10%
Total votes: 92
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
27 Apr 2020, 20:53 PM

Permanently Banned
-
27 Apr 2020, 20:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Poll should go more like "Power state of infantry sections" to not influence the voters. Also I'd recommend changing the "perfectly fine" to "fine", because a unit being "perfectly" fine in CoH2 is an absolute rarity :)
28 Apr 2020, 09:05 AM

how many threads are you planning to spam of the same thing
28 Apr 2020, 09:31 AM

IMO: Moving Accuracy should just go back to 0.35. Infantry Sections are supposed to be static, defensive infantry. Having worse on the move DPS was suitable for this role.

Then the price should go back to 280 MP. That's what I think the easiest and best fix would be.
28 Apr 2020, 09:58 AM

I feel four man tommies are slightly UP, but your poll doesn't really diffentiate.

if IS were to get changes I would like to see a buff for four men or possibly brens at mid range. Then change bolster so you need to pay extra for replacemet squads (around 300mp).

5man tommies need to be good to live up to that 8pop price tag when rifles are 7. (less of an issue earlygame but more of a lategame problem combined with FF and churchhill population). So I think their performance is fine.
28 Apr 2020, 16:54 PM

Problem with Tommie is they are balanced around their ideal scenario. They are priced and balanced like they are always 5men fighting from cover. Their stock 4 man inflexible design suffers. Side techs should be options to improve the power of a unit not a required upgrade to inflate the price of an already ineffecient unit.
It will be impossible to have 4 man Tommie as a viable unit worth their cost while there is a global upgrade that makes them 25% better. Impossible.
28 Apr 2020, 17:04 PM

Remove trenches from Sections, remove the moving accuracy and revert price to 280. Done.
28 Apr 2020, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2020, 17:04 PMFarlion
Remove trenches from Sections, remove the moving accuracy and revert price to 280. Done.

Congrats, now sections are even worse then during the time no one ever used brits, because sections couldn't do anything and faction was completely avoided competitively.

Damn, I'm so glad its Sander, Mira, etc and not people like you on the balance team.
28 Apr 2020, 19:46 PM

I don´t wanna make a thread about it, but they have a quite devastating grenade. Is it the timer being so short or the alert sometimes coming way to late?
Yees... its l2p but still even if i moved my unit the moment the grenade drops i struggle to get "no" damage....

any infos about the properties of IS grenades in compairson to others somehwere?
28 Apr 2020, 19:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2020, 19:36 PMKatitof

Congrats, now sections are even worse then during the time no one ever used brits, because sections couldn't do anything and faction was completely avoided competitively.

Damn, I'm so glad its Sander, Mira, etc and not people like you on the balance team.

UKF got a lot of buffs to make them better overall recently. Like WASP Flamer, Smoke on Pyro-Sections, Assault Officer, Cromwell MG buff, Comet decent again, Crocodile not nerfed like IS2/Tiger/Pershing, cheaper mortar pits, faster shooting sniper, snare on sappers and so on.

The only real nerfs they got were against the emplacement cancer and Centaur/UC. UC is still very good today and Centaur is OK even though it's probably a bit slow now that it doesn't do that much damage anymore.

The problem with UKF that despite the things I mentioned they still have no elite infantry comparable to Shocks, Rangers or Paratroopers so they can't replace wiped Sections with better infantry. Commandos are not suited as a mainline infantry as they are only useful for ambushing. That means that Sections have to be good enough during the entire game. UKF also doesn't have a regular AI LV like Luchs or T70 so again Sections have to carry the load. They also don't have reliable indirect fire so on most narrow maps they will be forced into blobbing just so they can counter an MG. Most of their other indirect fire options are not as good as their counterparts on other factions.

Considering Relic doesn't allow the balance team to make UKF a more well-rounded faction there are only two options. Either make Infantry Sections OP and UKF viable or make Infantry Sections balanced and make UKF a way worse choice than USF and Soviets. Neither option is particularly fun.

28 Apr 2020, 19:49 PM

Sander, AKA "bbbbbut muh 4v4 Ostheer balance?"

Meanwhile USF dominates in 1v1 and 4v4 players claim USF "struggles." So why doesn't bal team nerf USF 1v1 and buff their 4v4 performance.

Meanwhile Brits gets overbuffed section without a thought in the world, completely throwing away the whole "STATIC INFANTRY" part about sections, that even on the move acc has to be the same as all other squads while sections and sappers STILL perform noticeably better in cover. Talk about wanting to have their cake and eating it.

And who's Mira? I'd like to see his playercard. And I heard Kasarov is also on the team? I recall his avatar is a hammer and sickle. I can only hope that he's an objective member of the bal team.

He is talking about Miragefla. Who is basically a Ost main if you look at number of games with each faction

Kasarov helps with UI things. Not related to balance itself.
28 Apr 2020, 19:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2020, 19:36 PMKatitof

Sections were just fine before the buffs, it was the faction that struggled. I got to 59 ukf easily by abusing how good sections were.
28 Apr 2020, 20:09 PM

Permanently Banned

He is talking about Miragefla. Who is basically a Ost main if you look at number of games with each faction

Kasarov helps with UI things. Not related to balance itself.

I respect Miragefla and Tightrope, however the rest of the balance team does not. Miragefla was keenly aware of OP sections and UP Ost units. Bal team ignored him.
28 Apr 2020, 21:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2020, 17:04 PMFarlion

This plus some UC buffs.

The new doctrinal IS should help a lot to clear the gap between mobile assault and ground control
28 Apr 2020, 21:04 PM

This plus some UC buffs.

The new doctrinal IS should help a lot to clear the gap between mobile assault and ground control

UC should be nerfed, not buffed.
28 Apr 2020, 21:08 PM

UC should be nerfed, not buffed.

Agreed, but i am considering nerfing IS in return.

I didnt mean UC triple buffs anyway
28 Apr 2020, 21:10 PM

The only way the UC could be buffed is either through adding a base fuel cost, or by giving it an upgrade (similar to OKW's 221 -> 223) that also costs fuel. A T0, 0-fuel vehicle isn't (and can't be) a great unit after the first few minutes.
28 Apr 2020, 21:12 PM

UC should get a 10 fuel cost added.

Sections should straight up go back to before the buffs.

Valentine should be nerfed.

Royal artillery's overwatch ability should be deleted.

Then buff Bolster cost, add mortar HT alongside AEC unlock, make commandos from mobile assault come in as 5men if called from off map, fix land mattress, buff Centaur vet requirements, buff Brens but they take up 2 weapons slots.

And all is good.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight