Login

russian armor

Partisans are underpowered

19 May 2020, 13:24 PM

yes but we were talking about scaling, they have better base stats because they cost more :luvDerp: 210 mp vs 340 and they need to upgrade too

and what's this about overpriced reinforce, they are 4 men ass green with ambush, build mines and infiltration

they cost the same to reinforce but fucking 210 mp to call in (if we consider the infiltration is priced around 50mp they would cost 160 mp while they have a performance of 250 mp unit :snfPeter: )

and have almost the same weapon profile

why not make them free and have them become 7 men at vet 1 with 1 cost to reinforce too ?

I can accept that 210mp is fairly cheap for AI partisans particularly given they don't need to upgrade their PPSH's. However, they are not worth 26mp for reinforcement. Their vet is also really painful as it doesn't give any substantial increase to their durability. Other ambush units get substantially better RA through a combination of stock RA and vet-and more models in the case of commandos.
Quite simply they bleed you too hard to make them a worthwhile long term investment and their initial impact on the field is fairly low given their lackluster TOTAL SQUAD dps for a CQC unit.

Reduce the reinforcement cost to 23 and give them an additional 8-10% received accuracy at vet 3-or alternatively an extra model on vet.
19 May 2020, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2020, 13:24 PMSerrith

I can accept that 210mp is fairly cheap for AI partisans particularly given they don't need to upgrade their PPSH's. However, they are not worth 26mp for reinforcement. Their vet is also really painful as it doesn't give any substantial increase to their durability. Other ambush units get substantially better RA through a combination of stock RA and vet-and more models in the case of commandos.
Quite simply they bleed you too hard to make them a worthwhile long term investment and their initial impact on the field is fairly low given their lackluster TOTAL SQUAD dps for a CQC unit.

Reduce the reinforcement cost to 23 and give them an additional 8-10% received accuracy at vet 3.
ok are we buffing ass green too as well cause they have like the same cruve of dps , if they are lack cluster imagine an infantry unit that cost more no ambush and no infiltration

and again they cost 26 mp to reinforce cause they are basically ass green, but cost much less from the start ,like a lot less if u count infiltration
19 May 2020, 13:47 PM

ok are we buffing ass green too as well cause they have like the same cruve of dps , if they are lack cluster imagine an infantry unit that cost more no ambush and no infiltration

and again they cost 26 mp to reinforce cause they are basically ass green, but cost much less from the start ,like a lot less if u count infiltration

Assgrens have a better DPS curve as their mid range dps recieved a fairly substantial damage increase:

MP 40s are having their mid-range power increased to match SMGs like the M3 Grease gun used by Assault Engineers. This change also affects Assault Officer and Volksgrenadier MP 40s, but not other MP40 variants.
MP 40 Mid range cooldown from 1.25 to 1
MP 40 Mid accuracy from 0.24 to 0.375
MP40 reload frequency from 4/5 to 6
MP40 reload from 2.8/3.5 to 2.8

This translates to something like 40% more dps at range 17 then previously.

In addition, Assgrens have 5 men to start with and far better received accuracy through vet beginning at vet 1.

Partisans by contrast have very squishy individual models and lack the squad count to make up for it. Their damage curve is actually poor, being worse than conscript ppsh's(though not by much), however they lack the staying power to utilize them well. Conscripts can use them because they have 6 models(allowing the SMGs more time to fire) and better received accuracy after vet-a similar reason that assgrens are useful.
19 May 2020, 13:50 PM

yes but that's why they have infiltration and ambush , u know that thing that makes u invisible and at vet 2 they get 50% more acc out of it

they can easily flank undeteced unlike cons or ass greens
19 May 2020, 13:53 PM

yes but that's why they have infiltration and ambush , u know that thing that makes u invisible and at vet 2 they get 50% more acc out of it

And with tech, Assgrens get 6 models(50% more models than partisans) and they don't need to use ambush to get it either, its an omnipresent damage boost. Oh, and it also increases the squads total HP as well as increasing its damage output.
19 May 2020, 13:54 PM

yes but u pay more already 260 mp +time to reach tech + munition + 26 mp for the new model

19 May 2020, 13:57 PM

No, they can't, unless everything you move across is a solid cover.
19 May 2020, 13:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2020, 13:57 PMKatitof

No, they can't, unless everything you move across is a solid cover.
their stealth lingers like commando, this shows how much u played them :romeoHype:
19 May 2020, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2020, 13:47 PMSerrith

In addition, Assgrens have 5 men to start with and far better received accuracy through vet beginning at vet 1.

Partisans by contrast have very squishy individual models and lack the squad count to make up for it. ..

Comparison would make sense if they where used the same way.

Partisans start with mines, cloak, grenade, infiltration and meant to ambush or chase retreating squads not sprint and attack as AsG.

One could try to increase the power level of the unit by increasing the both cost and performance but I doubt that would make them more attractive than Shock troops, ABGuards PPsh Penal or AsGuards.

One could try to redesign them or one can let the be as they are a cheap infiltration unit that can be used to scout afterwards that provide an early advantage but become less powerful as the game progress. Then one can focus on making other changes to doctrines so that the commander become more attractive.
19 May 2020, 14:09 PM

The only thing they need is better scaling.
Base stats are fine, but there is no reward for keeping them alife.
19 May 2020, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2020, 14:05 PMVipper

Comparison would make sense if they where used the same way.

Partisans start with mines, cloak, grenade, infiltration and meant to ambush or chase retreating squads not sprint and attack as AsG.

One could try to increase the power level of the unit by increasing the both cost and performance but I doubt that would make them more attractive than Shock troops, ABGuards PPsh Penal or AsGuards.

One could try to redesign them or one can let the be as they are a cheap infiltration unit that can be used to scout afterwards that provide an early advantage but become less powerful as the game progress. Then one can focus on making other changes to doctrines so that the commander become more attractive.

Since infiltration is a one time thing and I am talking about their effectiveness in the long run, I am choosing to discount the infiltration aspect-especially since they lack the ambush bonus at vet 0.

Regarding chasing down retreating squads, they just don't have the squad size and (thus) damage output to be very good in that role. Thompson paras, shocks, stormtroopers and FSJ are fine for doing it as they have either the raw dps, an ability, or both to shred retreating squads.

I like the idea of them being a backline infiltration unit so another route could be to give them utility. Faster cap rate, increased sight range, interrogation, booby trap instead of mines or whatever other "partisan like" things you could give them.

In their current iteration though, their reinforcement cost makes them prohibitive to use.
19 May 2020, 14:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2020, 14:17 PMSerrith

Since infiltration is a one time thing and I am talking about their effectiveness in the long run, I am choosing to discount the infiltration aspect-especially since they lack the ambush bonus at vet 0.

Regarding chasing down retreating squads, they just don't have the squad size and (thus) damage output to be very good in that role. Thompson paras, shocks, stormtroopers and FSJ are fine for doing it as they have either the raw dps, an ability, or both to shred retreating squads.

The chasing can be done by spawning on retreat paths or setting up mines/ambush there

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2020, 14:17 PMSerrith

I like the idea of them being a backline infiltration unit so another route could be to give them utility. Faster cap rate, increased sight range, interrogation, booby trap instead of mines or whatever other "partisan like" things you could give them.

In their current iteration though, their reinforcement cost makes them prohibitive to use.

They already have increased sight and 2 types of mines. I do not remember if they have a cap bonus.
19 May 2020, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2020, 14:23 PMVipper

The chasing can be done by spawning on retreat paths or setting up mines/ambush there

They already have increased sight and 2 types of mines. I do not remember if they have a cap bonus.

You are correct, my bad. They received 42 sight range and +25% cap speed. They also have concussive trap, but its too situational imo and should be replaced with booby trap.

The 42 sight range is the same as pios and I actually discussed pio sight range in the other thread. Suffice to say I think it should be farther, 45 would be a good place to start.
19 May 2020, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2020, 14:27 PMSerrith

You are correct, my bad.
They received 42 sight range and +25% cap speed.

No problem we all miss things from time to time.

They also have concussive trap, but its too situational imo and should be replaced with booby trap.

Think the c. trap is meant to used to reduce the damage they take but I would have no problem to be replaced by booby-traps (although I would rather have BT do DOT damage). But I suspect it would be a nerf since BT need to placed in owned territory.

The 42 sight range is the same as pios and I actually discussed pio sight range in the other thread. Suffice to say I think it should be farther, 45 would be a good place to start.

I am not claiming that Partisan are great but they come with lots of utility and dirty cheap price, the unit performs very good for its price.
19 May 2020, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2020, 14:42 PMVipper

Think the c. trap is meant to used to reduce the damage they take but I would have no problem to be replaced by booby-traps (although I would rather have BT do DOT damage). But I suspect it would be a nerf since BT need to placed in owned territory.

I am not claiming that Partisan are great but they come with lots of utility and dirty cheap price, the unit performs very good for its price.

The concussive trap must also be placed on owned territory. I guess the idea was that you stun the enemy unit then close the distance. But honestly, either the enemy will retreat once they see the partisans coming, or are powerful enough to just stand their ground and shred the partisans. Either case needs your partisans to be camping the cap for it to be effective.

Booby traps will have a similar usage(it'll give the partisans the upper hand) except it will cause damage instead and that will be useful against any squad- even if the partisans aren't around to engage.

I do think 210mp is a good price to call them in. Its the reinforcement cost that gets me.
19 May 2020, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2020, 14:51 PMSerrith

I do think 210mp is a good price to call them in. Its the reinforcement cost that gets me.

It is inline with pioneers...

Imo reinforcement costs are all over the place for allot of units and I would rather have return to rule that associated reinforcement cost with the value of unit. But the rule should have exceptions according to categories. For instance SMG troops should be cheaper to reinforce since they are expected to have higher casualties, something like 15-25%.
19 May 2020, 15:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2020, 15:29 PMVipper

It is inline with pioneers...

Imo reinforcement costs are all over the place for allot of units and I would rather have return to rule that associated reinforcement cost with the value of unit. But the rule should have exceptions according to categories. For instance SMG troops should be cheaper to reinforce since they are expected to have higher casualties, something like 15-25%.

As it so happens, I think pioneer reinforce cost is too high.
19 May 2020, 19:32 PM

Concussive trap is quite bad, I mean, its OK ability for the cost, but it doesn't help partisans themselves as affected squad will recover before you'll get in effective range(and their bullets literally falling down to the ground above range 10 does not help), assuming you're not right at the edge of capping circle on the opposing side.
19 May 2020, 22:21 PM

The fuck are you talking about assgrens for? This has nothing to do with the thread

Not even a comparable unit to AI partisans. You literally listed some of the reasons why, no camo, no infiltration. Instead they have 5 men (+1), sprint, and cp0. Completely different roles. "Has SMGs" is not a good reason to talk about them in this thread

I would say buff AI partisans and increase their call-in cost at the same time. Maybe increase call-in cooldown as well to prevent spam
20 May 2020, 18:03 PM

Has anyone considered just giving partisans bolt-action rifles and overloading them with utility? Stealth and ambush at vet 0, flare traps, mines. 100% RA, and maybe 13 damage rifles with middling accuracy, but utilizing a unique 25% damage (bringing them back up to around 16) and high accuracy buff from ambush to make them a good alpha strike unit. Possibly even grant a unique RA bonus from ambush.

Could then have them upgrade into either AT (a possibly unique shrek profile) or SMG (with the original low damage of Partisan SMGs). The unit would still gain the unique ambush stats of additional damage as well as accuracy, granting what would perhaps normally be an underwhelming variant of the Shrek or PPSh used by the Partisans far superior qualities for a short period of time, at a pretty good base unit cost.

Ambush stats could even be increased with veterancy, perhaps even the duration of the ambush, instead of base combat stats.

The player would be encouraged to retreat Partisan units after pulling off the ambush since unit would still have current high reinforcement cost and base combat effectiveness outside of ambush is subpar.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★