Changes i feel grens need

PAGES (16)down
25 Apr 2020, 15:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

+1

25 Apr 2020, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2020, 15:08 PMKatitof

Well, M5 isn't exactly early game unit and ambulance doesn't allow you to reinforce in combat, its also not exactly mobile or durable.

That’s not an argument, they all have pros and cons but can function in the same role.

Ambulance arrives earlier, can heal en masse and is supported by stronger LVs. Is more vulnerable.
251 is more durable, can transport and is supported by good support weapons. Costs 30 fuel which sets you back and can only heal squads inside it.
M5 is on the same tier as the T70 and has very durable infantry and support weapons around it. Costs 30 fuel, arrives later and can’t heal.
25 Apr 2020, 18:13 PM

I don't mind higher lethality on standard rifles and such. It puts more importance on positioning rather than cheese grenade wipes.
25 Apr 2020, 18:16 PM

I don't mind higher lethality on standard rifles and such. It puts more importance on positioning rather than cheese grenade wipes.

Relic even posted short clips explaining gameplay benefits of high lethality years ago.
There was this one clip showing how PGs can't just frontally assault and roflstomp 2 cons, but they still could if they went by cover.
25 Apr 2020, 18:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2020, 18:16 PMKatitof

Relic even posted short clips explaining gameplay benefits of high lethality years ago.
There was this one clip showing how PGs can't just frontally assault and roflstomp 2 cons, but they still could if they went by cover.

Exactly. I have a faint memory of the early days of CoH2 where stuff like Mortars and grenades were much more important than they are now because unit rifle fire just didn't do enough damage.
25 Apr 2020, 18:31 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

1 post about nerfs instead of buffs if it's in any way relevent please. We understand your PoV. No need to repeat it.
25 Apr 2020, 20:39 PM

oshteer is a very munitions hungry faction early game.
all your munition goes elsewhere like on
fausts
tellers
med bunker
if you could get the lmg out easier then grens are fine.
let me not get started on that shitty med kit they have. please give them aura healing
25 Apr 2020, 20:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2020, 20:39 PMDAZ187
oshteer is a very munitions hungry factions early game.
fausts
tellers
med bunkers
let me not get started on that shitty med kit they have. please give them aura healing

Noooooooo. On field Aura healing on pios and grens and iirc ostroppen? That won't absolutely flip the game balance on its head. No way no how. Aura heals should be restricted not handed out like you are designing a wfa faction. Use your noggin. It's a TACTICAL rts. Resource management is a big part of that.
25 Apr 2020, 21:25 PM

Noooooooo. On field Aura healing on pios and grens and iirc ostroppen? That won't absolutely flip the game balance on its head. No way no how. Aura heals should be restricted not handed out like you are designing a wfa faction. Use your noggin. It's a TACTICAL rts. Resource management is a big part of that.

then take it away from other factions or give grens a different a vet ability
25 Apr 2020, 21:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2020, 21:25 PMDAZ187

then take it away from other factions or give grens a different a vet ability

I'm on board. Ambulance can keep it but tommiws don't need it. And medkit is a fine ability. It means you don't have to retreat when you take damage but don't lose modelsfor ANY squad (including your mg42 that you need to hold the enemy hoards at bay) . It's one of the few efa vet abilities that suited the units it was on. Its cheap, like 10mu iirc. Only thing I would change is moving some rec acc around to apply to vet 1 as well
25 Apr 2020, 21:42 PM

Well that is the biggest issue. Ostheer's power level in teamgames is excellent and Grens are fine when it's easy to back them up with 1-2 HMG 42s and Pioneers on a smaller piece of map where fights are more concentrated, or when you have a 251 or an OKW Battlegroup on the front lines for forward reinforcing. Ostheer teamgames performance is the reason why they haven't been getting any straight up buffs because it'd risk breaking the faction in those modes.

Any change has to be checked against all modes and that's where straight up Gren (or Ostheer) buffs run into a wall.

If there are going to be any changes they'd have to be smart changes that don't straight up increase the power level but rather influence things like momentum, so that they wouldn't influence the other modes as much. So for example I would think about something like adding a 150mp/15fu medics upgrade to the HQ (but keeping the medic bunker so players can choose what to invest) so that Ostheer no longer needs munitions for medics, so Grens can get their LMG 42s faster, as the upgrade really helps their early-mid game but isn't overly available right now because Ostheer needs to spend a lot of munitions on healing and tellers.

Sander, are you really saying that? Indeed Grenadiers is fine. After all, they have mg42 in t0. This is the asymmetric balance right.

Tell me what changes in your opinion should be made for all 5 fractions.
25 Apr 2020, 21:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2020, 20:39 PMDAZ187
oshteer is a very munitions hungry faction early game.
fausts
tellers
med bunker

Lol. The USF is also a hungry faction. But the fact is that the grenadiers will get their mg faster than the riflemans get the bar. You need to buy grenades, then weapon racks, and ambulance. And all this costs man power and fuel. And you slow down the calling of the light vehicles.
25 Apr 2020, 21:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2020, 21:50 PMRiley

Lol. The USF is also a hungry faction. But the fact is that the grenadiers will get their mg faster than the riflemans get the bar. You need to buy grenades, then weapon racks, and ambulance. And all this costs man power and fuel. And you slow down the calling of the light vehicles.

rifles are good without upgrades.
25 Apr 2020, 22:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2020, 21:56 PMDAZ187

Only until opposing upgrades start showing up.
Sorry, you won't be able to always perfectly flank that LMG gren.
25 Apr 2020, 22:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2020, 21:56 PMDAZ187

Grens are good without upgrades.
26 Apr 2020, 00:55 AM

Grenadiers. This is a 240 MP unit that preforms like a 300 MP unit supported by a 260 MP HMG42 that preforms like a 360 MP HMG. Like most OST units they cost far too little for how well they preform. No one wants to fix this though.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS