Pioneers after early game

PAGES (18)down
1 May 2020, 17:11 PM

?????

Strategic reserves doctrine.
1 May 2020, 17:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2020, 01:32 AMKoRneY

That's like saying riflemen have flamethrowers

Is it tho? Which USF commander gives the riflemen to equip flamethrowers?
1 May 2020, 20:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2020, 17:11 PMSumi

Strategic reserves doctrine.
but we are talking non doc, i mean can't u give stv to CE , rifle nade to RE , etc ,etc if we count doc ?
1 May 2020, 23:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2020, 17:12 PMSumi

Is it tho? Which USF commander gives the riflemen to equip flamethrowers?

My bad. I meant rear echelons!
2 May 2020, 00:09 AM

but we are talking non doc, i mean can't u give stv to CE , rifle nade to RE , etc ,etc if we count doc ?

true. If non doc still they can build mines of two types and can get flamethrower, sandbags.
2 May 2020, 00:37 AM

Looking through this entire bloody thread and not one person recommends lowering Pio/CE vet requirements to Rear Echelon levels (that's right, Rear Echelons have even lower veterancy requirements, and IMO all engineers should have it.)

On the other hand I also agree with people who think Pios and CEs should get a received accuracy buff of some sort, and I also think the cooldown bonus should be increased (primarily benefitting Flamethrowers and Pio MP40s; Combat Engineer rifles have their cooldown offset by a long winddown time)

As for non-doc 5-man pioniers, I think that would need to be examined closely in detail first, particularly with regard to how much repair speed is increased when combined with the sweeper, maybe having one upgrade lock out the other.
2 May 2020, 01:46 AM

Minesweeper upgrade is sets repair speed to 1.3.
2 May 2020, 07:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2020, 14:03 PMVipper

Not Really WFA engineer are potent "engineer" units the only thing the miss over EFA enginner are the flamers.

His point is that US and OKW both have repair options so their engineers don't need to repair as much. Echelons didn't even have a mine until recently, and even with it you'll still see Riflemen planting more mines with their doc ability

The 3 Western engineers are very clearly more geared towards combat than pios and CEs. They're not bad at engineering, they just don't have to do it as much

All engineers should get veterancy from engineering tasks. Do any of the modteam know if this is possible? Would be great to see kills from mines be credited to the engineer that placed them
2 May 2020, 07:44 AM

All engineers should get veterancy from engineering tasks. Do any of the modteam know if this is possible? Would be great to see kills from mines be credited to the engineer that placed them

This so much. If you make an engineer later on and they're permanently stuck on repair duty, there's no chance for them to gain veterancy even though technically you're using them "properly".

The mine kill credit is also something I want to see. The kill should go to the unit that placed it and in the case that unit is dead, then it should go to whoever is closest (or however it's handled right now).
2 May 2020, 19:13 PM

Combat engineer doin´ engineering:
*Places democharge and waits for jerry to retreat
BOOM!

And that how combat engineers got the "Combat" part in their name. :,)

BTW i like the idea. Stuff like repair/Plant mines and charges/Building could give xp to the squad. Vet bonuses should be looked after
2 May 2020, 22:58 PM

I'm afraid xp from repair can be exploited, certain units and buildings can be easily damaged by friendly fire.

(but would make more sense, currently CE and pios be like 'alright, we killed a bunch of enemies, now we know how to repair faster') :)
MMX
3 May 2020, 07:27 AM

Combat engineer doin´ engineering:
*Places democharge and waits for jerry to retreat
BOOM!

And that how combat engineers got the "Combat" part in their name. :,)

BTW i like the idea. Stuff like repair/Plant mines and charges/Building could give xp to the squad. Vet bonuses should be looked after

i remember getting xp from kills by planted mines was dicussed more than once in the past, and though i personally liked the idea it was unfortunately deemed impossible to implement. however, that might not apply to generating xp from planting/building mines and other stuff itself and i agree this would be a nice way to let units with less combat utility vet up a bit faster.
3 May 2020, 17:01 PM

I'm afraid xp from repair can be exploited, certain units and buildings can be easily damaged by friendly fire.

(but would make more sense, currently CE and pios be like 'alright, we killed a bunch of enemies, now we know how to repair faster') :)

I'm skeptical that this exploit would ever be a good use of time and units.
3 May 2020, 22:48 PM

I'm skeptical that this exploit would ever be a good use of time and units.

" I have no map control but I DO have a vet 3 non combat unit...thatll show them!"
5 May 2020, 13:48 PM

I agree that Pios and also Combat Engineers should get some high veterancy RA / included damage reduction bonus from Tier 4, as they currently get none, which limits their usage very much in late game.

The combat potential of Pios / CEs would be otherwise not THAT bad, given the incredible CE price effectiveness with flamer updates, and that now MP 40s are decent in short range.

However the issue with Pios specificially is that regardless of any combat bonus they receive, Wehr Pios are super busy with repairing Wehr's tanks and sometimes building stuff, laying mines in the late game, getting little action. Effectively they are out of the game once tanks hit the field.

To relieve them of their incessant repair duties, it would should be considered that Wehr Tier 3 tank building may get a Repair Pioneer upgrade once Battle Tier 3 is researched. Wehr is pretty much carried into the late game by their tanks so its super important to them.

This (and Vetted RA / Tier 3 DR bonuses) would let Pios do more frontline duties and open up more viable strategies to Wehr sticking to Tier 3 tanks / fully upgrading.
5 May 2020, 17:57 PM

You could just build more pioneers.

e: OkW gets nondoctrinal automatic repairmen because OkW pioneers cost a lot. Ostheer pioneers are cheap. Doctrines get automatic repairmen because doctrines sometimes get weird stuff.
6 May 2020, 09:56 AM

I still don't get it... why new brit's medics get a pistol? Ostheers's Pios should get that + passive weapon-upgrade with urban assault pack (flamer).

6 May 2020, 09:56 AM

I still don't get it... why new brit's medics get a pistol? Ostheers's Pios should get that + passive weapon-upgrade with urban assault pack (flamer).

Because medics carried pistols and pioneers carried MP40s.
6 May 2020, 11:19 AM

Because medics carried pistols and pioneers carried MP40s.

German Pioneers carriered K98s when they were used as supporter, there is a reason why there are also assault pioneers ingame. What we have in game, they are Panzerpioniere, main order to repair vehicles.

a. give them K98.

b. or, give them Pistols and a real assault upgrade with flamer.

I hate current pioneers. Simply bad design. They were nerfed into ground because game got assault-grens. Then OKW got assault-pioneers having STG44 with MP40 stats. xD

ingame Lugar has nearly same DPS as current pio's MP40, but why we fu*king using MP40 for every sh*t unit? Also weapon crews shouldn't have MP40. Making a bluepring having a normal spectrum of DPS is what a game needs, for visuality.

Edit: Same sh*t why storm grens gets MP40 with ~ PPsh stats... simply give them PPsh instead. CoH's balancing is also by hearing.

Also Osttruppen would be more logical with an other weapon.

6 May 2020, 11:42 AM

Many units use the same weapon with different stats in every faction, also there are not enough weapons in the game to achieve a single stat per weapon rework without severely changing balance.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
New Zealand 19
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %