Login

russian armor

List of my Suggestions for Balance with reasoning

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
23 Jul 2020, 00:39 AM

Permanently Banned
More Changes:
8. Tiger PzKpfw VI: Call in now requires either a Support Armor Korps or Heavy Panzer Korps built in addition to Battle Phase 3 and 12 CP.

Reasoning: Why not? It should make sense that the call in is a middle ground between the Elefant and Panzer IV Command tank.

9. Conscript Additional Man: now locks out other weapon upgrades but no longer prevents them from collecting abandoned squad weapons from the ground. Likewise, while the squad remains with 1 squad weapon limit, picking up the weapon does not preclude that upgrade.

Reasoning: the additional man is not really worth it over many other upgrades or the firepower granted by a squad weapon. At least it should be compatible with any weapon picked up from the ground.

10. Bren Carriers: now gain capture ability at veterancy 1, allowing them to capture territory points automatically. Similar to that of the Kubelwagen, only without the capture speed bonus.

Reasoning: an improvement to the British, allowing them to use their cheap vehicle unit for harassment provided it gets some veterancy.

11. M26 Pershing: Veterancy 1 Improved Acceleration replaced with Smoke Dischargers. When activated, they generate a cloud of smoke around the heavy tank, blocking line of sight.

Reasoning: to improve this tank's survivability as the acceleration isn't that much useful to it; it's generally more fragile than most of the other heavy tanks. As the tank has no crew to disembark, the smoke can at least do a favor of meaning the difference between life and death in some situations.

12. Combat Engineers, Pioneers, Panzergrenadiers w/Leader, Rear Echelon Troops, Assault Engineers, Vehicle Crews, Sturmpioneers, Royal Engineers, and Infantry Sections w/ Defensive Operations active can all repair sandbag positions

Reasoning: sandbags are rudimentary but effective and free pieces of heavy cover that can give one side the advantage in a firefight. Currently, only British engineers and infantry under defensive doctrine can repair sandbags and Combat Engineers in the campaign can repair sandbag fighting positions. It's only fair the others should be able to repair sandbags in between combat in case of camping on an objective or important chokepoint.
23 Jul 2020, 01:17 AM

You know this game is unbalanced! And you don't give a shit on how I could attempt to at least correct that.

Game’s in a really good state of balance and honestly noone cares how you want to correct anything because it’s plain to the naked eye that you have no understanding of what you are trying to correct and no amount of angry replies from you is going to change it.

My suggestion to you is to stop making forum posts and try to get better.
24 Jul 2020, 02:57 AM

Permanently Banned

Game’s in a really good state of balance and honestly noone cares how you want to correct anything because it’s plain to the naked eye that you have no understanding of what you are trying to correct and no amount of angry replies from you is going to change it.

Yeah well for most of my suggestions, you don't give proper reasoning. Take a look at the win rates and tell me which factions are overpowered. AND THE GAME IS NOT IN A GOOD STATE OF BALANCE! FACTION DESIGNS MAKE THIS GAME IN A POOR STATE OF BALANCE AT BEST!
25 Jul 2020, 08:04 AM

Soviet:

- Remove IL bombing run from both ISU commander ( Not sure to replace with what? )

Ostheer:

- Remove Stuka bomb drop from Elefant commander ( Not sure to replace with what? )

25 Jul 2020, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2020, 08:04 AMKyle
Soviet:

- Remove IL bombing run from both ISU commander ( Not sure to replace with what? )

Ostheer:

- Remove Stuka bomb drop from Elefant commander ( Not sure to replace with what? )

Replace bomb in combined arms with rapid conscription. Thematic and a decent nerf to what might be the best soviet commander. Rapid con is a pretty meh ability but might see some use still with how strong the commander is

In the other isu commander replace it with an il-2 strafe. Being the lesser of the isu commanders I don't want to hit this one as hard. It lacks the flexibility of guards and as such I'd like to put in a more flexible ability

Both proposed soviet abilities are in need of a little love, which means putting them in these commanders puts them in scope for change as well as nerfing the powerful combos of isu and il-2 bombs. Win win.

For the Jaeger armour maybe put a stuka at strafe. Still strong but less flexible and still in line with the commander theme. Arguably more in line.

Less rational for the choice than the isu changes but it does make the commander much more niche which in turn makes it more of a choice as it would be markedly less flexible yet not a whack less powerful.
27 Jul 2020, 00:44 AM

Permanently Banned

And seriously, just like the rest of "them" you don't give a fuck. What next? You suggest that I (Tommy Gray x Land Raider) get banned from COH2 servers as well as the forum. That my IP is traced and dealt with appropriately?

Because it seems to me that you suggest that ALL my changes NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.
27 Jul 2020, 01:54 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Because it seems to me that you suggest that ALL my changes NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

Your originally first 7 points will never happen. Either because it can't be done, it doesn't accomplish what you wish for or it makes the game worst.

8- Heavy tanks are at the timing they should be at.
9- It can be done, but i don't think it should be done. It's similar to Volks situation after STG.
10- Not the best moment to buff the Bren Carrier while the change wouldn't be as impactful as i think it would be arriving a bit too late.
11- The acceleration is good but i don't think it's justified to buff the unit ATM by giving it panzer tactician. Not to mention that we should stir away from insta "get out of jail" abilities as the default sherman smoke dispensers is a better design ability.
12- I can't remember ever been a case on which i thought a sandbag needed repair as opposed to just building another.
But i don't see a reason for that to not be the case. YAY it took 12 suggestions for 1 to be good enough.
27 Jul 2020, 10:33 AM

10 - tbh brit nerfs should begin with the UC itself, dont think its a good idea rn
27 Jul 2020, 15:30 PM

Cool idea for Sturmpioneer overhaul (probably too much work to be implemented tho):
Base cost reduced to 280MP, start with 4x MP40s, weapon profile similar but a bit worse than Assgren's, no longer have access to stock stun nades but sweeper is no longer mutually exclusive with any upgrade
Can be upgraded with 4x STG44s for 60 munitions, unlock stun nades and get received accuracy bonus when moving (something like 0.96-0.97 like MP40 Volk), if u pick Firestorm doctrine then u can also upgrade them with flamer after STG44 upgrade
Or can be upgraded with 2x schrecks for 100-120 munitions (mutually exclusive with STG and flamer), unlock ability "anti-tank bundled grenade" that can be targeted at vehicles, does not cause engine critical but stun vehicles for 2 secs, detonate upon impact, damage is a bit higher than faust? But also a bit more expensive (maybe 35-40 munitions?), mainly used for fending off medium spam rushing at ur heavies and the inevitable T34 ram
Veterancy can be adjusted, replace stun nade vet for some small stat bonus? Maybe unlock "sprint" at vet 5?
Makes them truly "compensate with their gear and tactics", cheaper to replace for repair duties, but more expensive (munition-wise) to replace for combat duties
27 Jul 2020, 15:54 PM

Cool idea for Sturmpioneer overhaul (probably too much work to be implemented tho):
Base cost reduced to 280MP, start with 4x MP40s, weapon profile similar but a bit worse than Assgren's, no longer have access to stock stun nades but sweeper is no longer mutually exclusive with any upgrade
Can be upgraded with 4x STG44s for 60 munitions, unlock stun nades and get received accuracy bonus when moving (something like 0.96-0.97 like MP40 Volk), if u pick Firestorm doctrine then u can also upgrade them with flamer after STG44 upgrade
Or can be upgraded with 2x schrecks for 100-120 munitions (mutually exclusive with STG and flamer), unlock ability "anti-tank bundled grenade" that can be targeted at vehicles, does not cause engine critical but stun vehicles for 2 secs, detonate upon impact, damage is a bit higher than faust? But also a bit more expensive (maybe 35-40 munitions?), mainly used for fending off medium spam rushing at ur heavies and the inevitable T34 ram
Veterancy can be adjusted, replace stun nade vet for some small stat bonus? Maybe unlock "sprint" at vet 5?
Makes them truly "compensate with their gear and tactics", cheaper to replace for repair duties, but more expensive (munition-wise) to replace for combat duties

If you nerf sturmpios, what's to stop brits from completely steamrolling with UCs and assault tommies? You could literally drive/drop off and run up and shove a volks/nerfed sturm pio army off the field since there are no mgs to worry about.
27 Jul 2020, 16:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2020, 15:54 PMKoRneY

If you nerf sturmpios, what's to stop brits from completely steamrolling with UCs and assault tommies? You could literally drive/drop off and run up and shove a volks/nerfed sturm pio army off the field since there are no mgs to worry about.

Well their damage at close range should be high enough to chase off sections and UCs, just like their current state
The proposed STG upgrade could be cheaper? Maybe 45 munitions and does not require trucks/HQs?
I feel like I can already deal with allied light vehicle plays with the raketen and/or Panzerfussies
27 Jul 2020, 16:21 PM

Awful rework.
27 Jul 2020, 19:17 PM

Well their damage at close range should be high enough to chase off sections and UCs, just like their current state
The proposed STG upgrade could be cheaper? Maybe 45 munitions and does not require trucks/HQs?
I feel like I can already deal with allied light vehicle plays with the raketen and/or Panzerfussies

Well you said worse than assault grens which more or less trade evenly with assault tommies but now there's one less model. Your nerfed sturms would get fuct right off the field and it doesn't get much better with volks, much less Panzerfusiliers
27 Jul 2020, 20:13 PM

Permanently Banned
Whatever
27 Jul 2020, 21:36 PM

The only change for sturmpioneers I need is combat package requiring supply truck call in, nothing with their STG 44's. There's a reason they are necessary for the OKW's early game strength and rushing ability.

I was replying to Mr. dk#!
28 Jul 2020, 06:57 AM

Awful rework.

Instead of, you know, talking bad about everything people come up with, you could try to explain why you don't agree with them
28 Jul 2020, 07:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2020, 21:36 PMKoRneY

I was replying to Mr. dk#!

I was trying to come up with changes that could potentially buff them a lot, hence I suggested the MP40s for toning them down a bit
Well they can keep STG44s then, but they need something else to help them scale into late game CQB units, like atm they are the only CQB unit OKW has (if u don't count doctrinal Falls and scoped STG Obers)
31 Jul 2020, 22:41 PM

Permanently Banned

I was trying to come up with changes that could potentially buff them a lot, hence I suggested the MP40s for toning them down a bit
Well they can keep STG44s then, but they need something else to help them scale into late game CQB units, like atm they are the only CQB unit OKW has (if u don't count doctrinal Falls and scoped STG Obers)

And they are often the only CQB units the OKW needs as it does a good job against most regular infantry if used properly.
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS