Login

russian armor

I can't login to automatch(Might be banned?)

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
10 Mar 2020, 16:20 PM

I get a blank ok confirm modal with no message, looking in the forums this might be a banned bug. Can someone check or help please?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198117238682
10 Mar 2020, 16:56 PM

yes if you get a blank message it means you are banned
10 Mar 2020, 16:59 PM

Yea thought so, would be nice to as to why and for how long?
10 Mar 2020, 18:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You can't find out why and for how long exactly. First offense is usually two weeks by Relic's standards. The reason you have to know yourself. Relic basically promised to ban in clear cases only.
10 Mar 2020, 18:47 PM

2 weeks ago I was in a 4v4 game with a mod and his team mate who were on discord together. It was a long tense game which was very close. The mods friend called me a bot and then said I was afk(saying I was a bad player) so I said to him ok then I will pull my forces back to base and act like a bot. I was defending the right side of red ball - on vps and fuel all game also attacking center often. Last 2 min of game I pulled all my troops to base and protested against this jerk.

We then lost and they both conferred in chat and made a judgement I was to be banned.

I have the replay and chat screen shots if needed as I knew they might pull this. Am in the wrong?
10 Mar 2020, 19:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2020, 18:47 PMheat911
2 weeks ago I was in a 4v4 game with a mod and his team mate who were on discord together. It was a long tense game which was very close. The mods friend called me a bot and then said I was afk(saying I was a bad player) so I said to him ok then I will pull my forces back to base and act like a bot. I was defending the right side of red ball - on vps and fuel all game also attacking center often. Last 2 min of game I pulled all my troops to base and protested against this jerk.

We then lost and they both conferred in chat and made a judgement I was to be banned.

I have the replay and chat screen shots if needed as I knew they might pull this. Am in the wrong?

Write a private message to Sturmpanther with your SteamID64 and he will be able to tell you why you are banned and for how long
10 Mar 2020, 21:29 PM

That sucks. Unfortunately you proved him right despite the context. It probably felt great but yeah. Sometimes it's best to get out. There are plenty of matches in the sea.
10 Mar 2020, 21:40 PM

Yup it sucks, been a clean player for 5 years and this is the only game I play. I don't know if Relic or sturmpanther will overturn the ban which I now know is for 2 weeks. That's a long time for just retreating all my units for 2 minutes....
11 Mar 2020, 04:02 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

That doesn’t even sound like a real offense to me. Maybe a bit toxic but it’s really light on the offenses in my opinion. You have the name of the supposed “mod”? Also anything else come to mind? Extreme vulgar language or tking will get you slapped real quick

Nice tron: legacy Profile pic too ;) love that film. Gorgeous and great soundtrack.
11 Mar 2020, 08:00 AM

The mod is sturmpanther. He admitted banning me for losing his game and conflated me moving some of my units into my base as team killing. I have the game replay if anyone needs it. There was no profanity from either side. Just his team mate was calling me afk and bot cause hes struggling to win his side of the map so I protested him being an ass.

Tron legacy is such an underrated film and who doesn't love daft punk :)
11 Mar 2020, 11:51 AM

I don't think mods should be able to ban someone if they are involved in the game. Surely it should be referred to another mod for quality assurance basically otherwise they can just rule with an iron fist.
11 Mar 2020, 12:32 PM

Mods cant ban anyone in CoH2, they can only report someone. But thats not a mod privilege. Anyone can send reports.

If you are retreating everything and announcing in chat that you go afk now to "punish" someone, then you deserve to be banned for it. Doesn't matter for what reason you did it.

11 Mar 2020, 12:52 PM

Mods cant ban anyone in CoH2, they can only report someone. But thats not a mod privilege. Anyone can send reports.

If you are retreating everything and announcing in chat that you go afk now to "punish" someone, then you deserve to be banned for it. Doesn't matter for what reason you did it.

My thought was, why should I give an arrogant player victory when I was playing better than the both of them. Its a team game. If the ban was for a day or 2 days I would have accepted it, the ban disproportionate to the action I took and the mod is clearly bending the rules.

I have been called alot worse by better in my life time, chief.
11 Mar 2020, 13:46 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

If you make such things public , well go for it!
But pls don't lie about what I did / wrote or not ;)
11 Mar 2020, 14:07 PM

lol you banned me for hurting your win/loss ratio. Griefing is such a vague word, hope I don't fart in the wrong direction when in a 4v4 with you again.
11 Mar 2020, 15:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2020, 12:52 PMheat911

My thought was, why should I give an arrogant player victory when I was playing better than the both of them. Its a team game. If the ban was for a day or 2 days I would have accepted it, the ban disproportionate to the action I took and the mod is clearly bending the rules.

I have been called alot worse by better in my life time, chief.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/246443/community-code-of-conduct#latest

The shortest ban is 2 weeks. There's no bending the rules.

If you get tilted by chat and you can't physically ignore it, then play with a group or simple leave the game if you think the other players are not worthy of your time . Announcing that you are gonna grief and then been surprised that you got punish by it is simply mindblowing.

"But he called me bad". Instead of answering at the same level or de-scaling the situation you went from usual useless chat to game affecting actions.
Let's say you felt entitled to "ruin" the experience of the player calling you bad. You are not only bothering him, his partner, also the other random and the opponents as well.

At this point you might as well upload the replay.
11 Mar 2020, 17:03 PM

Is pulling your units back bannable? I do this all the time.

Pull everything back and type "Your so good, well have it tough guy". Pool up my units and get them healed up for when the asshat drops. Cause they always do. After they brag that they are great and you are worse than AI, they get their ass kicked and drop. And usually are the worst players.

So whats a good way to tell them to grow up? Pull a VonIvan and just respond with "I like Pizza" no matter what they type?
11 Mar 2020, 17:09 PM

I have in the replays section. 2 weeks is excessive for moving my units for 2 minutes. Bending the rules is someones subjective interpretation of "griefing".
11 Mar 2020, 17:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/246443/community-code-of-conduct#latest

The shortest ban is 2 weeks. There's no bending the rules.

If you get tilted by chat and you can't physically ignore it, then play with a group or simple leave the game if you think the other players are not worthy of your time . Announcing that you are gonna grief and then been surprised that you got punish by it is simply mindblowing.

"But he called me bad". Instead of answering at the same level or de-scaling the situation you went from usual useless chat to game affecting actions.
Let's say you felt entitled to "ruin" the experience of the player calling you bad. You are not only bothering him, his partner, also the other random and the opponents as well.

At this point you might as well upload the replay.

I partially agree.
Still context matters, and (assuming what heat says happened exactly as he described it) there was a provocation for the action. This does not excuse the wrongdoing, but should be considered for the final decision. Also it should then be considered if the person provoking should be acted against as well.

Heat escalated unneccesarily, yes. If it's worth a ban is another question, but then again I am not part of the team that decides that. Apart from that, I also agree that mods should only in exceptional cases act if they are involved, especially if they are on the side that was negatively effected.

EDIT:
Watched the replay. Käsezwerg started the flaming (called Heat "afk", they're playing "3v4" and "at least Axis have a bot") at the end of a very likely already lost game (~25points vs more than 200; Axis lost a team member early and played with a bot, yet managed to bleed the Allies). Heat replied, announced to go afk and called Käsezwerg a "tool". Sturmpanther announced to ban Heat. Heat was then afk. In the game before he had a static support weapon build build, but participated in the battles.

I personally don't find this severe enough to be bannable. It's still a shitty move but not worth If Käsezwerg does not want to play with people that might be worse than him, don't play random 4v4 and start flaming, really. Both Heat and Käsezwerg violated Relic's code of conduct, so either both should get a ban or none. But that's just my two cents, I do not have any responsibility in branch of the community and therefore also no idea what are the agreements with Relic etc.
11 Mar 2020, 19:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I partially agree.
Still context matters, and (assuming what heat says happened exactly as he described it) there was a provocation for the action. This does not excuse the wrongdoing, but should be considered for the final decision. Also it should then be considered if the person provoking should be acted against as well.

Heat escalated unneccesarily, yes. If it's worth a ban is another question, but then again I am not part of the team that decides that. Apart from that, I also agree that mods should only in exceptional cases act if they are involved, especially if they are on the side that was negatively effected.

Agree wholeheartedly.

Fortunately we have the chat.
The first hour is just chat with the opponents.

[01:08:12] Vertsu: aaaah AI
[01:08:15] Kasewerg: at least u got a bot
[01:08:17] Kasewerg: we are 3v4 Kappa
[01:08:24] Kasewerg: right side afk
[01:08:38] Rinzler: iam afk?
[01:08:45] Rinzler: ok all unit back to my base then
[01:09:13] Rinzler: iom gonna sit in base then
[01:09:20] Kasewerg: nice, thats banabel :D
[01:09:21] SoE-Sturmpanther-: he really go afk
[01:09:28] Rinzler: right side open to axis
[01:09:31] Kasewerg: so he can get banned
[01:09:57] Rinzler: u wanna be a tool u get played like one
[01:10:40] Rinzler: so im "afk" really now
[01:10:42] SoE-Sturmpanther-: timeban
[01:11:12] Rinzler: if you abuse another player I will sit in base
[01:12:23] SoE-Sturmpanther-: he is really afk with all his untis
[01:12:32] Rinzler: no they are moving

As for how the game went, i don't know the 4v4 meta or how people play so i will just describe what i see.

Red ball Express

OP is on south spawn right side. He goes to that lane and camps it.
2 MG, 3 Motars, Zis, FHQ, Field HQ on first 6 mins of game.
Till 16 mins, the units outside engineers building mines or tech, literally didn't move. First action was to orientate 2 AT guns towards the middle of the map as enemies brought vehicles and forced the mortars to move back.
First interaction with anything outside the right sector was at min 21 when a Katyusha decides to barrage from mid.
Not sure how "normal" is to float 1800mp on these gamemodes while the rest are bleeding.
First "heavy action" was at min 26 when you are able to pull a KV2. CPs are a somehow good metric on how active you are. He is at 11 CP. His side partner is at 19CP while the average on all other 6 players is 14/15CP.
Since that first barrage on the Kat, it didn't move till this point.
At around 30ish minutes he is more active. Basically move Kv2 forward, get hit, pull back repair. Fire some Katy barrages, get his simcity offmap barrage and rebuild Field HQ. Best Maxim job ever. Been since the beginning of the game, barely moved at all, 25% xp and no kills no deaths.
Fast forward to 49 mins. Almost 2.4K mp banked. Cause the only thing that happens is, 2 Katyushas barraging. Moving 2 Zis back and forth and attacking with a KV2. Rest is "defending" right side. KV2 dies, insta recall.
55mins. 2.4K mp, 1K muni, 700f. After losing a Zis gun, insta queue building 3 of them for a total of 4 :D
1H04mins, basically went down to 200mp by constantly rebuilding more Zis guns every time you lose each of them to artillery.
PG taking a point, better barrage with all 4 Zis XD
1H08m your team had the VP lead. You proceed to send all your units back to HQ to afk and force the lose.
1H12m team loses.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight