Login

russian armor

Nerf il2 Rocket run

17 May 2020, 00:15 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It should be as good as CAS AT strafe.

Wait 6 or more months till nerf.

Answer from a couple of months

What we could try is giving it lower penetration (around 90) and adding deflection damage of something like 50%. That way it will still be lethal to snared/rammed mediums and Panthers (guaranteed rear armor pens and even with deflection damage when hitting the front armor the rockets should do enough damage to kill a 50-75% hp medium tank) while reducing the effectiveness against heavies by around 33-50% as most have around 150 rear armor. Essentially the same was done for AT Overwatch.

But the commander will already take quite a hit with the increased SVT cost, so it's probably better to wait and see if it'll still be needed to go after the AT strafe too.
17 May 2020, 02:51 AM

It's way too cheap for sure. 100 muni for something this powerful is way too low

I don't see Ram as being a problem. When you have an OP offmap then yeah, but that's the offmap not ram
20 May 2020, 14:46 PM

I think the CAS Stuka AT strafe cost 110 or 120 mun for the same result (maybe a bit less AOE than IL-2 rockets). The main difference is the Combo with ram which makes it easier to use for SU than OST.
20 May 2020, 16:09 PM

well yeah i dont know if im getting unlucky or am i just a little bit under average in terms of intelligence points that everytime i use it tiger limps away with slither of health

It depends on penetrations

Damage to heavies will vary despite the one clip of already damaged tiger dying
20 May 2020, 16:09 PM

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
20 May 2020, 16:10 PM

I think the CAS Stuka AT strafe cost 110 or 120 mun for the same result (maybe a bit less AOE than IL-2 rockets). The main difference is the Combo with ram which makes it easier to use for SU than OST.

This is true bit Ost also have target weak point

People also have to remember the doctrine already got hit with nerfs to SVTs, we don't want another mobile assault overnerf situation
20 May 2020, 16:17 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This is true bit Ost also have target weak point

People also have to remember the doctrine already got hit with nerfs to SVTs, we don't want another mobile assault overnerf situation

Just reminds the situation with OST Stuka commander with AT and AI strafes. After all nerfs didn't see it for ages.
20 May 2020, 17:20 PM

the rocket strafe just comes to fast and is too cheap IMO. Il2 bombing is much slower, i suggest increasing the time it takes to arrive for like 1s upping the cost to 150 and see how it goes.
20 May 2020, 17:39 PM

well yeah i dont know if im getting unlucky or am i just a little bit under average in terms of intelligence points that everytime i use it tiger limps away with slither of health

I used it a bunch a couple months ago. I had mixed success with it. When players realized it's a possibility and react quickly, multiple Tigers got out with a sliver of health left. Other times I got wipes. I don't really think its a "guaranteed" wipe. You have a lot of warning that this is a possibility, starting with the upgraded Cons.

In the clip that Orangepest posted, the player is just diving a Tiger with no screening infantry. Against such awesome gameplay, this is pretty close to a guaranteed wipe. It's also more of a L2P issue than anything else.

Maybe I'd think differently about it if I primarily played 1v1, but I rarely see this commander in 2v2 and pretty much never face it in 3v3 or more. I have had people try to use it against me, but haven't lost anything to it yet (again, maybe it's just a 1v1 thing).
22 May 2020, 20:05 PM

for me prodigy just showed his superior skill and very good usage of this ability that allowed him to kill the tiger, normally it doesnt work that easy, that was actually very lucky that he got perfect timing and positioning to use IL2
btw for me it is also way too expensive for what it offers. you need to waste 300mp 90 fuel and 100munnies... WAY TOO EXPENSIVE, i think cost should be down only to 50 munnies, and the plane arrival takes too long also

l2p
23 May 2020, 05:27 AM

CAS AT Strafe is the same therefore Axis OP :drool:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment