Login

russian armor

I can't login to automatch(Might be banned?)

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
11 Mar 2020, 19:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

REMINDER THAT this is not CoH2 OFICIAL site.

Personal opinion.
Not sure what the metrics and rules are for "flaming". I could care less about it besides death threats and xenophobia.
I grew up with Counter Strike levels of "chat". I don't care about what other people can say.

I only care about what you are playing. So the moment you "give up", then just simple quit the game. If you go afk or throw a game, i wouldn't care less for how long you get ban. Even if you were losing hardly. Just quit.
11 Mar 2020, 19:43 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I only care about what you are playing. So the moment you "give up", then just simple quit the game. If you go afk or throw a game, i wouldn't care less for how long you get ban. Even if you were losing hardly. Just quit.

This is how I feel about this when I relate my personal experiences in ranked online games over the last 10 years. A lot of Dota 2 and then CoH2. I think players who intentionally ruin games for others should be punished. HOWEVER in dota and most other games you have the mute function to ignore players who are toxic or who are tilting you. That is not the case in CoH2. So while I think the reaction is a bit of a knee-jerk, I think 2 weeks is a bit harsh here. Not everyone can play whenever and when they do get time to play they want a fun game that’s fulfilling. That’s why I think some players might drop pretty early into loading and in game. If you’ve only got an hour to play it better be a good game and not some wasted hour you only get once a week.

I think this is one of the lightest things you could ever ask a ban over, and I’ve seen a lot more go unpunished. 7-day ban at most for this for OP and I’d like to say ban the player who instigated for like 2-days, but that’d be so ineffective and a double standard. If I had a dollar for every time someone said something rude to me on the internet I’d never have to work a day in my life.
11 Mar 2020, 19:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Agree wholeheartedly.

Fortunately we have the chat.
The first hour is just chat with the opponents.

As for how the game went, i don't know the 4v4 meta or how people play so i will just describe what i see.

Red ball Express

OP is on south spawn right side. He goes to that lane and camps it.
2 MG, 3 Motars, Zis, FHQ, Field HQ on first 6 mins of game.
Till 16 mins, the units outside engineers building mines or tech, literally didn't move. First action was to orientate 2 AT guns towards the middle of the map as enemies brought vehicles and forced the mortars to move back.
First interaction with anything outside the right sector was at min 21 when a Katyusha decides to barrage from mid.
Not sure how "normal" is to float 1800mp on these gamemodes while the rest are bleeding.
First "heavy action" was at min 26 when you are able to pull a KV2. CPs are a somehow good metric on how active you are. He is at 11 CP. His side partner is at 19CP while the average on all other 6 players is 14/15CP.
Since that first barrage on the Kat, it didn't move till this point.
At around 30ish minutes he is more active. Basically move Kv2 forward, get hit, pull back repair. Fire some Katy barrages, get his simcity offmap barrage and rebuild Field HQ. Best Maxim job ever. Been since the beginning of the game, barely moved at all, 25% xp and no kills no deaths.
Fast forward to 49 mins. Almost 2.4K mp banked. Cause the only thing that happens is, 2 Katyushas barraging. Moving 2 Zis back and forth and attacking with a KV2. Rest is "defending" right side. KV2 dies, insta recall.
55mins. 2.4K mp, 1K muni, 700f. After losing a Zis gun, insta queue building 3 of them for a total of 4 :D
1H04mins, basically went down to 200mp by constantly rebuilding more Zis guns every time you lose each of them to artillery.
PG taking a point, better barrage with all 4 Zis XD
1H08m your team had the VP lead. You proceed to send all your units back to HQ to afk and force the lose.
1H12m team loses.

Reminder before reading: OP was in the lane against a bot for most of the match, so ha portion of his stats go towards the bot.

I'd just add though:
His K/D is absolutely alright for SOV, damage was second highest and close to the first (but see note with the bot though).
To the static gameplay: OP played without main line infantry as far as aI could tell. 2-3 mortars, two maxims that where basically doing nothing and just camping the victory point. They did not have any fights because the bot it too stupid to properly attack and the Axis focused on the other two VPs. Something between 2-4 ATGs. I'm not too familiar with 4v4 builds, but this is a strange build. Still, if you play with randoms you should not be too mad about people like this.
His mortars where doing a decent job and in position, firing often. He was also often pushing with his ATGs and got quite a few kills (two ATGs had 4 vehicle kills and 5 infantry kills sometime in the mid game, although again there were probably at least 2 bot vehicles in there). Mortars and ATGs were vetted alright. OP also had a Katy (did not track it, but I remember it firing at least twice I think) and two KV2s, the first one did alright-ish, did not track the second one much. Can't remember other units, maybe there were some. He was floating a lot of MP and also MUN at the end.

I'd say OP does not play on the same skill level as Sturmpanther and Käsezwerg (weird build, overall reacting somewhat slower and not maxing the potential of his units as much), but if you're that sensitive about not playing with people worse than you don't play random matches. OP did an okay job and tried to support, I think it's just lack of micro.

So the only question that remains for me is:
Is going afk after being (lightly) flamed in the context of a basically lost game worth a two week ban? It's not okay to do this, but my gut feeling says it's also not ban worthy.
11 Mar 2020, 19:54 PM

Thanks for taking the time to review the game. Is there anyway to get the ban reduced? Looking at stock charts all day is boring!
11 Mar 2020, 20:41 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

After all the years people still don't know / notice that you can't see the teamchat in a replay...
11 Mar 2020, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2020, 19:54 PMheat911
Thanks for taking the time to review the game. Is there anyway to get the ban reduced? Looking at stock charts all day is boring!
unsure if this is made clear yet, we staff here on .org are not responsible for ingame bans. We’re responsible for this site, which holds a sizable portion of the online community, but ingame bans and actions are done by relic (the developers of CoH2). Their site is www.companyofheroes.com

I’m guessing the person you’d want to speak to would be RE_Andy who is the current community manager(CM), but I can’t even get a word in with that guy. The best bet in my opinion would be speaking with sturmpanther again. That or just grit your teeth.

Essentially we have limited ability to help in this case because bans are at the sole discretion of relic. It did spark a good conversation though :)
11 Mar 2020, 20:45 PM

After all the years people still don't know / notice that you can't see the teamchat in a replay...

Yeah I was wondering about that. Anything in team chat the community at large should know? ;)
11 Mar 2020, 20:47 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Yeah I was wondering about that. Anything in team chat the community at large should know?

Well I don't post reports and proofs etc public. I never did that in past about any person. Even when it would be good for the community (looking about prodigy, price, kimbo case...) But nope, I will not.

Just can say that there was in the 1 hour game "conversation" between people in teamchat.
11 Mar 2020, 20:49 PM

You can view it with the chat button at the top of replay thread. Sturm can you reduce my ban please? Many people agree this ban is questionable.
11 Mar 2020, 20:52 PM

Normally I would argue that there’s way worse behaviours that aren’t being punished and that he’s been scarred enough already to not do it again, but the fact this guy went into a 4v4 to camp a lane with Urban Defense and do nothing for 72mins tells me it’s better for the community if he’s banned so he won’t do that build again.

The build is worse than the bannable offense.

Kappa
11 Mar 2020, 20:54 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2020, 20:49 PMheat911

You can view it with the chat button at the top of replay thread. Sturm can you reduce my ban please? Many people agree this ban is questionable.

TEAMCHAT!!!!!

I know the feature in replays thx :rofl: But it only shows allchat

And nope.

Rule: 2 week for the first time reported (You say you did it the first time in your life. Ok, can be true, can be wrong. Nobody knows it. And that counts for every report we get, does no matter which case. We just can look about the situation what got reported. Tho what i learned from the 2 years now is that often people did it more often and not only 1 time. But yes there is a % chance who did it only 1 time and got instant reported. Shit happends)
11 Mar 2020, 21:01 PM

Yeah you looked at the situation with a personal bias. I feel griefed by your poor k/d and damage output that game, can you ban yourself and your ass of a team mate?
11 Mar 2020, 21:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2020, 21:01 PMheat911
Yeah you looked at the situation with a personal bias. I feel griefed by your poor k/d and damage output that game, can you ban yourself and your ass of a team mate?

Something tells me your ban was well justified...
11 Mar 2020, 21:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2020, 21:02 PMKatitof

Something tells me your ban was well justified...

Must be your tin ear.
11 Mar 2020, 21:16 PM

Maybe its time to get me in here.
1. You retreated all your units to base cuz you got mad about my chat message. So one has to see them in context to an one hour game where I often fought 2 players in mid and even got flanked by an AI tiger. Moreover my message ended with a "Kappa" what suggests that the message is kind of ironic or should not taken seriously.
2. You went "afk" on a point where we actually were winning this game. Despite many message in TEAMchat (didnt get saved in replay) where I wrote if you continue fighting and winning us this game, its totally fine and i dont care or even report you. But staying in base and loosing an 1h+ game on purpose is what got you the ban. It can be compared to team killing, etc.
So that sturmpanther also was in this game isnt the reason that got u banned and no one "abused" their moderation power.
For me it all sounds like you really didnt think that anything will happen if you just stay afk to annoy us. So this post is an opportunity for you to make it all public and hope to be able to put pressure on the moderation team. And ofc people doing this all day but not getting banned. But thats because no one is reporting them.
11 Mar 2020, 21:45 PM

Maybe if people would stop shit-talking, even if jokingly (which is subjective), then situations like this could be avoided.
"tHEn iNTeRNeT PRobAbLy ISnT tHe RiGHt pLAcE fOR YOu" is a lazy excuse for not trying to be a decent person.

And just to clarify, I'm not intending to offend anyone with this, just trying to show the right way.
11 Mar 2020, 21:47 PM

The funny thing is reading the chat you were loving the fact before my troops even reached my base you could ban me and get your enjoyment full well knowing your team mate is a mod.

The ban is not proportionate and the moderator did't warn me at all or identify himself as a mod. I had no idea I was "breaking any rules".

If you were fighting 2 players why don't you have double my damage output?

You must also understand not everyone understands your community slang, Kappa is a clothing company.

Your arguments are swiss cheese Kappa.
11 Mar 2020, 21:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

snip

The punishment timeframe may sound harsh, but it's what the rules say. If the bare minimum starts at 2 weeks, it doesn't matter how bad or tame the actions of OP were.

Also, that's barely flaming at all. We don't know what the team chat says but i have to see some other game ban someone for that light banter at all.
IDEALLY people who flame on chat would just get silenced not banned.

Snip

Similar response.
If i play like a camper and someone calls me a camper, i'm not entitled to get "mad".
If you float resources, don't move from the map and barely move units through a +1hour game and someone calls me "AFK" and i got triggered...

-surprisedpikachufacememe-
11 Mar 2020, 22:01 PM

You say nobody warned you but we did that multipe times in teamchat. And why should a moderator indentify himself to you? So you want to say that if you would have known that he is a moderator you wouldnt have done it? Well, thats not how it works. Your behavior got you banned regardless of whether there is a mod in the game or not. Do you also tell an undercover cop that you wouldnt have broken the rules if you would have known that he is a cop? He would say that you just got caught.
About the 2x more dmg I just can tell you that you maybe dont know how coh2 works and an AI is good in throwing in its stuff :)
11 Mar 2020, 22:04 PM

My units were moving, mortars firing and there was no float at the end. I wasn't particularly mad I just want to make a point to a tool. Mods and players can twist the rules and critique my game play style but its my style and like playing my way and I have a pretty decent score doing it.
The game should be enjoyed in a friendly environment and the rules relaxed. Its random 4v4. If you want to be uber competitive and anal about the rules go play a 1v1.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS