Login

russian armor

I&R Pathfinder arty is perfectly balanced - change my mind

19 Mar 2020, 16:09 PM

Howdy!

Recently I've been memeing around with USF I&R Pathfinders that have the 140 muni arty that has no tech requirements. Additionally it has a very short drop time, there is no warning shout from the unit it gets dropped on and it can be called in without breaking camo and has a big cast range supported by pathfinders' excellent vision.

But naturally there is more. If a single shell hits a tank it gets stunned and gets engine damaged. Recently I also learned that it can KO a heavy TD from full health. Now that sounds a bit too perfectly balanced if you ask me. And I don't think the damage and mental strain caused by this ability is completely fair to the Axis side since they have just a few seconds to dodge an ability that can be basically casted on any unit near cover of any sort.

Do you think this ability should get looked at since it is in an already potent commander?

Demonstration replay included
19 Mar 2020, 16:33 PM

I have pointed out the same thing and it should be fixed together with frag/butterfly bombing.
19 Mar 2020, 16:43 PM

A few seconds? It's more like you have only a single second to dodge.

1 second additional delay should be added, so it becomes dodgeable like the Frag bombs and Butterfly bombs next patch will be.
19 Mar 2020, 16:54 PM

1 second additional delay should be added, so it becomes dodgeable like the Frag bombs and Butterfly bombs next patch will be.

It should also be locked behind major...
19 Mar 2020, 16:56 PM

I would like to see them get two different arty call ins, one a mortar shell call in to counter team weapons early game and some sort of expensive late game overwatch AT arty call in.

Let's not just nerf it into major artillery and throw them on the nerfbin
19 Mar 2020, 17:54 PM

It's pretty OP. I'd like it if all the similarly impossible to dodge abilities got looked at and tweaked together though.
19 Mar 2020, 18:29 PM

Pathfinder arty is a whole different beast entirely - at least with frags and butterfly bombs you get the red smoke and also a plane drop and especially the frag bombing run offers plenty of reaction time if it is used in the middle of the map. Pathtfinder arty on the other hand has the exact same drop time no matter which part of the map so there is even less counterplay.

I think I&R pathfinders are the unit equivalent to Jaeger Armor Doctrine - it just has too many terrific abilities with great synergy condensed into a single package.

Maybe the artillery call-in could be added as a unit upgrade for the Pathfinders that also removes the camo so the opponent at least has a theoretical chance to dodge that balance delivery.
19 Mar 2020, 19:13 PM

Pathfinder arty is a whole different beast entirely - at least with frags and butterfly bombs you get the red smoke and also a plane drop and especially the frag bombing run offers plenty of reaction time if it is used in the middle of the map. Pathtfinder arty on the other hand has the exact same drop time no matter which part of the map so there is even less counterplay.

I think I&R pathfinders are the unit equivalent to Jaeger Armor Doctrine - it just has too many terrific abilities with great synergy condensed into a single package.

Maybe the artillery call-in could be added as a unit upgrade for the Pathfinders that also removes the camo so the opponent at least has a theoretical chance to dodge that balance delivery.

I would simply redesign the commander so that it not a better airborne commander:
Pathfinder removed->Riflemen can upgrade with "observation packages" unit gain +10 sight, can call in a light mortar barrage after officer upgrade, gains a 1 scoped rifle or has some increased far accuracy takes 1 or all weapon slots.

Combat Airdrop removed->Can now built or call in the support paras for 340

Raid tactic removed (can be move to mechanized without the infatry sight bonus)->Some vehicles can now launch flares
19 Mar 2020, 20:00 PM

Make it shittier and cheaper. Its 140 muni iirc? Just make it cheaper but way less strong

Or maybe add more shells, spread the damage out between the shells to be only slightly more than current, and increase the delay with same cost
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★