Login

russian armor

OKW infantery is Insane

10 Jun 2020, 11:38 AM

Just go SVT cons. Vet3 SVT cons Wreck vet5 stg volks at every range.
10 Jun 2020, 11:53 AM

Just go SVT cons. Vet3 SVT cons Wreck vet5 stg volks at every range.

This is bad advice

You'll just end up feeding vet obers, the real counter is t70
10 Jun 2020, 12:28 PM

This is bad advice

You'll just end up feeding vet obers, the real counter is t70

But OKW used to craft a Rakenten so fast, do you really think it's a good deal ?

In general I am do T34 + Zig and it's not bad at all.
10 Jun 2020, 13:27 PM

I would suggested stay in cover try spamming conscripts. OKW can get oppressive at early but they run out of steam once they have to tech.

Once you stabilized the front start teching.
10 Jun 2020, 18:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

C:User\xxx\Documents\MyGames\company of heroes 2\playback

Last replay is always saved as temp.rec if you don't specifically saved the file with another name.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/upload

The most common way to play soviets nowadays on teamgames is using Conscripts. So basically you have either:

T1 route: 2 CE (flamer) into 2/3 Penals or mixing it up with Sniper/Clowncar. The problem with this is the finesse you need with either sniper or the short window of opportunity when using clowncar*. While you might have a slight edge early on combat wise if you fight 1on1 squads and while since you play teamgames you won't be lacking on capping power, it lacks the scaling and adaptability of T2. You will want a fast T70 100% of the time as you are saving some resources since you are skipping the conscript AT package and mollies. If your build timing and micro is not on point, i wouldn't recommend it.

*The windows is short. At 3:30 you generally get the muni and build time for a flamer. Generally an OKW player would had set up a truck by 5:00. While you can risk it against OH against lone squad, you will end up wasting most of the time repairing. Plus nowadays most go fast T2 with 222.

The builds you mention early lacks squads builds early on. I wouldn't recommend a maxim so early. So fixing it would be:

-4x Conscripts. Bread and butter nowadays. Then you transition into T2 with a Zis gun to hold till T3 is up and you can deploy a T70.

-3x Cons 2x CE with flamers.

In either case, if you don't feel confident in using T3, i guess you could go from that point onward with either a usage of doctrinal infantry (Guard/Shocks) or a heavier more defensive approach with maxims n mortars.

The soviets midgame is weak and relies on the power of the T70 AI to recover any ground lost by the enemies lights which are arriving quite faster.
If you can deal with them fine during the midgame and go for either a fast T34/Katyusha (if you don't fear a fast medium from them) go for it.

PD: spam sandbags.
11 Jun 2020, 22:13 PM

Hello,

I am back. thx for all your reply

For instance during this game during the beginning OKW with PF have been so oppresive : what should I do ?

https://www.coh2.org/replay/105745/okw-infantery-is-insane

And for further, if you know what I did wrong during the game to loose it can help me ;)
11 Jun 2020, 22:24 PM

Hello,

I am back. thx for all your reply

For instance during this game during the beginning OKW with PF have been so oppresive : what should I do ?

https://www.coh2.org/replay/105745/okw-infantery-is-insane

And for further, if you know what I did wrong during the game to loose it can help me ;)

I don't even need to watch it, but I know what do you mean.

2 options - meta and non meta for me.

Meta option is combined tactics for guards doc, BO is 3 cons, t2, maxim, medics, guards, replace each lost con with more guards, but don't spam them, skip T3 vehicles, go straight for T4, upgrade 7th men on cons and get KV-1.

Cap whatever you can and fall back to maxim position when he pushes, make sure maxim is always behind cover otherwise it'll be sniped, because its bad at its job.

Once you vet up, YOU will have advantage, even at long range, blobbers like that rarely get LV, so don't worry about it and if you do, well, you have guards. Late game your inf + planes will fend off any blob.

Non meta option - use NKVD doc and use his propaganda arty in anticipation while soft retreating so it hits the blob before it does too much dmg to your units, use any commander with propaganda arty or just use DSHK. BO is roughly the same, just ZiS instead of guards and maybe 2nd maxim.

In both, get katiusha later on.

That's how I'd do it.
12 Jun 2020, 10:55 AM

And what can i do against spam Falls ?
12 Jun 2020, 13:09 PM

t70, supression, shocktroops
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L