Login

russian armor

List of my Suggestions for Balance with reasoning

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
14 Aug 2020, 17:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2020, 07:05 AMgollo
If what you say is true, why I don't see JT, KT on "pro" games? because if If go to sc2 for instance I can play with all units, with your thinking you will have only 2k people playing this game, if this game were in a good balance state, lest say 85-90% then this game will have thousands of people playing it, how many people have installed this game only to uninstall it due to lack of balance and bugs, why age of empires have more players? I can and play age 2 right now I won't see this disastrous game breaking "skill plays" this game is played because it is unique and there are other like but by any chance it is even 50% balanced.

With that mindset, the same things happen in both SC2 and AoE2.

JT or KT are either non optimal choices or niche, focused to be mainly used in teamgames. Pro games are been played in their majority in 1v1 in a curated map pool, with counter faction picking been a possibility.

How many pro game have u seen in SC2 which are based on teamgames? Same can be said around AoE (which is a bit more similar to CoH2 with teamgame tournaments vs 1v1 ratio).

SC2
Terran: i think it's the most well rounded though the Thor might be a little too good in the Zerg match up. We rarely see nukes been used and Ravens feels more like only been built once every so few games at all. Worst than that is banshees, cloaked ones which have a shorter window of opportunity than an M3 clowncar.
At least Reapers are been built so often even though they become irrelevant past the first few minutes of the game.

Zerg: "Can't believe there are tournaments on this game. I can't believe that with all the game breaking unbalance this game has"
Let me mention pre nerf and removal of infected marines + infected growth and swarm host + nydus combo or just turtling into brood lord meta.
When a caster GM/Master main zerg you tells u "It's surprising how zerg was able to lose at all before the nerfs" i don't think you can put SC2 in such a high pedestal.

As far as useless or niche things go, we have Microbial shroud and Swarm hosts now. Infestor enable the kinda bad Ultras, though they are mostly only viable through having such an overwhelming map + eco presence that u are essentially taking bad trades but having so much bank that you choke down the enemy who is in fewer bases.

Toss: i'm surprised you don't cry about Toss design, which i would argue has been the cheese + deathball army since day 1.
While everyone can cheese, there's been specific metas on which the race has only been viable if winning through cheese and mid game all ins.
I think it's almost as well rounded as Terran, though there's a discrepancy between Pros vs anyone lower than Diamond regarding Air armies on the lategame.

AoE2 DE: because i don't want another page of words, i'll simply say that if you have issues with commander balance or units been niche, i don't know what game have you been playing by not seeing the glaring issues there are with Civilizations dominating on specific maps or plenty of unique units not seeing the light.
There's a good reason picks and bans are used in tournaments so we don't see the same civs every single time.

Number of players: not many games in ANY genre can achieve what CoH2 has done in actually increasing it's player base post release + maintaining it's number through so many years, specially without direct support from it's developers.

AoE2 DE has it's numbers because they finally were able to make people abandon voobly to a functioning remaster compared to the badly implemented AoE2 HD.

SC is a monster of it's own and have it's cult behind it.

As much as many people have fond memories of CoH1 and look back through rose tinted glasses, i would like to compare this situation with old Battlefields. Yes, 1942 and BF2 were good for a small niche playerbase who was extremely dedicated to it. But once you try break out of the small pond, you will start to find that not everything look as good as you think it was.
15 Aug 2020, 00:29 AM

Permanently Banned

The most viewed Twitch channels and most large tournaments are 1v1 matches. Slow, heavy units are quite vulnerable in these modes because the unit density is low and slow units are likely to get flanked.
from 2v2 upwards you will see JT, Elefant, ISU, Tiger etc regularly.

And yes, there are still a lot of bugs and unbalanced things in this game. Still comparing it to AoE2 in that regard does not make that much sense, since the games are very different in their whole premise, setup and completely different fighting mechanics. AoE2 is also in active development (at least the newest iteration) by a large company. CoH2 is next to abandoned and kept alive by the community with obviously less manpower to do the work.

Not just less manpower, but less brains (no offense), and Relic is busy signing its death warrant and taking steps to shut down servers for good.
15 Aug 2020, 00:43 AM

No.
15 Aug 2020, 07:12 AM

Not just less manpower, but less brains (no offense), and Relic is busy signing its death warrant and taking steps to shut down servers for good.

Like they have shut the servers for CoH1?
Or DoW1?
15 Aug 2020, 12:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2020, 07:12 AMKatitof

Like they have shut the servers for CoH1?
Or DoW1?

Bruh, don’t you get it? Relic isn’t following every suggestion by “thomasagrey” therefore Relic is a dying company and coh2 is doomed to perish soon. What do you not understand?
15 Aug 2020, 22:49 PM

Permanently Banned

Bruh, don’t you get it? Relic isn’t following every suggestion by “thomasagrey” therefore Relic is a dying company and coh2 is doomed to perish soon. What do you not understand?

And thanks to you, Relic is following no suggestions by me. You instead insist having this community flame and troll my ass. And the balancing community is no better. They refuse to accept suggestions from whiny pussies.
15 Aug 2020, 22:50 PM

And the balancing community is no better. They refuse to accept suggestions from whiny pussies.

I mean....I guess it's good that you have some self awareness. Hope you act on it.
15 Aug 2020, 22:53 PM

Permanently Banned

I mean....I guess it's good that you have some self awareness. Hope you act on it.

Even one of the moderators thought on of my suggestions may be good, the one for repairing sandbags. But you, like much of the community disagree. Because you believe that it, along with the rest of my suggestions, are made by a whiny pussy.
15 Aug 2020, 22:56 PM

Because you believe that it, along with the rest of my suggestions, are made by a whiny pussy.

As both Jesus and Aristeidis the Just said millenia ago:

Συ Είπας (you said it)
15 Aug 2020, 23:05 PM

16 Aug 2020, 00:21 AM

Yeah, no, that's enough. Their work is often capped by a mysterious Relic 'scope'. Insulting people who are giving up their own time for our community is not even remotely acceptable.
MMX
16 Aug 2020, 04:07 AM

oh boy, this thread surely derailed a long time ago already, but at least it now has (involuntarily) produced some real comedy gold.
17 Aug 2020, 08:46 AM

Complaining about 4 rank players and people who do not even know how units look like anymore, while having no rank at all and no game for the last 30 days + is peak irony and hypocrisy for me.

Yeah. I'm still trying to figure out the phenomenon. Never expected or seen anything like this before.

And I agree with gollo's observations. Some of the game's unit vs unit duels results are quite far from what one would expect, knowing how the unit performed in real life. All players expect it to be different of course (it is a game after all) but often the game surprises simply too much. Players such as gollo will just install it and later uninstall quickly with a sense of frustration. This should be prevented. One way to do that would be adjust units' descriptions. It could help tremendously if a player just expected things after reading a unit description. Some frustration would be spared. I think this is the only way to go as significant balance/mechanics changes are probably impossible.
17 Aug 2020, 10:37 AM

One way to do that would be adjust units' descriptions.

This. When I came back after my 1,5 year break I was confused as garden at first ( and frustrated )

The unit, commander and ability descriptions sometimes just outright lie to you ( or tell you $1424141 key not found )

As a new player I would probably be frustrated as hell and maybe just refund this game.
18 Aug 2020, 09:51 AM

Permanently Banned
Yeah, set my post invisible for being angry. What next, set this one for threatening at gunpoint?
18 Aug 2020, 13:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Even one of the moderators thought on of my suggestions may be good, the one for repairing sandbags. But you, like much of the community disagree. Because you believe that it, along with the rest of my suggestions, are made by a whiny pussy.

Elchino was the only moderator directly replying to it afaik and he actually had the stance of it being pointless. But just get on with it, most people disagreed and did not like your suggestions often with good reason. I've made plenty of suggestions myself and only one very minor one was implemented. No big deal. And also no reason to regularly push for one's own suggestions.

Yeah, set my post invisible for being angry. What next, set this one for threatening at gunpoint?

If you can't tell the difference between directly flaming and insulting other forum members and slight trolling, only then I understand that you are surprised about your post being invised. Just follow Wheaton's law, that's 90% of this forum's rules.
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS