Login

russian armor

Balance Changes for Next Patch

14 Jun 2020, 09:36 AM

"Replace it with a new unit:
M3 75mm Halftrack: an American made halftrack armed with a 75mm cannon"

i find it kinda funny that people still dont understand that noone is working on the game anymore. thats why brits got the m10 in the first place. copy pasta
14 Jun 2020, 09:45 AM

This is worse than even Incendiary rounds’ balance ideas on UKF. That’s quite the achievement.

You say that only because you're a steam troll.

I think its a great idea that should be extended to all other snares, ex: cons can use AT nade only with PTRS, volks and grens only with shrecks, rifles only with zooks etc.

I mean, it already works like that for penals and we all know how strong penal AT is.

It keeps muni expenditure balanced and allows dedicated squads!
14 Jun 2020, 09:50 AM

for all who dont know him (211 guests in the forum): katitof is being sarcastic
15 Jun 2020, 13:19 PM

Grens need a buff. Even with the LMG42, they are simply underperforming against any allied mainline infantry, and they are even locked behind a building.
15 Jun 2020, 13:24 PM

Grens need a buff. Even with the LMG42, they are simply underperforming against any allied mainline infantry, and they are even locked behind a building.

If you pay very close attention, you'll realize that grens are in a building with support units, the support units its supposed to build to support grens.

Grens are cheapest mainline infantry in game with cheapest upgrades and no side upgrades.
What do you expect from them?
They are cheapest squad in game with strongest support units, they are well supposed to perform worst of them all if you just ignore all the supporting units and spam them alone.
15 Jun 2020, 14:09 PM

Exactly, Ost mg and Ost sniper are both great, grens provide the glue to keep these units safe, they have the best snare after all. They also have quite a good nade, all for free.
15 Jun 2020, 14:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2020, 13:24 PMKatitof

If you pay very close attention, you'll realize that grens are in a building with support units, the support units its supposed to build to support grens.

Grens are cheapest mainline infantry in game with cheapest upgrades and no side upgrades.
What do you expect from them?
They are cheapest squad in game with strongest support units, they are well supposed to perform worst of them all if you just ignore all the supporting units and spam them alone.

Major is in a building with tanks, are you supposed to swap him with the tank crew?
everything in every tech of every faction is supposed to support your infantry, i dont get your point.

it may be true that grens are one of the cheaper infantry squads (240 mp) but thats only true the moment you build them. once you start reinforcing (30mp until t4) they get very expensive

and we both know that cheap upgrades aint the justification for being wiped most often compared to all other mainline infantries.

if their design was meant to interact with teamweapons, its kinda funny, that once you lose a model you lose your squad when recrewing them.
unlike osttruppen btw which are dirt cheap to reinforce
or even better: conscripts who can merge with weapon crews
looks like other squads were designed to fit that role better than grenadiers

truth is, they were designed to be an more elite counterpart to noumerous soviet infantry squads and not just cannonfodder for an army of snipers and mortars
15 Jun 2020, 18:01 PM

Add to all TD range indication, like OKW flakht have, it will be much easier to act.
16 Jun 2020, 03:16 AM

There is a reason why on most 1vs1 casting Ost usually 7/10 going for either ostruppen OR grenadier with 5 man doctrine.

Yeah I rather skip with the argue about Grenadier on forum, just saying from what I see on tightrope and pCast channel.
16 Jun 2020, 19:14 PM

I have a suggestion regarding Grand Offensive doctrine. Right now, if u ever lose the Tiger I, u can summon the Tiger II with no issues. This kinda ruins the heavy tank cooldown mechanic, which I actually think is a good idea. And yeah, I’ve seen that - and done that - in 1v1.

So, Tiger I and II in this doctrine should have shared cooldown.
16 Jun 2020, 19:23 PM

I have a suggestion regarding Grand Offensive doctrine. Right now, if u ever lose the Tiger I, u can summon the Tiger II with no issues. This kinda ruins the heavy tank cooldown mechanic, which I actually think is a good idea. And yeah, I’ve seen that - and done that - in 1v1.

So, Tiger I and II in this doctrine should have shared cooldown.

Huh I hadn't thought about that. While rare it does seem kinda silly that you can do that

But I wonder if its even possible to have them on shared cooldown?
16 Jun 2020, 22:18 PM

Huh I hadn't thought about that. While rare it does seem kinda silly that you can do that

But I wonder if its even possible to have them on shared cooldown?

I'd get around this if possible by having them built in HQ with a long build time instead of a long cooldown after call in.
16 Jun 2020, 22:28 PM

I'd get around this if possible by having them built in HQ with a long build time instead of a long cooldown after call in.

Ahh yup that would do it. I think I'd prefer that anyway, cause it would also effect the first one you build, not just replacements
16 Jun 2020, 23:27 PM

Would it not be possible to..perhaps..maybe.. look at making grens viable?
17 Jun 2020, 01:43 AM

Ahh yup that would do it. I think I'd prefer that anyway, cause it would also effect the first one you build, not just replacements

Also helps reduce the chance of skirting the limit via abandoned vehicles. If you have to Build a new one it's a lot harder to keep the abandoned one in control than just calling a new one in and recrewimg the first
17 Jun 2020, 06:29 AM

Please make for all TD and ATG "armor prioritize" by default.
17 Jun 2020, 07:50 AM

I personally really like the 'unpredictability' factor that the game has because of abandon mechanism and all crits for that matter. They all make the player, a commander in charge of some soldiers/crews who can, like in real war, behave unpredictably. Often mere luck plays role on the battlefield and the game conveys it nicely.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 550

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment