Login

russian armor

Elite Armour shuts down a Brit player early

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
6 May 2020, 18:07 PM

Once again, assuming I said it was a surefire win. As I said though, I'll amend my original statement - the 221 is a great way to shutdown a Brit player 1v1 if they Bolster before teching as the meta often goes.
6 May 2020, 18:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

A good strat can fail if not properly executed
6 May 2020, 18:08 PM

A good strat can fail if not properly executed

He did fine in the 2nd game, but 2 tommies and a sapper still managed to kill a couple 221s and then sniper came out and it was gg. I personally hate this strat, I don’t think the 221 is good at all, but that’s just my opinion.
6 May 2020, 18:10 PM

And there's the rub - if you know I'm building two scout cars beforehand and you're budgeting to unlock T1 and grab the early Sappers then it doesn't work as well because I can't harass the Sections properly. Early Sappers is very, very far from what the average Brit player opens with in a 1v1.

I'll also note I didn't do fine in the second game, I completely ruined the engagement where I lost the scout cars. I didn't move my infantry up fast enough.
6 May 2020, 18:12 PM

And there's the rub - if you know I'm building two scout cars beforehand and you're budgeting to unlock T1 and grab the early Sappers then it doesn't work as well because I can't harass the Sections properly. Early Sappers is very, very far from what the average Brit player opens with in a 1v1.

I mean, again like I said in the match chat, 1st game I built sappers at 3:44 while your 221 was out at 2:59. 2nd game your 1st 221 was out at 2:37 while my sappers were out at 3:45. You can’t say I expected your build when my reactionary picks were both 50 seconds after your unit in both games.
6 May 2020, 18:13 PM

Except that you WERE expecting it. There are extenuating circumstances to this match. Are you going to claim that another player might not have built Bolster before the scout cars even showed up?
6 May 2020, 18:15 PM

Except that you WERE expecting it. There are extenuating circumstances to this match. Are you going to claim that another player might not have built Bolster before the scout cars even showed up?

I mean, you built a T0 light vehicle, I built a unit with snares. What’s else am I supposed to do? Give up and tell you how amazing your strat is?
6 May 2020, 18:15 PM

How can you be so thick?
6 May 2020, 18:18 PM

Am I missing something here? Guys?
6 May 2020, 18:18 PM

He did fine in the 2nd game, but 2 tommies and a sapper still managed to kill a couple 221s and then sniper came out and it was gg. I personally hate this strat, I don’t think the 221 is good at all, but that’s just my opinion.

221 is fine IMO just the build time is a bit too much. It's weird why it gets artificially delayed like that when the UC and M3 already beat it 1v1. It also fits awkwardly into your build order because when you build it after the 2nd Volk you float MP and when you build it after the 3rd the windows of opportunity isn't ideal. On top of that you are forced to get a SWS earlier than you would want which again feels a bit awkward.
6 May 2020, 18:23 PM

Are you going to claim that another player might not have built Bolster before the scout cars even showed up?

I mean, that's on them, I don't bolster until I have enough fuel to build an AEC after I click on bolster. That's what I always do. You can download the miragefla match and watch, I only bolstered late. I clicked on Bofors tech by accident because I was playing coh1 before that match, but the point stands that I waited until getting bolster.
6 May 2020, 18:27 PM

Fair enough, which is why I amended my original statement. This is why reading is a useful skill.
6 May 2020, 19:07 PM

After a request from Shadowlink (mod team OP) I have uploaded both replays if people wanna have a look at this particular strat and how it played out.

https://easyupload.io/9j7ao0

https://easyupload.io/bxcybz

I'm not uploading in the replay section unless Vermillion_Hawk is okay with it.
6 May 2020, 19:12 PM

I don't really care.
6 May 2020, 19:16 PM

221 is overpriced and badly designed.

It should cheap, durable, less lethal with higher penetration to server as a counter to sniper M3/WC51/UC and not as counter to infatry.
6 May 2020, 20:03 PM

Stick to spamming 'Axis OP'.

Every time you try to seriously discuss balance you post something ridiculous, get destroyed, and then demand the mods close the thread.
6 May 2020, 20:23 PM

Stick to spamming 'Axis OP'.

Every time you try to seriously discuss balance you post something ridiculous, get destroyed, and then demand the mods close the thread.

Lmao who tf are you? Stick to the special people space with the other 3-4 digit warriors over at the discord club.

Then maybe get out of the 800s in 1v1s and maybe you can roast me nub

My regards to the special needs people over there, I heard they find my content quite riveting. It's good that they're looking up to a far superior player for game advice.

Every time you try to seriously discuss balance you post something ridiculous

You want me to post your hot takes on balance? We've already had our laughs with that special person yesterday, it's best if we leave the laughs for another time.
6 May 2020, 20:26 PM

I'm quite positive that if you want to say something about cost effectiveness of a unit, you shouldn't literally fucking suicide 1/3 of your units during the initial engagement, keep fighting with resource inferior force with half of that force being nowhere near effective range and then complain about balance.

221 isn't going to, nor its meant to - solo 2 mainline inf squads.
6 May 2020, 20:33 PM

.221 isn't going to, nor its meant to - solo 2 mainline inf squads.

EXACTLY, thank you, that’s why I posted this clip, to show that when you try to push ukf off the field with a 221 it doesn’t work, which apparently people don’t understand so I had to show it to him in live game. Even in the clip of my ukf vs another okw guy, the behaviour of the axis player is typical, I doubt he expected my tommies to fight back so he got punished for it.

221 can’t solo the entire ukf tommy force when it comes out, nice and simple. People should understand that. And obviously neither it should, I don't think it needs a buff whatsoever and this is not about balance so I posted it under coh2 gameplay but apparently a lot of people refuse to read and think this thread is about buffing the 221 lol. What's next? People thinking I'm the OKW guy in the clip? Kappa

Though I doubt anyone is that stupid.

Anyway, bottom line of the thread is this: miragefla making a 221 in that replay I posted wouldn’t have helped. The end.
6 May 2020, 20:34 PM

Now I feel like this thread is an episode 2 and I missed episode 1 due to low publicity.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight