Login

russian armor

Inconsistency vehicle snares

29 May 2020, 16:40 PM

I talked about Ostheer and you talk about OKW?
he relalized how wrong he was about osther so he is just ignoring any other argument that might make him seem biased, just the same stuff, says, lie, ignore proofs, says axis is op , rinse and repeat
29 May 2020, 23:40 PM

yeah..why not give them 4 handheld AT weapon too?

Yeah, because that is totally what I said. Oh wait, its ullumulu and he doesn't use logic and have brain cells.
30 May 2020, 02:21 AM

Axis shorter cooldown recharge is a total non-issue.

If we are going to talk about snare inconsistency, it's stuff like the UKF sapper HEAT grenade that needs looking at:

...both rifle grenades have a wind up time of 0.75 seconds. I'm also probably correct in thinking the ready aim time of 2 seconds and the aim time of 0.125 seconds are included. In any case they have the same times involved pre-firing. These times seem about right to me and cement them as the slowest snares.

For reference, ostheer panzerfaust has 0.125 in both aim times (no post firing aim time) and a wind up of 1.53 seconds (and 1.2 wind down). I assume the OKW panzerfaust is the same but it wouldn't be too surprising if it was different (there are a number of other differences between them that I remember.) Conscript AT nade has the same aim values and a 0.125 wind up time (0.75 wind down) giving it the fastest reaction. Curiously the british HEAT grenade has much higher aim times and wind up / down times. (1-0.5s aim times, 0.25 wind up, 0.75 wind down) Penal AT charge has the same 0.125 aim times but a longer wind up of 0.75 (same as wind down)

There are actually some pretty big differences between the two rifle nade snares that I'm also not sure are actually active or relevant. For example, the PF rifle nade has a much smaller tracking cone (2 to 15) and the riflemen rifle nade has a very long post firing aim time (1.5 to 0.25)

No reason at all why they should have a much higher aim time than every other at grenade in the game.
30 May 2020, 05:06 AM

I talked about Ostheer and you talk about OKW?

Because according to your logic Ostheer can't cope vs LV with regular snare range

Yet as I and others have pointed out OKW have less options to deal with UC and similar early LV yet have no extra snare bonus.

So why exactly should ost not be brought into line?

As said they already have Inc rounds/teller/regular fausts to deal with a wasp or m3 before 222 hits. The four man argument just doesn't hold water when grens are arguably better early game than pfuss.

German infantry man doctrine is basically broken in 1s with all the buffs and perks grens have kept.
30 May 2020, 07:00 AM

Okw literally has a t0 at gun... How the fuck do they have less options for killing a uc aside from choosing to let the uc carry on?
30 May 2020, 08:07 AM

As said they already have Inc rounds/teller/regular fausts to deal with a wasp or m3 before 222 hits. The four man argument just doesn't hold water when grens are arguably better early game than pfuss.

Those options are all highly superficial. Ostheer realistically has no munitions for Tellers in the first 0-7 minutes, the HMG 42 generally does not get to vet 1 within that time, and a properly microed Vickers UC is already extremely hard to faust as is.

Ostheer as a faction are more vulnerable to all light vehicles compared to other factions, because they don't have a stock light AT vehicle, and their snare infantry is considerably less durable and more expensive to reinforce. Grens have better fausts for good reason and that's not going away.
30 May 2020, 08:58 AM

...a properly microed Vickers UC is already extremely hard to faust as is.

that argument can u copy paste for every unit/ability in the game.

Ostheer realistically has no munitions for Tellers in the first 0-7 minutes

when UKF has 60 munitions to upgrade to vicker's then u have 50 mun for a teller or you did something wrong.

Grens have better fausts for good reason and that's not going away.

i guess the only reason for the higher range is that the developer would make look the snare more realistic, a faust can fly longer as an hand thrown at nade, but nobody questioned so far why is it higher and has a 100% lesser recharge time then all its allies counterpart. That Osttruppen hast the same stats proof that argument, that nobody questioned this.

30 May 2020, 09:27 AM

Because according to your logic Ostheer can't cope vs LV with regular snare range

Yet as I and others have pointed out OKW have less options to deal with UC and similar early LV yet have no extra snare bonus.

So why exactly should ost not be brought into line?

German infantry man doctrine is basically broken in 1s with all the buffs and perks grens have kept.

So you're comparing a defensiv minded faction with no LT and an AT available in T2 to a faction with cheeper AT available in T0 and a non-doc puma?

Plus those faction doesn't work the same way at all.

Plus:
-Inc rounds: Vet 1 ability on static weapon which does no damage on LT
-teller: Do I really need to explain why mine are really situational and map dependant?
-regular fausts: a faction well-known to have hard time countering LT with the current faust and you want to nerf it for the sake of "making it in line with ally factions because it is how work an assymetrical game after all"

Getting hit twice by the same section, whether it was an Ostruppen or a Gren, is your fault, since both are weak section which shouldn't be able to rush a tank. Plus neither of them have access to sprint ability unlike cons with "urah".

And stop trying to argue that a unit is OP thanks to a doctrine, that's as stupid as saying "cons AT nades are fcking OP because the volley of the TANK-HUNTER commander do to much damages"

And for those who think that grens and Ostruppen are not weak sections, let's make a quick comparison:

Grenadier Target size: 0.91 Infantry Section Target size: 0.8
Grenadier vet 3 Target size: 0.7 Infantry Section Vet 3 Target size: 0.62

(and they have acces to Bolster non-doc and keep their 2 weapons slot)

Ostruppen Target size: 1.25 Conscript Target size: 1.09
Ostruppen vet 3 Target size: 0.89 Conscript vet 3 Target size: 0.71

Data from: https://coh2db.com/stats/#70
30 May 2020, 09:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2020, 08:58 AMmadin2

i guess the only reason for the higher range is that the developer would make look the snare more realistic, a faust can fly longer as an hand thrown at nade, but nobody questioned so far why is it higher and has a 100% lesser recharge time then all its allies counterpart. That Osttruppen hast the same stats proof that argument, that nobody questioned this.

UKF have AEC, piats
SU have cons with "urah"+AT nade, PTRS penals with sticky satchel, AT gun in T1 (Guards with DP)
USF have either, zooks without the weapon rack on their lieutenant, cheep AT, weapon racks (Rangers zooks)

And all 3 have good LT and 60 range non-doc TD, I don't see any situation where they don't have a viable AT option available.
30 May 2020, 09:56 AM

And all 3 have good LT and 60 range non-doc TD, I don't see any situation where they don't have a viable AT option available.

That was not to be questioned
30 May 2020, 10:06 AM

nope - ost has a really serious problem with no counters to light vehicles. To get a pak they need to tech and build, usually, two buildings in the process. Then they spend 320 manpower to get it and are very likely to be at a huge manpower disadvantage in infantry department. Pak itself can be easily avoided or more likely to get decrewed by infantry. A hit vehicle often just absorbs a shot and self repairs. During this time they have only the faust to counter lights. Even when they do that the vehicle is very likely to escape form a faust plus pak combo. Basically ost player's micro must be better than allied player micro to pull it off. In the meantime a well microed light will be bleeding manpower from ost like crazy. Tbh you are going in a direction that is very likely to completely debalance the game. IMO you should try to play ostheer for some time - it will help you a) to understand them and b) to win against them using their weaknesses. If you don't play the opposite army with some success you will be stuck with your favourite army on your level and won't advance in rankings. Making fausts weaker will not help that.

when UKF has 60 munitions to upgrade to vicker's then u have 50 mun for a teller or you did something wrong.

This is completely wrong. To get the healing you need 60 munitions. Ostheer has a problem with munitions in general because grens without upgrades can't really compete with allied infantry. And tellers can become a great munitions sink as they are easily detected and can be shot at and detonated. Again - if you are playing against a player with better micro you will probably lose but on equal skill level you can roll over ostheer quite easily.

I feel it was more connected with 4 men squads and no light vehicle to counter lights in the lineup.
30 May 2020, 10:08 AM

Not every other vehicle or ability in the game can bleed a faction dry in the first 5-7 minutes of the game with no effective counter. The UC vs Ostheer matchup is quite unique in that regard.

Ostheer needs munitions for the medic bunker and for LMGs or their Grens just get annihilated by Infantry Sections. Ostheer is well known for having a very tough early game munitions economy, and planting a Teller with a small chance to kill a UC is a risk Ostheer generally just can not make. Do you even play Ostheer?
30 May 2020, 11:37 AM

Ostheer needs munitions for the medic bunker and for LMGs or their Grens just get annihilated by Infantry Sections. Ostheer is well known for having a very tough early game munitions economy, and planting a Teller with a small chance to kill a UC is a risk Ostheer generally just can not make. Do you even play Ostheer?

And other faction need their munitions also for upgrades heal on IS cost 30 for each squad bren cost munition bar cost munition...
thats all balanced by it self.
And yes i play all factions.

Not every other vehicle or ability in the game can bleed a faction dry in the first 5-7 minutes of the game with no effective counter. The UC vs Ostheer matchup is quite unique in that regard.

Wrong, Soviet have their clown car which can do the same, Ost has the Osttruppen sniper start against UKF that u just cant counter in early game if its well microed.
Then there are several Commanders with the "ost clowncar", OKW has their 221, USF the jeep.
Even with Kübelwagen u can bleed your enemy in the early if your micro is good.
30 May 2020, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2020, 11:37 AMmadin2

Then there are several Commanders with the "ost clowncar", OKW has their 221, USF the jeep.
Even with Kübelwagen u can bleed your enemy in the early if your micro is good.

You seriously are having problems against a Kübel?
30 May 2020, 12:06 PM

You seriously are having problems against a Kübel?

no that was just an example that u can be bleed an enemy hard if your micro is godlike
that this count for every unit and not just for uc
30 May 2020, 16:55 PM

The fact is there is no reason aside from "the sake a making it in line with allies" to nerf the Panzerfaust.

But there is plenty to keep it as it is.
30 May 2020, 17:23 PM

I dont know man.. Maybe you should try to play some Axisfirst, just like the others recommended. Things look very different when using the "problem" on your own.
I'm having a hard time with a lot of allied stuff, i dont play pvp with them yet as i still struggle against expert bots on open maps with every allied faction.

When i get over this "training", unfair disadvantages look very different afterwards.
30 May 2020, 19:46 PM

I dont know man.. Maybe you should try to play some Axisfirst, just like the others recommended. Things look very different when using the "problem" on your own.
I'm having a hard time with a lot of allied stuff, i dont play pvp with them yet as i still struggle against expert bots on open maps with every allied faction.

When i get over this "training", unfair disadvantages look very different afterwards.

lol?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight