.

When you guys will start deleting all the "balance" threads with the sole argument being "I lost a game to unit X" then that always end up being 10 page circle jerks of other people who have lost a game to unit X without any further explanations, arguments or replays to discuss?

Maybe they could if people like you stopped taking up all their time...
19 Jun 2020, 18:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Then hide my posts if a simple “no” isn’t enough. Also put a minimum word count in the guidelines because right now nothing is forcing me to write more than a simple, on topic, “no”.

Or you can stop moderating based on nonsense.

Apparently asking for a reason behind someone's opinion nowadays is considered too much to ask for. Welp, times have changed...

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2020, 13:16 PMKatitof

Cool.

I can assure you that the moderations team spends a lot of time on invising petty comments as you will usually see with your two-digit notification bar.

Now to OPs post before this goe sback and forth with nonesense posts from all of us:
Most of the suggestions will bring back old problems (like 6 men flamers) and need lots of rework in other aspects. The Penal suggestion for example would probably cause a complete vet rework and maybe even base stats.
Others ideas like the caches: I am not sure if this is worth the effort of implementing (if possible) and afterwards bug fixing for an unknown benefit. Caches at the moment are too expensive for 1v1, but too cheap for latge team modes. That's their main issue. And judging from my game experience I did not get the feeling that getting decently defended cut offs is too easy.
I would agree though that the Achilles ciuld use a rework. It is not a bad unit for its price, but I just don't think it has an interesting role in the British lineup.
19 Jun 2020, 18:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1- Pointless cause the improvements is negligible and doesn't fix the issues with caches at their core. 1v1 =/= teamgames.

My view for caches for future titles is this: for point capping protection, the cache is cheaper to build, it's not resistant to small arm fire but provides no resource boost. ONCE a cache is deploy ANY TEAMMATE can build on top of it an extension which provides resources ONLY to the player who build it.

2- No to the PG build timing. MAYBE the pshreck upgrade been locked down in T2/BP2.

3- Too much backslash for that to ever be implemented at all. I think it would require nerfs to either or both in vet and their early game performance (example locking down weapon upgrade and satchel behind same Conscripts HQ upgrade on mollies and AT nades).

Brainstorming: the flamethrower upgrade actually reduces the squad number from 6 to 5.

4- The rak is there for due to no min 0 snares. Pointless change for SP.
19 Jun 2020, 21:19 PM

Permanently Banned
19 Jun 2020, 21:30 PM

1- The increase in manpower cost of caches has already worsened the game balance, especially against early rushes and harassment. What's the alternative? First munitions and fuel cache per player down to 200 manpower?

3- What do you mean? Penals used to have flamethrower prior to a certain patch. I only asked for it to be restricted in late game, not early game. What's next? Remove AT rifle upgrades as well and leave them with only one weapon slot allowed?

4- At least panzerchreck upgrade then.

wait a sec? you go caches to stop early harrasment?
19 Jun 2020, 21:31 PM

wait a sec? you go caches to stop early harrasment?

How else would you do it?
All of your army is following attack move in one place, how else would you defend your completely open flanks and backline while your army marches forward like moba creeps on mid lane?
19 Jun 2020, 21:55 PM

I personally would be fine with penal flamer if it arrived late like behing tier 4 ans some side upgrade or that it weakens the guns of other squadmembers.

Also delaying rak would mean that clowncars and lvs would whoop okw for first minutes way too strongly.
20 Jun 2020, 01:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

1- The increase in manpower cost of caches has already worsened the game balance, especially against early rushes and harassment. What's the alternative? First munitions and fuel cache per player down to 200 manpower?

3- What do you mean? Penals used to have flamethrower prior to a certain patch. I only asked for it to be restricted in late game, not early game. What's next? Remove AT rifle upgrades as well and leave them with only one weapon slot allowed?

4- At least panzerchreck upgrade then.

1- That 200mp is better spent in another unit to stop that harassment in 1v1. In teamgames the problem is that it boost allied resources, so the cost of cache is payed by only one player but benefits all players. Harassment is less of an issue in teamgames due to unit volume per point on map

3- Penals "power budget" is balanced around been good early game with insane vet values at the expense of scaling worst into late game combat (weapon upgrades are always preferable as a means of scaling due to DPS focus) and having problems with map presence.

EVEN if it was balanced, i don't think it would be accepted at all giving a 6 model squad a flamethrower upgrade. No matter at which point it unlocks.

They had it before, but you payed for it with a unit which was not useful at all and expensive. Once they were made useful, they end up been broken once you unlocked the flamer.

The problem with flamethrower as a weapon upgrade is that it is difficult to balance. They are an AoE weapon which ignores RA and clears for free any garrison. And if IIRC, all infantry flamethrowers should perform equally disregarding which is the platform they are on.
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight