Login

russian armor

US Vision

13 Jun 2020, 12:42 PM
Donator 11

Hello,

I seem to have troubles with gaining vision in team games when playing US.

Major ist a decent option but very micro-heavy to dislodge the FRP, wait 1+ minutes and bring him back again and again. And all this walking makes him angry. Otherwise, i found nothing with base units.

The commanders I play give only very limited vision options. Airborne has the Pathfinders which do a decent job, but I find it risky to build more than 1 of them. Rifle flares are excellent, but thats all there is about this commander since E8s seem weak right now. Recon plane commander i dont play. Infantry, Hvy Cavalry, Urban Assault have nothing. And thats about it?!

How do you guys gain vision with US in team games? Or do you solely rely on your mates?

Cheers
Hanz

13 Jun 2020, 16:52 PM

You don't need to disloge the FRP to use the plane ability. ;)
13 Jun 2020, 17:08 PM

These vehicles have increased sight
M20
WC51
M8

These vehicles have increased sight once vetted
M3
m5
Stuart

Pathfinder and IR pathfinder have increased sight
ATG can get increased sight with take aim
Mark target will provide sight
Radio net will provide sight bonus
Raid tactics will provide sight bonus
Combined Arms will provide sight bonus
13 Jun 2020, 17:45 PM

Major ist a decent option but very micro-heavy to dislodge the FRP, wait 1+ minutes and bring him back again and again. And all this walking makes him angry. Otherwise, i found nothing with base units.

What Esxile said, you don't have to do this to use the recon pass. And what do you mean "all this walking"? You can call it in from anywhere and still get good coverage

And don't forget you get 2 recon planes with each pass at vet 1
13 Jun 2020, 17:50 PM

fun fact the recon pass comes from the base and sweeps to the point you activate the ability of the major and then continues across the map. So you can basically construct a line in your head from the base to the point you click to the area you want recon off. This can be done from the FRP without moving the major

On most maps you can basically cover somewhat over 80% with it
13 Jun 2020, 20:12 PM

fun fact the recon pass comes from the base and sweeps to the point you activate the ability of the major and then continues across the map. So you can basically construct a line in your head from the base to the point you click to the area you want recon off. This can be done from the FRP without moving the major

I think the OP plays 4v4, where the recon pass is most useful in providing sight for someone's call-in to counter on-map arty. In that case, you do have to stop the FRP, walk to a good aiming point, use the ability, then walk back. There isn't any other solution besides playing Tactical Support.

In general, it doesn't seem like the USF's vision options are much worse than any other faction. It'd be better if the M20 were more viable or if pathfinders were in more commanders.
13 Jun 2020, 23:16 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2020, 16:52 PMEsxile
You don't need to disloge the FRP to use the plane ability. ;)

I know. What I didnt know was that it gives vision above and beyond the red circle. Because I apparently suck at looking at my screen..

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2020, 17:08 PMVipper
These vehicles have increased sight
M20
WC51
M8

These vehicles have increased sight once vetted
M3
m5
Stuart

Pathfinder and IR pathfinder have increased sight
ATG can get increased sight with take aim
Mark target will provide sight
Radio net will provide sight bonus
Raid tactics will provide sight bonus
Combined Arms will provide sight bonus

Thank you for this list!

A fun fact i actually didnt realize until this thread. Just tested it - pretty much solves all my problems. Thank you guys.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★