Login

russian armor

Balance Changes for Next Patch

12 Jun 2020, 04:53 AM

Permanently Banned
My suggestions:

UKF:

Sections moving acc from 50% to 25% OR change back to 280mp and revert moving acc to 35%. The balance team needs to look up the definition of STATIC INFANTRY. There's no reason to completely delete the weaknesses of the section. Their static performance is already amazing. Literally every Brit doc minus Advanced Cancer and Royal Engineers has some kind of CQC unit. So, I don't understand whoever said that sections need to be decent attackers as well.

Add 10-20 seconds to build time of AEC. If you ask for the reasoning of this one, you're an idiot.

USF:

M20 mp cost 320 -> 300. M20 skirts from 70 -> 40 munis. M20 is simply a UP unit atm. Cav rifle upgrade 70 -> 60 munis (inline with agren upgrade)

Ost:

5man grens should lose whatever RA bonuses they got from the upgrade. The 5man upgrade makes the 45 muni G43 obsolete. All grens should instead get something like 15% extra damage vs suppressed units.

ALL medkits need to have their application time removed (like OKW and UKF healing).

OKW:

Panzerfusiliers should not have a sight range upgrade with G43. To partially compensate, flares 45 -> 35 munis. Pfussies don't need to overlap with JLI utility. There's almost no reason to go for JLI since they don't have snares, 4man squad, come at CP 1 instead of 0, and don't have amazing moving DPS. The biggest reason to go JLI is for sight. The ambush bonus is not great since G43 pfusiliers have better DPS in ALL OTHER situations that aren't ambush. The crit ability is also less than great. The fact that G43 pfussies have 5 more sight AND flares means that JLI roles are extremely limited.

Increase raketen crew RA by 20%. It's too resistant to small arms after the 5man upgrade. Explosive dmg is the only way to kill it right now which makes them very difficult to decrew. The rak was given a double buff to survivability as +5 range is a defensive buff as much as it is an offensive one and extra man is self explanatory. The 4man rak suffered from being one shotted by explosive damage. Increased crew RA will not impact survival against explosive, however, it will largely negate the increased survivability vs small arms which is likely NOT intended and hence a side effect of decreasing the chance of being one-shotted.
12 Jun 2020, 05:11 AM

the ability to instantly kill a model with 60 health is over rated? That sure is a statement to undercut your position....
12 Jun 2020, 05:12 AM

Permanently Banned
the ability to instantly kill a model with 60 health is over rated? That sure is a statement to undercut your position....

Didn't they nerf the 75% crit ability?
MMX
12 Jun 2020, 05:27 AM

My suggestions: [...]

Don't agree to all suggestions, but most are at least quite reasonable.

ALL medkits need to have their application time removed (like OKW and UKF healing).

This would be a nice QOL change indeed and make medkits way less awkward to use.
12 Jun 2020, 07:18 AM

U forgot about non doc land matres but i agree with rest your suggestions
12 Jun 2020, 09:24 AM

Brit Assault officer should get a early game buff

I would nerf grens bonus at T4, just give it to ostruppen and increase cap to 25%

Right now five man gren is the best mainline in the game for minimal investment, meanwhile SVT cons cry in the corner
12 Jun 2020, 09:25 AM

Imagine thinking Sections need to be nerfed. Good meme.

Brit Assault officer should get a early game buff

Yeah 3min Commandos not good enough.
12 Jun 2020, 09:31 AM

Imagine thinking Sections need to be nerfed. Good meme.

Yeah 3min Commandos not good enough.

Actually you're wrong

Commandos can actually beat pgrens in a 1vs1, the officer loses to sturm pios early game
12 Jun 2020, 09:34 AM

Actually you're wrong

Commandos can actually beat pgrens in a 1vs1, the officer loses to sturm pios early game

I respect your opinion.

Even though it’s trash.
12 Jun 2020, 09:59 AM

I respect your opinion.

Even though it’s trash.

It's not an opinion when facts and stats are involved

It's a fact. Just like P4 beats a Stuart
12 Jun 2020, 10:04 AM

It's not an opinion when facts and stats are involved

It's a fact. Just like P4 beats a Stuart

https://clips.twitch.tv/HeartlessCautiousCucumberDancingBanana

https://clips.twitch.tv/HedonisticRockyDoveDxCat

WILL HE EVER RECOVER FROM THIS DESTRUCTION???
12 Jun 2020, 10:42 AM

12 Jun 2020, 11:22 AM

OKW:

Increase raketen crew RA by 20%. It's too resistant to small arms after the 5man upgrade. Explosive dmg is the only way to kill it right now which makes them very difficult to decrew. The rak was given a double buff to survivability as +5 range is a defensive buff as much as it is an offensive one and extra man is self explanatory. The 4man rak suffered from being one shotted by explosive damage. Increased crew RA will not impact survival against explosive, however, it will largely negate the increased survivability vs small arms which is likely NOT intended and hence a side effect of decreasing the chance of being one-shotted.

+1 the rak feels a little bit too durable atm. Overall i think most okw units are in a good spot(vet0). But there are 2 things that could be adjusted: The teching and the veterancy.

Problems i have with the okw veterancy:

a; Volksgrens
They scale fast but their vet 5 combat power is quite bad compared to riflemen, sections and even cons. Their vet 4 (+7 sight in cover) is pretty worthless. If we swap the vet 5 healing to vet4 and remove the sight bonus, we can give them an adequate vet 5 combat bonus (nothing major, 40% acc bonus like other inf and maybe target size to 0,70) so they can compete in the late game.

b; Obers
Nothing major, but if their timing stays the same, they could benefit from a reduced dmg veterancy like grens. So they get a little nerf vs small arms fire and on the other hand more durable vs rocket arty and tanks. Seems reasonable for a t4 unit, who has zero at capabilities.

c; Panther
The vet 2 armor bonus is mediocre. The armor goes from 260 to 286. The chance for a jackson at far range to penetrate a vet 0 and vet2 panther goes from 85% to 77%. That makes a panther around 10% more durable. Meh. Imo either buff it to 15/20% or just remove it and replace it with something like moving acc or +40 dmg.

d; Flak HT
I think the unit needs a hp buff from veterancy (like 222 or M15A1 AA Half-track), maybe remove the vet 3 or vet4 boni for that.

e; 7.5cm le.IG 18 Infantry Support Gun
Swap vet4/5 with vet 2. Getting two smoke range buffs in a row feels bad. The vet 2 unit performs like a freshly built vet 0.

f; Tiger B 'Königstiger'
Getting the reload bonus at vet 5 is too late. Just move it to vet 3 and give the kt something other at vet 5 (like churchills self repair).

With these changes Battlegroup would get some nice buffs, obers would be more viable, and Okw overall would scale a little bit better into the late game.
13 Jun 2020, 20:37 PM

Permanently Banned
Royal Engineers: HEAT Grenade Ability requires the squad to be equipped with any AT weapon. (I do emphasize the ANY part)

AT weapons include PIATs, Panzerchrecks, Bazookas, PTRS-41 AT rifles, etc. The squad only needs at least one of them equipped.

M36 Jackson: Health reduced from 640 to 560 and cost reduced to 380MP and 140 Fuel. The vehicle returns to its support role but is not as fragile as it was before its health and cost were increased.

M26 Pershing: Veterancy 1 Improved Acceleration replaced with Vehicle Self-Repair. Consumes 45 munitions but automatically slowly repairs the vehicle for 15 seconds, weapons and movement are disabled for the duration. Improves survivability somewhat.

M10 "Achilles" TD: I find kinda pointless as the AEC Mk. III Armored Car fills roughly the same role and can be a threat to heavy tanks under the right circumstances. Replace it with a new unit:
M3 75mm Halftrack: an American made halftrack armed with a 75mm cannon. The British counterpart to the Soviet SU-76M, its cannon has good range and penetration and a fairly low reload time and can fire light artillery barrages at the enemy.
13 Jun 2020, 20:44 PM

Add 10-20 seconds to build time of AEC. If you ask for the reasoning of this one, you're an idiot.

I agree with your suggestion. I hope you get banned because of your attitude :)
13 Jun 2020, 22:14 PM

Basic Infantry should have decent moving accuracy. Part of their job is assaulting positions, and moving accuracy is a necessary function of that.

If you want to nerf IS either go after the cover bonus or the 5th man, but this idea that Brits should never be able to attack needs to die.
14 Jun 2020, 02:45 AM

I meant OKW P4

Yeah ok.

Most of those were rear shots and okw p4 has less rear armor so the outcomes would've been the same.
14 Jun 2020, 03:20 AM

Basic Infantry should have decent moving accuracy. Part of their job is assaulting positions, and moving accuracy is a necessary function of that.

If you want to nerf IS either go after the cover bonus or the 5th man, but this idea that Brits should never be able to attack needs to die.

Sections perform significantly better than other mainline infantry when in stationary cover positions. The problem currently is that are excellent when stationary and decent on the move. This makes them very hard to counter and makes Section spam very popular. Another reason why bren guns are not used that often
14 Jun 2020, 06:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2020, 02:45 AMKoRneY

Yeah ok.

Most of those were rear shots and okw p4 has less rear armor so the outcomes would've been the same.

i didnt know okw p4 has rear armor. noob shock. i thought they were same, just okw starts with skirts because it came later

yeah what is the point of okw p4?

14 Jun 2020, 07:18 AM

1. Remove all off-map "recon flares" (UKF, OKW, etc.) and replace them with recon planes. Flares have no counterplay, and just aren't interesting. I'd even argue for removing on-map flares (Sov mortar, etc.), but that's another discussion.

2. Tommy Bren LMG "Ready Aim" times increased - I'd probably match them to the Guard DP28's times. This makes them a little less "mobile" as it takes longer for them to turn, setup up, etc. This also makes flanking more powerful. I'd also lower base moving Accuracy to at least 40% (from 50%).

3. Increase sturmtiger range by 5, to compensate for its low projectile arc (it hits the ground a lot) and incredibly obvious wind up animation (and lack of turret) when compared to the AVRE.

4. T34 "RAM" re-worked. Firstly, snares/stuns/mines/etc. need to cancel it while "ramming". Secondly, either the "wind up" time (when it revs its engine) needs to be increased, or the max range needs to be decreased (or a combination of both). Thirdly, what it does on impact needs to be made consistent; no more RNG engine/weapon/crew damage.

5. Mortar pit re-worked. Firstly, the mortars need to be forced to fire in 'alternating' pattern; one fires, then half-way through reloading, the other fires. This makes the damage consistent, and also prevents both mortars from hitting at the same time, insta-wiping squads from full HP. Secondly, the 'auto-fire' range needs to be decreased to either 75 (USF Mortar) or 80 (all others). This would make the pit much less of a "set and forget" unit, as it would need micro to perform at its best. To compensate for this, a clone of Ost's "Counter-barrage" could be added to vet 1; this would give it back its 90 auto-fire range, but it would ONLY auto-fire at other artillery. Additionally, turning counter-barrage off should put a ~5s cooldown on barrage and smoke (to prevent spam).

6. OKW Flak-HT given "AP Rounds" toggle ability. The intention is to make med-truck builds more viable, as the Flak-HT could provide moderate AT support against the inevitable 'LV play'. The AP rounds would have a toggle time (a few seconds), and the ability as a whole would need to be on a cooldown to prevent spam (once toggled, it can't switch back for 20s). The AP rounds should have zero AoE, so they're useless against infantry, but moderate penetration values (50/60/70, far/mid/close). Since the Flak-HT can't fire on the move, it would be a purely defensive buff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 4
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment