Login

russian armor

Easy change to commander to make it decent

2 May 2020, 16:33 PM

Hi guys, propose 1 ability swap to make commanders usable. I don't mean to slap a Tiger to every commander and I don't mean to change commanders that are already good, but the trash ones. These are easy changes that could give the game more variety. Let me start.

SOV Commander - Advanced Warfare, remove useless 90MU IL2 strafe and replace with literally anything else, be it Incendiary barrage, AT gun camo, Recon Plane, Mark vehicle, just avoid overlap or another useless ability.

As you can see none of what I suggested is over the top or useless, please, follow the same logic.

Thanks.

Your turn.
2 May 2020, 17:24 PM

LUL Advanced Warfare strafe “useless” LUL

Ostheer:
Mechanized doctrine: Replace LMG Grens in 250 with buildable 250 from HQ. Replace LeFH with mortar HT.

Soviets:
Tank hunter tactics: Replace ML20 with T34/85s.

USF:
Recon Support: Remove paratroopers from combat group, just drop the pack howie for 100mp 60 muni.

UKF:
Royal Artillery: Replace artillery overwatch with anything else.
2 May 2020, 17:26 PM

Soviets:

Can we just have the B4 back in it?
2 May 2020, 17:59 PM

Ostheer:
Mechanized doctrine: Replace LMG Grens in 250 with buildable 250 from HQ. Replace LeFH with mortar HT.

Soviets:

USF:
Recon Support: Remove paratroopers from combat group, just drop the pack howie for 100mp 60 muni.

UKF:
Royal Artillery: Replace artillery overwatch with anything else.

LUL

As if the the pack howi as it is, isnt strong enough. 100mp and 60 muni?!, why not give it for free.
2 May 2020, 18:01 PM

USF:

That's silly, why would you remove doctrinal inf and add a stock teamwapon? I'd rather see it the other way around, but then there would be some overlap with airborne.
2 May 2020, 18:26 PM

That's silly, why would you remove doctrinal inf and add a stock teamwapon? I'd rather see it the other way around, but then there would be some overlap with airborne.

Yeah that would be the alternative.

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2020, 17:26 PMFarlon

Can we just have the B4 back in it?

Oh god no, B4 is broken enough as it is.
2 May 2020, 18:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

https://www.coh2.org/topic/45616/il2-stuka-single-strafe-run-tracking-bug

+5 years

Depending on map and how close to border, it can get it's shot blocked by scenery (example wood line of Crossroads).
2 May 2020, 19:00 PM

Ostheer:

Disagree entirely. Both LMG grens are LeFH are interesting aspects to combine with spot scopes IMO. I wouldnt change those. They dont sinergyse as Mortar HT or buildable 250 but thats the point of it, having different units for very different situations.

"Usable" is a rather misleading term. I would expect we are talking about 1v1s since the most skilled players care more about that game mode.

I would change for OST in the Festung support commander the reserve battallion (the ostruppen refund ability) for either paradropped supplies (Amu+Fu+MG34+Pak40) or the super bunker from defensive community commander

For SU i would like to see more radio intercept commanders, maybe for de NKVD one.

For UKF i would remove the defensive formations (? (IS builds emplacements) for assault IS.

And for OKW i would remove the LeFH from the defensive commander, maybe for the new commander defensive bonus for infantry.
I would also swap the Stumtiger from Armor elite with the command panther from spec Ops

As for USF i would change M36 for M10, always. J/k
2 May 2020, 19:03 PM

https://www.coh2.org/topic/45616/il2-stuka-single-strafe-run-tracking-bug

+5 years

Depending on map and how close to border, it can get it's shot blocked by scenery (example wood line of Crossroads).

Nah

Ask Orangepest where his last vod was when he showcased this ability, I couldn't find it.

snip

LMG Grens that come in the 250 are broken, they are the pre-buff Grenadiers that have a vet 3 received accuracy bonus instead of a damage reduction bonus.

Anyways, I want the mechanized doctrine changed overall, not just the LeFH. My proposal was:

German Mechanized
0CP 250 (buildable at HQ)
2CP 250/8 mortar HT (call in)
2CP Steel bunker repair station
2CP Panzer Tactician
5CP Spotting scopes
2 May 2020, 19:06 PM

LMG Grens that come in the 250 are broken, they are the pre-buff Grenadiers that have a vet 3 received accuracy bonus instead of a damage reduction bonus.

Aww craep i really didnt know. (I was using them recently, shame on me T_T)
That also explains the suddend wipe out of nowhere i had on those poor little grens.
2 May 2020, 20:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Nah

Ask Orangepest where his last vod was when he showcased this ability, I couldn't find it.

I've just tested in case i missed any bugfix. It's a bad ability for cost and too unreliable (it doesn't hit as well what you put your crosshair on). At least the USF strafe run (which works more like a bombing run) demolishes support weapons.
2 May 2020, 20:03 PM

I've just tested in case i missed any bugfix. It's a bad ability for cost and too unreliable (it doesn't hit as well what you put your crosshair on). At least the USF strafe run (which works more like a bombing run) demolishes support weapons.

Orangepest uses it in a niche situation. Ask him about it.
2 May 2020, 20:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't need to ask him about something which hasn't changed for years, used it plenty (more so when Advance Warfare was meta) and have asked for years for anyone to actually fix it and even get it acknowledge by Relic twice (once in this forum).

If you strafe someone, from the direction of their base towards yours, if they retreat you might do excellent damage if they still remain in the tracking zone. But towards the sides, in the zone you put it or forward, it can do 0 damage and depending on armor, no dmg at all.
2 May 2020, 20:17 PM

You can also drive a car with broken clutch.
It doesn't mean the car is functional as intended, which the strafe certainly isn't and its like that for years.

Gimmicky use by using wonky targetting isn't how the ability is supposed to work and its only barely usable and only by people who are aware of the bug and how it works.
2 May 2020, 20:48 PM

You sure you're not thinking of the strafe from Tactical Support on USF? They look similar, but the advanced warfare one is buggy as hell and is not useful

Tac Support strafe is really good in niche situations. If you're targeting something that can't move right away it's pretty good
2 May 2020, 22:54 PM

I am pretty sure the strafe in advanced warfare was meant to suck because the rest of the abilities in the commander are really good.

If it(advanced warfare) is still underused after heavies are in a good spot, maybe then we can look at buffing/tweaking some other non heavy commanders to get their pick rate up
2 May 2020, 22:56 PM

I am pretty sure the strafe in advanced warfare was meant to suck because the rest of the abilities in the commander are really good.

If it(advanced warfare) is still underused after heavies are in a good spot, maybe then we can look at buffing/tweaking some other non heavy commanders to get their pick rate up

The strafe was really good ability.
Then it started getting changes and ended up in current state.
3 May 2020, 00:13 AM

I can see how this doctrine could be picked in 1v1, but in 2v2+ it's rly bad.
3 May 2020, 12:49 PM

i mean strafing run could be just turned into a skillplane loitter, but i think it would upset more people. As for german mechanized, imo mortar halftrack would be decent choice as it is quite underused unit and only available in one decent doctrine and one arguably bad one. festung support would be second id like to see changed, perhaps (another) osttruppen focused commanders but with focus on arty.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★