Login

russian armor

Tiger nerf

PAGES (13)down
11 Apr 2020, 10:52 AM

Upon testing the new tiger I, i have to say, that the nerf was too heavy. IN several games now the tiger couldnt even punish riflemen blobs charging over red cover. After several shots it had only 1 kill over many games. Even after vetting up it could do shit against infantry.

In my opinion the 12 cp nerf was and a slight aoe nerf would have been enough. The new 30% turret rotation is utter garbage.

But god bless 60 range td jackson which could put the tiger out of his misery.

RIP Ost. RIP Tiger. You will be missed

Moderation. PLs move to balance
11 Apr 2020, 11:05 AM

I had the same, faced blobby players in a longer game, and when I looked the tiger stats at the end of game, I couldn't believe he made only 1 kill. It gained some experience from dealing damage, but kills only 1. Not what u expect from an expensive 12cp unit.
11 Apr 2020, 11:10 AM

A miracle unit effective against everything is no longer a miracle unit effective against everything.

Time to remember other units exist, hopefully heavy meta is dead now.
11 Apr 2020, 11:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2020, 11:10 AMKatitof
A miracle unit effective against everything is no longer a miracle unit effective against everything.

Funny, game I played yesterday in the evening, the enemy tiger almost wiped my spread out squad at medium range. People will always find something to complain about I guess.
11 Apr 2020, 11:35 AM

But now it is a unit, that is good at nothing and gets beaten up by everything. Pak penetration values were set high, because of strong heavy tanks. Now, they still fuck up heavys but heavys cant retaliate.

A change was necessary indeed, but now heavys - the tiger at least - is at the edge of borderline uselessness, while everything else still counters them, as if they were heavy hitters.
11 Apr 2020, 11:40 AM

I've been saying the Tiger was being neutered for weeks and the balance team was okay with it. Not sure why the complaints, they clearly intended to delete the unit from the game.
11 Apr 2020, 11:42 AM

Switch to Brummbär + Paks + Grens.

Tiger isn't a good investment now. It can get a few good hits but I don't consider it as reliable any longer.

Heavy nerfs hit Ostheer harder than anybody else. The whole faction relied on it and now the cardhouse collapsed. Just like I predicted weeks ago.
aaa
11 Apr 2020, 11:48 AM

Didnt notice much changes, still wipes. If any problem with it just lower cost by 10 fuel. No need for anti-everything win button.
11 Apr 2020, 12:20 PM

A miracle unit effective against everything is no longer a miracle unit effective against everything anything.

FTFY.
11 Apr 2020, 12:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2020, 11:42 AMButcher
Switch to Brummbär + Paks + Grens.

Might I add Puma + Brummbar + Panther is a pretty solid combo. Panther can take hits and screen the Brummbar that keeps inf away while Puma can flank and hunt down mediums. StuGG is also a good alternative to the Panther vs mediums spam.

Puma has been surprisingly great despite the late deployment around 10mins.
11 Apr 2020, 12:29 PM

A bugged OP unit gets fixed and less than 24hrs after the patch we have crying threads.

it's still as lethal as ever vs inf once you get the scatter bonus at vet 2. And it's not like a vet 2 tiger is hard to obtain. Tightrope himself has proven this in tests, it's not quite as good as IS-2 or KT but it fires faster.

thankfully tiger is not the wipe machine at vet0 it was before.

11 Apr 2020, 12:35 PM

mind your units composition. combined arms.
stop and shoot your tiger.
tiger is easy to vet up, and it's rof and buffed turret makes it a better killer.

the secret is to vet up. no longer it can OP solo.
l2p issue.

brits are still shitty without late game unit.
MMX
11 Apr 2020, 12:39 PM

A bugged OP unit gets fixed and less than 24hrs after the patch we have crying threads.

it's still as lethal as ever vs inf once you get the scatter bonus at vet 2. And it's not like a vet 2 tiger is hard to obtain. Tightrope himself has proven this in tests, it's not quite as good as IS-2 or KT but it fires faster.

quite unlikely, since the vet 2 scatter bonus was removed and replaced by 30% faster turret rotation... unless, of course, that change somehow didn't make it into the final patch as advertised.
11 Apr 2020, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2020, 12:39 PMMMX

quite unlikely, since the vet 2 scatter bonus was removed and replaced by 30% faster turret rotation... unless, of course, that change somehow didn't make it into the final patch as advertised.

I stand corrected, but still it feels a lot more lethal at vet.
11 Apr 2020, 12:49 PM

So this... is the power of the Tiger... Amazing... Just 67 seconds of uninterrupted fire to kill a single conscript squad

I stand corrected, but still it feels a lot more lethal at vet.

Lol, gets refuted, still stands by his(refuted) opinion

You cannot make this shit up

MMX
11 Apr 2020, 12:50 PM

I've been saying the Tiger was being neutered for weeks and the balance team was okay with it. Not sure why the complaints, they clearly intended to delete the unit from the game.

the aoe adjustments did very little to the overall anti-inf performance of the tiger and nothing at all to its capability to fight armor. if anything the vet 2 change may have been a bit overboard, but i'd rather reserve my judgement if the turret rotation buff may compensate for it at least in part. not sure what specifically neutered the unit into oblivion in your opinion, but by all means please elaborate.
11 Apr 2020, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2020, 12:35 PMmrgame2
mind your units composition. combined arms.
stop and shoot your tiger.
tiger is easy to vet up, and it's rof and buffed turret makes it a better killer.

the secret is to vet up. no longer it can OP solo.
l2p issue.

brits are still shitty without late game unit.

I did vet it up to vet 3. Nonetheless. Infatry could perfecctly march next to him without beeing punished for it. Clearing support weapons and retreat. What is the point of a heavy tank now? P4s are now better at AI which seems stupid to me.
11 Apr 2020, 14:01 PM

Actually the dominant heavy was IS-2 and the reason of Tiger meta was IS-2. Yet Tiger got the harder beating in the patch.
11 Apr 2020, 14:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2020, 14:01 PMJilet
Actually the dominant heavy was IS-2 and the reason of Tiger meta was IS-2. Yet Tiger got the harder beating in the patch.

Tiger was capable of beating IS-2 even before armor nerf and was much more oppressive against infantry with longer base range, faster RoF and scatter reduction vet on top of already low scatter and large AoE.

Tiger was dominant, because it was batshit insane.
11 Apr 2020, 14:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2020, 14:01 PMJilet

Add to that, if the Tiger was so oppressive, how comes Pershing, with it's higher anti infantry performance, coupled with better infantry support, was not? A big think moment indeed...
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 43
unknown 11
Germany 9
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W