Login

russian armor

Pak Howitzer fix idea

13 Mar 2020, 21:04 PM

the only scenario where your LeIg change would not be broken as all fck is if the anti tank mode would be way weaker than shown in the video and also without homing missiles lol

Frist, that is a beta, showing the possibility to use animations. 2nd I made the leIG18 before it got buffed, with old AOE and damage-profile of 1 year ago. It was very decent. AT- was a clone of Puma, the speed wasn'T adjusted, what is why it was auto-aiming.

dirfect fire was weaker whan Zis3, AT was weaker than 45-mm-AT.

My plan for balance was to make Püppchen exclusive for Luftwaffe-Commander and Osttruppen-Commander.

OKW's lineup simply sucks, that is why Püppchen is such as confusing units and that is why leIG18 got buffed instead of give it abilities to fix more problems.

And now PaK-Howitzer has same problems, US has Mortars, so passive fire is there. They have Scots, so they have mobile (accurate) auto-fire. What should PaK-Howitzer be then?
13 Mar 2020, 23:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If I had the chance to modify the pack howitzer, it would be to remove its auto fire and focus on barrages. It'd still be reliable if barraging, but be vulnerable to mobile forces and require you pay attention to where the howizters are and add micro for the best use.

M8 Scotts -which are no part of this topic- I would first adjust their AOE and greatly lower their OHK radius, especially on auto fire then figure out how to make its regular barrage more useful at dislodging people.

Hey guys, i found the patch notes for the balance patch preview for 2021
14 Mar 2020, 01:16 AM

Remove autofire and buff barrages. This will force players to micro their pak howitzers and remove autofire wipes.
14 Mar 2020, 05:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2020, 20:24 PMVipper

Timing is essential. That was proven by many examples some of them most recent ones being when JLI was moved from CP 2 to CP 1 and Fall from 3 to 2.

I dont think timing is why the pack Howie is overperforming. Or the Scott for that matter. I mean yeah if you pushed the Scott to be a 15cp unit, that would stop it from being purchased.
14 Mar 2020, 06:44 AM

Nah the pak and Scott are performing fine for their timings.

They may seem op in laney 2v2 maps where the ost player expecting to do lazy lock down of any area. If you are moving about and play to win. They are no where as deadly.
14 Mar 2020, 08:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2020, 05:17 AMSerrith

I dont think timing is why the pack Howie is overperforming. Or the Scott for that matter. I mean yeah if you pushed the Scott to be a 15cp unit, that would stop it from being purchased.

A unit as an investment need to pay for its cost. The later it comes the less time its has.

If you make LMG Ober come before minute one they will automatically be OP without any further change.

If you move the Pack at major people will invest in other things and double pack will not be worth it.
14 Mar 2020, 10:01 AM

For that price no unit should be able to 1 shot a full crew of a support weapon. Performance of KV/Brummbär in such situations.

It should have profile of StuG E.
14 Mar 2020, 10:11 AM

For that price no unit should be able to 1 shot a full crew of a support weapon. Performance of KV/Brummbär in such situations.

It should have profile of StuG E.

Stug E is terrible though
14 Mar 2020, 10:53 AM

If I had the chance to modify the pack howitzer, it would be to remove its auto fire and focus on barrages. It'd still be reliable if barraging, but be vulnerable to mobile forces and require you pay attention to where the howizters are and add micro for the best use.

Glad to see my old idea stuck around.
We can hope relic will allow it and PACK howi could become faction unique barrage weapon instead of mortar on steroids.
jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2020, 10:11 AMGGnore

Except its not.
Its cheap infantry support platform and it does what it needs to very well for the cost.
14 Mar 2020, 10:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2020, 10:11 AMGGnore

As howitter its stats wouldn't be that bad. StuG E is bad because of bad acc. and bad shell speed on auto-fire. It makes AOE damage, like arty should do.

Beside, StuG E's change was bad. xD
14 Mar 2020, 20:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2020, 10:53 AMKatitof

Glad to see my old idea stuck around.
We can hope relic will allow it and PACK howi could become faction unique barrage weapon instead of mortar on steroids.
Except its not.
Its cheap infantry support platform and it does what it needs to very well for the cost.

Dude have you ever used the stug E ? its objectively terrible, no redeeming quality's over its nearest relative the scott,

-less range
-no barrage
-slower projectile
-no smoke
-no turret
-no 1 hit kill radius
-locked in doctrines

vs

+160hp

and they cost the same.
14 Mar 2020, 22:16 PM

If I had the chance to modify the pack howitzer, it would be to remove its auto fire and focus on barrages.

Because that works so well on field artillery.
16 Mar 2020, 05:44 AM

- no one, ever :snfPeter:

Said every allied fanboy, forever. Its typical of Axis fanboys to cry when every Allied unit is performing good. Like the jacksons nerf, was it needed? No. It can't even pen Tiger frontal armor or super heavies.

Axis fanboys cry pack howie wipes but what about Pzwfr or Stuka wipes? These units wipe out vet3 Allied infantry or support weapons when they are at vet 0, you don't see threads about that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★