Login

russian armor

Adjusted commander portraits

27 Jun 2020, 14:29 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

...we couldn't decide on which version of Grand Offesive commander should be used, that's why we post two variants - with original angle and adjusted one (match with other commanders)...

27 Jun 2020, 15:45 PM

27 Jun 2020, 16:16 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Fucking awesome job yet again! Great stuff!
27 Jun 2020, 16:24 PM

Top one looks better.
27 Jun 2020, 16:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2020, 14:29 PMKasarov

Pick the top one. He looks at the horizon with worry of Germany being swarmed by allied armies. The bottom one has 80 IQ crosseye stare. Actually I think I like the bottom one too.

Special Operations commander is quite Hitlerish.

Overall new portraits are pretty good, but I never considered old ones to be bad tbh.
27 Jun 2020, 16:36 PM

I like the top one better. It fits in with all the other ones.
So are these going to be in an offical update or something?
27 Jun 2020, 17:15 PM

It's sad you can't touch or change the faces (it would be cool to see USF urban assault commander have an African American face), but good work .

I think relic would be open to it if you asked, especially as there are unused assets for African American RETS in the game files.
27 Jun 2020, 17:26 PM

It's sad you can't touch or change the faces (it would be cool to see USF urban assault commander have an African American face), but good work .

I think relic would be open to it if you asked, especially as there are unused assets for African American RETS in the game files.

Black commander ? Dude pls
Rembemer what happend with bf5? One big political correctness.
This is why i dont want coh3
27 Jun 2020, 17:29 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Outstanding work!

As promised, all locations to increase the chances of getting this in the live game. The formatting is not ideal, but I didn't know how to improve it.

27 Jun 2020, 19:48 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Outstanding work!

As promised, all locations to increase the chances of getting this in the live game. The formatting is not ideal, but I didn't know how to improve it.

Thank you, Sneak!
27 Jun 2020, 20:21 PM

The only one I don't like is the UK Lend-Lease commander; he's far too dark-skinned. I know it could just be sweat or dirt, but he looks like an Arab.
28 Jun 2020, 01:55 AM

Black commander ? Dude pls
Rembemer what happend with bf5? One big political correctness.
This is why i dont want coh3

I'm not calling for BF5 black Nazis or robot arms. Actually I agree with you that game was a mess.

But one themed RET commander wouldn't be out of place. Think of like Soviet industry. I think CoH2 has done it great so far, keeping females as snipers or tank drivers etc. This is historically accurate and also shuts up the sjw type people.
6 Jul 2020, 15:17 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Update for Red Army Commanders. Our special thanks goes to RitaRush for assets and Crecer13 for recommendations and ideas!

Guards Commanders

We add poncho with camo for commanders with Ambush Tactics to highlight this ability. Also, some commanders got black collar tabs and officer hats to highlight their nature as armor commanders. On top of that, we updated Lend Lease and he became a full member of guards commanders! In the end, combined arms commander got adjusted face, this change was based on feedback.

Shocktroops Commanders

We add minor separation, based on available equipment. Late war commanders got 1943 uniform, and early war commanders got new 1935 uniform. As with guards, some commanders got black officer hats as armor commanders.

NKVD commanders

Both got collar tabs and new uniform, based on soviet 1935 uniform.

Conscripts and infantry support commanders

These commanders got 1943 uniform and conscript support commanders got unique uniform, based on winter infantry uniform. Special thanks goes to RitaRush for it.

Unique commanders

We adjusted the industry commander. Now it has proper collar tabs and location.

Not touched commanders

Partisans Tactics
Isakovich
Armored Assault Tactics
Tank Hutner Tactics
7 Jul 2020, 08:41 AM

These are very cool, I especially like the new poncho's and the black touches for the armoured commanders.
7 Jul 2020, 09:06 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

These are very cool, I especially like the new poncho's and the black touches for the armoured commanders.

Thank you, it was suggestions from Crecer13, who gave us a lot of information to work with.

Now soviet commanders are more or less historicaly correct and we can make the final push with Ostheer to finish this project. Unless some feedback about OKS/USF/UKF will appear :D
7 Jul 2020, 09:56 AM

I personally don't really like the new spec ops portrait all that much. Maybe it's because I never thought of him as an SS guy, but that's just me. I also think the faces of the ukf lend lease, ost strategic reserves and usf urban assault still look kinda weird. Maybe you could kinda redraw the faces like you did with grand offensive? Other than that i really like the new changes. The changes to soviets and ostheer are a massive improvement imo.
7 Jul 2020, 10:09 AM

Great work, just a few notes as far as I know :

German Parkas where reversible with one side camo and the other usually white.

UKF army officer where not allowed to grow beards and that is something they would try to keep even in very difficult circumstances.
7 Jul 2020, 11:21 AM

23333333333,GJ lao tie
7 Jul 2020, 11:22 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2020, 10:09 AMVipper
UKF army officer where not allowed to grow beards and that is something they would try to keep even in very difficult circumstances.

It is to drastical change to the face. Probably not gonna happen.
7 Jul 2020, 11:39 AM

It is to drastical change to the face. Probably not gonna happen.

I suspected you would run into some resistance from Relic.

A solution would be to simply remove the beard since sideburns and mustaches are allowed.

Te thing is that in UK army officer are extremely important and they are specially trained to lead by example and follow rules and regulations. The chances of an UK officer growing a beard against army regulations would probably be the lowest among most armies that took part in WWII.

I do keep in mind that is not actually up to you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★