Login

russian armor

US early game

12 Jun 2020, 22:16 PM
Donator 11

Hey guys,

started to play more US lately (1v1s and 3v3s) and seem to have some trouble vs OKW in the very early game.

My opening is mostly 3 Rifles into LT (+MG) if I am rather defensive and into Captain (+howie/ATG) if early works out fine.

But the very first engagements are a horror. OKW player has MG + 3 Volks + Sturms and all Krauts are defending the MG. Flanking is pretty difficult - since you either hit the 3 Volks or the Sturms. I dont seem to have enough squads to encircle.

Any help? Particularly how decent US players play out their early game vs OKW - would be highly appreciated!

Cheers
Hanz
12 Jun 2020, 22:22 PM

MG?

X for doubt.

Maybe you should try capping the map instead of letting the blobs clash
12 Jun 2020, 22:38 PM

if he already has an MG in the first engagement, you were literally afk for the first 5+ mins of the game
12 Jun 2020, 22:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

On 3v3 it's an allied OH MG42. On 1v1 you shouldn't see an MG till around 5 minutes i think.
12 Jun 2020, 23:31 PM

Move from cover to cover in neutral/enemy territory and always focus running sturms. Force long range engagements and if the map is densely packed, well, focus locations that aren't. I also go 3 Rifles, but into captain and then I get the AA. It works wonders vs OKW but you will have to be careful for the raketen, it's not the best AT along Pak in the game for nothing.
Also, don't force pushes. If you see an enemy is entrenched in some position, focus other parts of the map
12 Jun 2020, 23:45 PM

Hey guys,

started to play more US lately (1v1s and 3v3s) and seem to have some trouble vs OKW in the very early game.

My opening is mostly 3 Rifles into LT (+MG) if I am rather defensive and into Captain (+howie/ATG) if early works out fine.

But the very first engagements are a horror. OKW player has MG + 3 Volks + Sturms and all Krauts are defending the MG. Flanking is pretty difficult - since you either hit the 3 Volks or the Sturms. I dont seem to have enough squads to encircle.

Any help? Particularly how decent US players play out their early game vs OKW - would be highly appreciated!

Cheers
Hanz

OKW doesn't have any MGs until they have the first truck set up. So the earliest you will see an MG is realistically at around the 4-5 minute mark. Most OKW players build their first MG34 later though (or not at all).

The first engagements against OKW are all about not spreading out too thin and trying to get 50% map control. After you got the officer out you can be more aggressive but before that OKW has an advantage because they start with Sturms and Rear Echelons are mediocre in combat.

Always focus fire the Sturmpionier if you see it charging in on you and keep in mind that Rear Echelons do better against the Kübelwagen than Riflemen.

Other than that there is not much else to say, it's pretty straight forward and how successful you will be is all about the right micro of your units.

13 Jun 2020, 00:52 AM
Donator 11

On 3v3 it's an allied OH MG42. On 1v1 you shouldn't see an MG till around 5 minutes i think.

Yes, true. I had a few bad 3v3s in this setup.

Move from cover to cover in neutral/enemy territory and always focus running sturms. Force long range engagements and if the map is densely packed, well, focus locations that aren't. I also go 3 Rifles, but into captain and then I get the AA. It works wonders vs OKW but you will have to be careful for the raketen, it's not the best AT along Pak in the game for nothing.
Also, don't force pushes. If you see an enemy is entrenched in some position, focus other parts of the map

Thank you for the tips. I find the AA somehow clunky to use. How is the Stuart currently?

OKW doesn't have any MGs until they have the first truck set up. So the earliest you will see an MG is realistically at around the 4-5 minute mark. Most OKW players build their first MG34 later though (or not at all).

The first engagements against OKW are all about not spreading out too thin and trying to get 50% map control. After you got the officer out you can be more aggressive but before that OKW has an advantage because they start with Sturms and Rear Echelons are mediocre in combat.

Always focus fire the Sturmpionier if you see it charging in on you and keep in mind that Rear Echelons do better against the Kübelwagen than Riflemen.

Other than that there is not much else to say, it's pretty straight forward and how successful you will be is all about the right micro of your units.

Thx mate. didnt know about the RE vs Kübel thing. But experienced it today and was wondering.
13 Jun 2020, 01:05 AM

Trucks in general are very clumsy in coh2, especially when trying to navigate through yellow cover map pieces like bushes, crates, hedgerows, sticks etc.

Cant say much about steward, its overshadowed by t70. still decent but would go for aa halftrack
13 Jun 2020, 02:41 AM

Permanently Banned
In 1v1 generally u want to avoid combat vs OKW in the first 5 minutes. Just cap as much as u can. Only engage if u know u can win teh skirmish.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★