Login

russian armor

All faction balance change proposal

20 May 2020, 01:16 AM

Hi All,

I am a 3000+ hours coh2 player and play all 4 factions. My rank is top 80 on all factions, I normally don't post but there is sth I would like to point out to improve the gameplay experience, let me know what do you think of it, thanks.

1.Soviet-

Currently, Soviet had hard time when playing against ostheer strategy (Ostrupen + fast flame halftrack).
Especially, when you opponent go to your cut off and further delay your teching as flame halftrack is quite good at map control, Kiting and forcing off your infantry quite easily.

So I am proposing:
  • Reduce soviet T3 fuel cost to 50, but only unlock halftrack. To unlock t70 and su76, you will need to research for additional 35 fuel similar to the one in USF.

As a Soviet player, I find IL2 anti tank rocket Strafing is quite powerful against Axis tanks, one Strafing to take out enemy tank can happen quite often if ramed by t34.

So I am proposing:
  • Reduce the munition cost of rocket Strafing to 60, but reduce the number of rockets Strafing from 4 to 2.

2.Ostheer-

As a Ostheer player, I feel teller mine is too punishing for opponent light armor rushing.

So I am proposing:
  • Reduce the munition cost of teller mine by half, reduce its damage by half. If player still want to mine to one hit light armor, they can still put down 2 mines next to each other for same result with same munition cost.

As a Ostheer player, I find Grenadier is in a awkard spot due to its squad size.

So I am proposing:
  • Medkit is no longer ver ability and heal injured squads within the range like the one in UKF. at least, give them a way to stay longer on the field.

3.UKF
As a UKF player, I find Valetine is a quite good, its AI and AT capability is outstanding and it is not snared by first faust if full health. from my perspective, I find Valetine just slightly weaker version of Cromwell, making opponent hard to counter especially team it with AEC.

So I am proposing:
  • Make it snared by faust even in full health.

4. USF, OKW
Nothing in mind at the moemnt.

20 May 2020, 01:56 AM

Soviet T3 change is interesting.
MMX
20 May 2020, 04:18 AM

Soviet T3 change is interesting.

thought the same... maybe even part of the t3 mp cost could be transfered to the unlock. that way the ht could hit the field quite a bit sooner than the t70 and make up for its inferior durability and firepower with a larger window of opportunity.
20 May 2020, 07:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2020, 01:16 AMnwglfls
Hi All,

I am a 3000+ hours coh2 player and play all 4 factions. My rank is top 80 on all factions, I normally don't post but there is sth I would like to point out to improve the gameplay experience, let me know what do you think of it, thanks.

1.Soviet-

Currently, Soviet had hard time when playing against ostheer strategy (Ostrupen + fast flame halftrack).
Especially, when you opponent go to your cut off and further delay your teching as flame halftrack is quite good at map control, Kiting and forcing off your infantry quite easily.

So I am proposing:
  • Reduce soviet T3 fuel cost to 50, but only unlock halftrack. To unlock t70 and su76, you will need to research for additional 35 fuel similar to the one in USF.

As a Soviet player, I find IL2 anti tank rocket Strafing is quite powerful against Axis tanks, one Strafing to take out enemy tank can happen quite often if ramed by t34.

So I am proposing:
  • Reduce the munition cost of rocket Strafing to 60, but reduce the number of rockets Strafing from 4 to 2.

2.Ostheer-

As a Ostheer player, I feel teller mine is too punishing for opponent light armor rushing.

So I am proposing:
  • Reduce the munition cost of teller mine by half, reduce its damage by half. If player still want to mine to one hit light armor, they can still put down 2 mines next to each other for same result with same munition cost.

As a Ostheer player, I find Grenadier is in a awkard spot due to its squad size.

So I am proposing:
  • Medkit is no longer ver ability and heal injured squads within the range like the one in UKF. at least, give them a way to stay longer on the field.

3.UKF
As a UKF player, I find Valetine is a quite good, its AI and AT capability is outstanding and it is not snared by first faust if full health. from my perspective, I find Valetine just slightly weaker version of Cromwell, making opponent hard to counter especially team it with AEC.

So I am proposing:
  • Make it snared by faust even in full health.

4. USF, OKW
Nothing in mind at the moemnt.

What the fuck are you doing here bro?

This is not the place for fair, reasonable suggestions targeted at legitimate balance problems/issues.

The fact that you play all 5 factions, have decent ranks in all of them, and are able to articulate issues multiple factions are facing is concrete, irrefutable proof of just how biased you are. You simply have no right to post any balance opinions - come back only when you're rank 1000 in 4v4 and play only one faction.

You don't belong here. (Axis OP!)
20 May 2020, 09:09 AM

No to T3 change, it would only buff the quad AA which is already amazing.

Rocket strafe change is interesting, I don’t mind it actually.

Hell no to tellers change.

Grenadiers should get free medkits in T4, not aoe like ukf ones. Ukf doesn’t have 251 to reinforce and heal.

Valentine should have its mobility reduced.
20 May 2020, 14:26 PM

Grenadiers should get free medkits in T4, not aoe like ukf ones. Ukf doesn’t have 251 to reinforce and heal.

AA package could be locked behind the 2nd portion of t3. Might be nice to see the HT rolling around. That said high impact elite infantry riding dirty might prove problematic...
20 May 2020, 14:26 PM

I don't understand wyh people complain about "IL2 anti tank rocket Strafe" because Ostheer has that ability for years. Same damge same munition cost , im talking about Close Air Support Doctorine, it has JU-87 Anti Tank strafe. Don't tell me that JU-87 deals less damge i tested it. JU-87 Anti Tank strafe has been there for years without any complaint. Now tell me whats wrong with IL2 ? Maybe ramming and sacrifice a 34 is OP for you ? And another thing "IL2 anti tank rocket Strafe" is nerfed once its not like it was first release.

IL2 anti tank rocket Strafe is just copy paste of axis commander ability which is fine for years.
20 May 2020, 14:28 PM

AA package could be locked behind the 2nd portion of t3. Might be nice to see the HT rolling around. That said high impact elite infantry riding dirty might prove problematic...

If M3 didn't caused any problems here, I can't see how earlier M5 would.
20 May 2020, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2020, 14:28 PMKatitof

If M3 didn't caused any problems here, I can't see how earlier M5 would.

M5 is bullet proof and the M3 isn't though correct? (are you talking usf/ukf HT or m3a1?) either way shocks in a HT rolling around too soon would not be a good move for balance.
20 May 2020, 15:03 PM

Okay let’s try it the other way.

What exactly does this whole mess achieve?

20 May 2020, 16:05 PM

You mean like same timing Luch arrives?

I see a double standard in luch or flame HT is fine but AAHT arrives later than any but T70. You can't defend this

20 May 2020, 16:07 PM

I see a double standard in luch or flame HT is fine but AAHT arrives later than any but T70. You can't defend this

Sorry I missed the part where Soviets need a seperate tech structure to heal, could you point me to that?
20 May 2020, 16:33 PM

From the begining of the match Allied factions have superior infantry by terms of power/numbers. Only conscripts are the exeption. Each mainline has a downside to consider but thats it.
On the other side OKW relies on massing volks and OST on MG42 or ostruppen to keep up with the pressure.

And then the LV window opens, Luchs and FHT are the intended counter swing from axis. 222 is a weaker version and 251 / 250 are supportive versions. 221 is simply a weaker version of 222.
T70 is on a golden spot because it arrives soon enough to cut this axis window but also endures relatively good AI/AT (Puma has less AI for more AT, AEC is similar).
Allied elite infantries arrive at this time aswell, so to keep some sort of balance:

M5 HT is not a core opening unit compared to T70, i agree with SJ that buffing it will put a desired value in it without breaking the whole balance. Other suggestions could simply cascade in a chaos light vehicle phase of the game.

I think you want to point out that luch's timing is rather too soon maybe? I would blame it on some of the allied early powerspike, UKF IS, SU T70+Penals, USF Rifles+LT/Cpt. If allied factions could affort to go TW after an early big push, its gg for axis, you need some sort of early stalemate breakthrough
20 May 2020, 18:25 PM

M5 is bullet proof and the M3 isn't though correct? (are you talking usf/ukf HT or m3a1?) either way shocks in a HT rolling around too soon would not be a good move for balance.

M5 has very high armor for a light vehicle (28.5/20), but it isn't bulletproof. That would require armor of around 35 (like Ostheer bunker or M8 Greyhound).

This being said, if M5 comes earlier it could have armor reduced so infantry fire does more damage. It is already very vulnerable to any sort of AT weapon (though this is true for any light vehicle). MG42 with incendiary rounds will also make short work of it.
20 May 2020, 21:40 PM

Okay let’s try it the other way.

What exactly does this whole mess achieve?

It would offer soviet more mobility earlier and make a transition into the kraut mower instead of T70 or bust.

Sorry I missed the part where Soviets need a seperate tech structure to heal, could you point me to that?

Its right there beside the tank factory. Wait no that's the soviets ONLY healing. Definitely not out on the front with 2 other AOE healing crates like okw... And certainly not self healing... Also like a good few okw units....

M5 has very high armor for a light vehicle (28.5/20), but it isn't bulletproof. That would require armor of around 35 (like Ostheer bunker or M8 Greyhound).

This being said, if M5 comes earlier it could have armor reduced so infantry fire does more damage. It is already very vulnerable to any sort of AT weapon (though this is true for any light vehicle). MG42 with incendiary rounds will also make short work of it.

Could look at reduced armour with the sooner timing and reading it later with the quad.
21 May 2020, 08:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2020, 14:26 PMcolgate
I don't understand wyh people complain about "IL2 anti tank rocket Strafe" because Ostheer has that ability for years. Same damge same munition cost , im talking about Close Air Support Doctorine, it has JU-87 Anti Tank strafe. Don't tell me that JU-87 deals less damge i tested it. JU-87 Anti Tank strafe has been there for years without any complaint. Now tell me whats wrong with IL2 ? Maybe ramming and sacrifice a 34 is OP for you ? And another thing "IL2 anti tank rocket Strafe" is nerfed once its not like it was first release.

IL2 anti tank rocket Strafe is just copy paste of axis commander ability which is fine for years.

Ah, so an ability which requires two conditions (immobilised target + Commander ability) to be super powerful isn't impactful on a Commander-faction combo that can only fulfill one of those conditions? While the faction-commander combo which easily fulfills both conditions gets to benefit from the entire impact? Who would have thought?

Putting a potentially powerful late-game ability on one of the worst commanders in the Ost roster, vs putting a similar late-game ability on a Commander which gives Soviets early game dominance, a powerful hmg they can't access through tech, and an elite infantry call-in. Why aren't the two situations exactly identical?

And it's certainly not as if having an (almost 100%) undodgeable uber-snare which can be started from long distance, is virtually unstoppable unless you have 40ish pop worth of AT firing on the same target, which has guaranteed long-duration immobilisation, and is threatened anywhere on the battlefield through the platform of a high speed medium tank - what's wrong with it?

Ost and OKW have their own unstoppable undodgeable unsnareable low cost long range high mobility guaranteed-long-duration-immobilisation snares that double up as highly efficient medium tanks too, so why aren't they abusing it to guarantee trades for vehicles costing 250% the price in fuel?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS