28 Jan 2020, 07:58 AM

Cast ranges are:
- Pfussie AT grenade 18 (22,5 at vet 2);
- Volks Panzerfaust 15;
- Gren Panzerfaust 18;
- Riflemen AT grenade 15;
- Conscripts AT grenade 15;
- Sappers HEAT grenade 15.

Someone forget a nondoc sprint for the cons...which means you have better snare chance in many situations. So it is fair for panzerfu ..as a docunit ...to have better range...

THIS SHOULDNT BE FORGET .
28 Jan 2020, 19:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

They get it later but remember what that vet 5 does for PF?
28 Jan 2020, 21:35 PM

I always feel PF's snare's animation is longer than others'.

Does anyone has the data of the animations?
28 Jan 2020, 21:43 PM

I always feel PF's snare's animation is longer than others'.

Does anyone has the data of the animations?

Look at opening post? :loco:
28 Jan 2020, 22:01 PM

Look at opening post? :loco:

No one mentioned the length of snare animation here, but it matters. The longer the animation, the higher the chance players are forced to cancel snare during the animation.
28 Jan 2020, 22:04 PM

No one mentioned the length of snare animation here, but it matters. The longer the animation, the higher the chance players are forced to cancel snare during the animation.

I imagine it is the same as the Riflemen AT rifle grenade animation, but I couldn't give you any hard numbers. I'll check later when I get home. Honestly all the snares in this game seem to take the same amount of time to 'fire', with maybe a slight edge given to satchel-typle snare animations. Maybe ~2 seconds.
28 Jan 2020, 22:08 PM

This is a simple case of miscommunication he is talking meters (length) and you are talking time.

AT rifle-grenades take longer to fire than other snares and also have minimum range (as far as i can remember).
28 Jan 2020, 22:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

IIRC the G43 PF doesn't seem to have an animation at all.
29 Jan 2020, 01:43 AM

IIRC the G43 PF doesn't seem to have an animation at all.

IIRC both it and the riflemen AT rifle grenade animations are bugged and often don't play out (the soldier just kind of stays stuck in this crouching fire position) but the delay is still there.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2020, 22:08 PMVipper
AT rifle-grenades take longer to fire than other snares and also have minimum range (as far as i can remember).

I don't know about the PF rifle nade but I know the Riflemen one doesn't have a minimum range (anymore?)

EDIT: Btw, both rifle grenades have a wind up time of 0.75 seconds. I'm also probably correct in thinking the ready aim time of 2 seconds and the aim time of 0.125 seconds are included. In any case they have the same times involved pre-firing. These times seem about right to me and cement them as the slowest snares.

For reference, ostheer panzerfaust has 0.125 in both aim times (no post firing aim time) and a wind up of 1.53 seconds (and 1.2 wind down). I assume the OKW panzerfaust is the same but it wouldn't be too surprising if it was different (there are a number of other differences between them that I remember.) Conscript AT nade has the same aim values and a 0.125 wind up time (0.75 wind down) giving it the fastest reaction. Curiously the british HEAT grenade has much higher aim times and wind up / down times. (1-0.5s aim times, 0.25 wind up, 0.75 wind down) Penal AT charge has the same 0.125 aim times but a longer wind up of 0.75 (same as wind down)

There are actually some pretty big differences between the two rifle nade snares that I'm also not sure are actually active or relevant. For example, the PF rifle nade has a much smaller tracking cone (2 to 15) and the riflemen rifle nade has a very long post firing aim time (1.5 to 0.25)
29 Jan 2020, 03:35 AM

Cast ranges are:
- Pfussie AT grenade 18 (22,5 at vet 2);
- Volks Panzerfaust 15;
- Gren Panzerfaust 18;
- Riflemen AT grenade 15;
- Conscripts AT grenade 15;
- Sappers HEAT grenade 15.

Someone forget a nondoc sprint for the cons...which means you have better snare chance in many situations. So it is fair for panzerfu ..as a docunit ...to have better range...

THIS SHOULDNT BE FORGET .

That's the sprint that costs 20mu bringing the total mu cost up to 45 to use the snare that costs an extra 100mp and 10fu right?
So just to make sure that we are on the same paying 340mp,10fu and 45mu to have the unit, the snare, the snare unlock and the sprint.

I totally agree that justifies fussies having longer range on their no unlock 25mu snare....

I reckon that means rifles snare should be better right? Since they can't sprint and dont come out of the box with their snare? Upgrades are comparable too actually. I'm glad you pointed out how underpowered usf snare is compared to the axis version, very out of character for you but it's a good look. Keep it up!

I motion to support ullumulus proposal to buff the rifle snare to at least 22.5 range out of the box
29 Jan 2020, 03:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2020, 22:08 PMVipper

I agree they take longer to fire but they don't have a minimum range anymore

From Dec19th patch, 2017:
  • Rifleman/Panzerfusilier AT rifle grenades no longer have a minimum range requirement
29 Jan 2020, 10:03 AM

I agree they take longer to fire but they don't have a minimum range anymore

From Dec19th patch, 2017:
  • Rifleman/Panzerfusilier AT rifle grenades no longer have a minimum range requirement

thank you for clarifying.
29 Jan 2020, 10:12 AM

If any snares to look at, its grens!
Since it's already lock behind tech.
But the critical problem is the faust needs line sight, you may end up missing or have too long load times.

I guess a reason why t70 can dominate as much
11 Feb 2020, 12:19 PM

So is the balance team looking into the Panzerfüssilier snare range or not? It seems pretty much common sense amongst decent players that the veterancy buff should be removed.

Same should go IMO for Riflemen as well, they don't need extra snare range either. It's a complete joke that Riflemen end up with more range on their snare than Grenadiers.
11 Feb 2020, 15:25 PM

The vet snare range is pretty nuts, I'd be all for keeping the good stock range but removing the vet bonus.
11 Feb 2020, 16:14 PM

Speaking of the AT grenades, can we fix the damn animation for PanzerFuz and Riflemen? Is it possible to have same animations as Cons for these two units?
11 Feb 2020, 21:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2020, 15:25 PMSerrith
The vet snare range is pretty nuts, I'd be all for keeping the good stock range but removing the vet bonus.

I'd say the inverse actually. Reduce the range but keep the vet increase. Grens earn theirs by being a 4 man squad and there being no other option. Fussies having gren range without gren weaknesses makes em a bit too attractive imo
11 Feb 2020, 22:52 PM

IIRC both it and the riflemen AT rifle grenade animations are bugged and often don't play out (the soldier just kind of stays stuck in this crouching fire position) but the delay is still there.

I don't know about the PF rifle nade but I know the Riflemen one doesn't have a minimum range (anymore?)

EDIT: Btw, both rifle grenades have a wind up time of 0.75 seconds. I'm also probably correct in thinking the ready aim time of 2 seconds and the aim time of 0.125 seconds are included. In any case they have the same times involved pre-firing. These times seem about right to me and cement them as the slowest snares.

For reference, ostheer panzerfaust has 0.125 in both aim times (no post firing aim time) and a wind up of 1.53 seconds (and 1.2 wind down). I assume the OKW panzerfaust is the same but it wouldn't be too surprising if it was different (there are a number of other differences between them that I remember.) Conscript AT nade has the same aim values and a 0.125 wind up time (0.75 wind down) giving it the fastest reaction. Curiously the british HEAT grenade has much higher aim times and wind up / down times. (1-0.5s aim times, 0.25 wind up, 0.75 wind down) Penal AT charge has the same 0.125 aim times but a longer wind up of 0.75 (same as wind down)

There are actually some pretty big differences between the two rifle nade snares that I'm also not sure are actually active or relevant. For example, the PF rifle nade has a much smaller tracking cone (2 to 15) and the riflemen rifle nade has a very long post firing aim time (1.5 to 0.25)

the tracking cone thing might be the reason while it takes longer to fire, if a vehicle gets out of the tracking cone the soldier seems to repositon, cousing extra time. Once lost a pfussi to a clown car becouse of that(the guy just woudnt fire the snare). I agree with nerfing the range, but if one does so these numbers need to be standartized
12 Feb 2020, 03:52 AM

I'd say the inverse actually. Reduce the range but keep the vet increase. Grens earn theirs by being a 4 man squad and there being no other option. Fussies having gren range without gren weaknesses makes em a bit too attractive imo

I dont like the idea of critical unit utility being locked behind vet(though combat performance is fine). If a long range snare is meant to be the selling point of fusiliers, you shouldn't have to wait till vet 2 to get it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★