Login

russian armor

Vickers suppresssion speed?

19 Apr 2020, 08:21 AM

I said it does not deal 10%, pls read again. Heavy cover mitigates half the incoming damage. The squad might get hurt by the far AoE, only 1-2 models will receive near AoE dmg. Overall it hurts the creo by 10-20% of the squad health

You are underestimating the damage by a big margin. By your calculation you would need 5 to 10 rifle nades to clear a mg crew from cover. This is simply not the case. Even if the squad is somehow super spread out in green cover so you can only hit 1 member per grenade (which doesn't happen in the actual game), it will take 8 grenades max. In the actual game however it just takes 2 grenades and a LMG burst or two.
19 Apr 2020, 10:33 AM

Did you know that even the riflenade is affected by directional cover? Even mortars do. If the Vickers is on heavy cover even if the gren squad scores a riflenade dead center, it only damages around 10% to the whole squad (not that the riflenade deals 10% dmg only). Bundlenades too, unless you flanked the HMG.

Wait whaaaaat?!

Grenades are affected by directional cover too? Even if they explode behind the cover , while beeing thrown over the cover?!
19 Apr 2020, 11:20 AM

Wait whaaaaat?!

Grenades are affected by directional cover too? Even if they explode behind the cover , while beeing thrown over the cover?!

Yes. If the grenade is thrown over the cover, damage is reduced. Sometimes it is therefor better to tank the grenade while you are in green cover instead of moving out of it, because the moment you lose green cover bonus you take full damage - even if the grenade was thrown over the cover.
19 Apr 2020, 11:58 AM

In the actual game however it just takes 2 grenades and a LMG burst or two.

Not behind green cover...
19 Apr 2020, 13:28 PM

It is at least a detail to consider, a well placed HMG can stand better against the marginal example of a riflenade. Trading a single model (30MP) and a skillshot that costs 30Mu for only a slight amount of damage is a bad trade. I think that its possible to kill the gunner if it hits just right, but im not sure about it.

It is relevant since this feature punishes badly placed hmgs compared to well defended positions. Trences and buildings are even better. This simple mechanic teaches and rewards players to use the hmg in a specific way. If you really want to stop grens from using riflenade, you should nerf their fire animation, nerfing overall the gren squad.

I do think that volks lavanade is BS when they can throw it under vickers fire, since it will force the vickers to move and damage the crew a lot more. The volks suppression bulletin is a big issue aswell.

I said it does not deal 10%, pls read again. Heavy cover mitigates half the incoming damage. The squad might get hurt by the far AoE, only 1-2 models will receive near AoE dmg. Overall it hurts the creo by 10-20% of the squad health

The point is that you CAN deliver the damage, not how much it is. You make it should like you must spend 30mu when it's your choice to do so and the short coming of the Mg makes it an option. Green cover counts for all nades but no allied nade is going to make it due to proper suppression and shorter ranges. But the point of an Mg is to stop infantry frontally and just because the rg doesn't deal a heap of damage doesn't mean being able to fire it when under Mg fire isn't a boon.
19 Apr 2020, 14:07 PM

It is a decent mg - just don't expect it to work on its own (like all mgs). It really stops a blob but you must have similar number of units supporting it as there are in the blob.
19 Apr 2020, 14:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's also why people complaining about the damage of the mg34 confuse me very much. Good damage really isn't necessarily a good thing for an HMG

It's because people want to counter HMGs with... other HMGs. And only high damage will win you that minute-long shootout.

Mortars apparently are not an option.
19 Apr 2020, 15:24 PM

It's because people want to counter HMGs with... other HMGs. And only high damage will win you that minute-long shootout.

Remember that thread once, complaining about ZiS being able to counter other ATGs while they can't shoot back?

Yeah, apparently people thing everything is general use unit that should counter its own archetype and if its not, its up/other one is op.
19 Apr 2020, 23:35 PM

i mean... TECHNICALLY when you are using an mg34 (as in okw) mortars literally are not an answer.... but thats why volks can frontally charge it and burn it down isnt it?
20 Apr 2020, 08:18 AM

I had a couple if matches now where the vickers immediatly suppresed my volks on max range.
I'm gathering footage atm.
I dont think its bad at all :/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
unknown 19
Germany 15
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W