Login

russian armor

Rear Echelon very weak.

13 Apr 2020, 14:34 PM

In my opinion, this is the weakest engineering unit in the game and the most limited. He does not have a flamethrower, can not put explosive mines. His M1 carbine the terrible middle and long-range DPS, and the near range is also worse than mp40 and mp44.

Why not give them a m3 Grease gun. it still be significantly worse than the stormpioners, but will have an advantage over the pioneers of Osther until the pioneers buy a flamethrower.

Or give him the bazooka, like the lieutenant. Any changes it requires anyway.

I remember about vet 3 and the ability to suppress. But that does not work. This unit needs to be useful in the beginning (early game), like all other engineering units.

sorry my bad english..
13 Apr 2020, 14:35 PM

i don't see how this is an issue considering their pricetag.
13 Apr 2020, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2020, 14:34 PMRiley

Or give him the bazooka

You... for real...?
Are you aware of weapon racks existence?
13 Apr 2020, 14:36 PM

Guess you've never seen Rear Echelon use Volley Fire or have Double Bazookas, have you?

You want to use a US Engineer with balls, use Assault Engineers. They can wipe quite easily early game and can be upgraded with Flamethrowers.

I actually cringe when I see assault engineers bum rush my non-upgraded grens. Four men squads are rather squishy.

Honestly, of all things that annoy me, Volley Fire really irritates me because it can suppress my MG42's in the right situation. But I shrug and go, 'Eh, L2P better, Sp33dSnake'.
13 Apr 2020, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2020, 14:35 PMKatitof

You... for real...?
Are you aware of weapon racks existence?

Sure. Do you really think me so stupid? But why should this be an obstacle. A lieutenant can also buy a bazooka without racks. But you can ignore this moment. I suggested only one of the options.
13 Apr 2020, 14:48 PM

Guess you've never seen Rear Echelon use Volley Fire or have Double Bazookas, have you?

You want to use a US Engineer with balls, use Assault Engineers. They can wipe quite easily early game and can be upgraded with Flamethrowers.

Honestly, of all things that annoy me, Volley Fire really irritates me because it can suppress my MG42's in the right situation. But I shrug and go, 'Eh, L2P better, Sp33dSnake'.

The most stupid and annoying thing to say is to use units from the doctrine. In every game, I will use the doctrine of assault engineers so as not to use the rear echelon, yes.
13 Apr 2020, 14:51 PM

Give them a BAR and they rapidly become vet 3. Synergizes with volley fire as well.

No buff needed whatsoever.
13 Apr 2020, 14:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2020, 14:45 PMRiley

Sure. Do you really think me so stupid? But why should this be an obstacle. A lieutenant can also buy a bazooka without racks. But you can ignore this moment. I suggested only one of the options.

Their cost is 200mp, and you can get them Tier 0. They are actually more cost efficent than say, Sturmpioneers because of the MP difference, and it costs 75 muni to give them one schrek. The advantage they have is their close range DPS, which is nullified by Volley Fire.

Get assault engineers if you want sturmpios. RE's are more for capping/defense purposes.
13 Apr 2020, 14:54 PM

Give them a BAR and they rapidly become vet 3. Synergizes with volley fire as well.

No buff needed whatsoever.

Why give a bar initially to a weaker unit, it is better to give it an Rifleman. I practically did not see that in rating games or in tournaments someone would give the echelon the bar, enough to give it to the Rifleman.
13 Apr 2020, 14:55 PM

why buff a starter unit? so usf becomes what OKW has been for ages and brits have become since the latest patch? Buffing starter units is a terrible idea
13 Apr 2020, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2020, 14:54 PMRiley

Why give a bar initially to a weaker unit, it is better to give it an Rifleman. I practically did not see that in rating games or in tournaments someone would give the echelon the bar, enough to give it to the Rifleman.

...Guy who complains about RE's not having powerful weaponry now complains about giving RE's powerful weaponry.
13 Apr 2020, 14:58 PM

...Guy who complains about RE's not having powerful weaponry now complains about giving RE's powerful weaponry.

You just can't please some people.
13 Apr 2020, 14:59 PM

Their cost is 200mp, and you can get them Tier 0. They are actually more cost efficent than say, Sturmpioneers because of the MP difference, and it costs 75 muni to give them one schrek. The advantage they have is their close range DPS, which is nullified by Volley Fire.

Get assault engineers if you want sturmpios. RE's are more for capping/defense purposes.

Is someone buying a rear echelon second time? You get stormriponers at the beginning of the game for free. You do not spend 300 mp on them. And what an argument tier 0. Aren't the pioneers in tier0? lol
13 Apr 2020, 15:01 PM

My eyes bleed when I see this opener.
13 Apr 2020, 15:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2020, 14:59 PMRiley
Aren't the pioneers in tier0? lol

Sure they are!
They also can't get 2x powerful all-range automatic weapons, 2x good enough AT weapons or 5th man stock and don't have at the worst, 2nd strongest mainline inf next to them.

I honestly feel like we're baited into a troll thread here, but its really hard to tell with people making threads like this seriously here all the time.
13 Apr 2020, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2020, 15:01 PMKatitof

Sure they are!
They also can't get 2x powerful all-range automatic weapons, 2x good enough AT weapons or 5th man stock and don't have at the worst, 2nd strongest mainline inf next to them.

I honestly feel like we're baited into a troll thread here, but its really hard to tell with people making threads like this seriously here all the time.

They also can’t get a flamethrower, nor can they have such a good DPS as mp40 and mp44 for free.
13 Apr 2020, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2020, 14:54 PMRiley

Why give a bar initially to a weaker unit, it is better to give it an Rifleman.

There is no limit, you can give every squad a BAR if you want.
13 Apr 2020, 15:04 PM

As already mentioned; RE are supposed to be used defensivly. Build tank traps and barb wire with them; Later you can use them as a very cheap AT squad with double zookas on a 5 man squad on vet 3.

RE arent supposed to be mainline infantry of any sort; that role is filled by rifles fully.

No changes needed really.
13 Apr 2020, 15:28 PM

I think they should be buffed with their synergy with fighting positions.

they get grenades on entrance and it seems there was supposed to be some synergy here, but it's too weak to really be useable.
13 Apr 2020, 15:51 PM

Only issue is why they are 25mp per model, then I remember when they were 160mp and 20mp per model and I leave it at that, since now they are far better in combat than back in the day.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★