Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace Explained

PAGES (13)down
12 Nov 2013, 14:17 PM

I respect Link0's opinion. I remember him from CoH1 and he generally knows what he's talking about; however, the Tiger Ace does not sound like an instant-win unit to me. Let's wait and see how it plays out.

A tank with the power of 2 tigers is a fair trade-off for cutting off income for the rest of the game, and you can't exactly dominate the whole map when all that power is contained within one single unit. It can only be in one place at a time and only shoot one target at a time.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2013, 08:31 AMlink0

The problem is when you call in the Ace right before you do an all out all or nothing attack. Who cares about income when you just completely wipe out their army. A tank with the power of 2 Tigers is insane.
12 Nov 2013, 14:25 PM

Tiger ace summed up in 3 words,

NOT WORTH IT

just build 2 tigers...
12 Nov 2013, 14:45 PM

Just chill everybody, Relic's making this DLC as Imba as every DLC/Addon they released.
Just give them all your money and as soon as they reached approximately their estimated earnings from it, then they will balance the DLC into being 10% weaker than the other commanders and everybody is happy again.

Rinse, repeat. Relic's goal is that everybody pays at least 100€ for coh2. After that they will produce a 30€ Addon and some further DLCs.

After that there will be coh3, again tons of DLC and addons.

The coh1 patch has to wait till they got enough money out of coh2, if it ever happens.

- Oppossing fronts: Freewin Brits, everybody pls buy it
- Tales of Valor: Freewin new units, everybody pls buy it
- Ostheer units: Freewin new units, everybody pls buy it
- Field Hqs: Freewin new building, everybody pls buy it
- New Dlc: Guess what, Freewin stuff, everybody pls buy it
12 Nov 2013, 16:15 PM

I'll post my opinion of the Tiger ace after the patch...

Likewise. You'd think more would too.
12 Nov 2013, 16:50 PM

You can purchase vet at 1 CP?
What the f**k???...:))
12 Nov 2013, 16:53 PM

I think best use of this doctrine would be too play aggresive inf strat, really push on 2 VPs, once VPs start to get low, you can just send the tiger ace with minimal support to one VP, with majority of your army at other.

Kinda like king tiger was ussually played on coh1.

Either that, or build lots of tanks with plenty of pios to repair. Save up a bit of manpower before calling it in, as pios are cheap to reinforce. Now just keep pios safe for repairing, and guard those VPs!

12 Nov 2013, 16:56 PM

Oh , a German tank that can finally own Russian tanks? Blasphemy. xD

Very interested to see that Tiger Ace. The thing that really made me rage so far in this game was that SU-85s could sit back and snipe. This was totally ignoring historical facts - as this was what the Germans did, not the Russians. With increased range on the Tiger ace this shouldn´t be possible any longer. Imo Germans should all be about quality and less quantity. Thus I welcome this unit.

Tbh. it doesn´t sound very balanced. If the game is very close this could be an I win button.

But let´s see.
12 Nov 2013, 16:57 PM

A Tiger Ace is like a relic unit from DoW. Big, bad and scary, but easily defeated if it's alone and fighting against a large army.

So it's unlikely to be an instant win unit, but we'll have to see it in action first.
12 Nov 2013, 17:02 PM

It's going to be mostly used in team games I assume. In 1v1, if you deplete all your ressource income and then have your Tiger disabled and/or your Pios killed, you're basically dead. Not to mention that you pretty much need to baserush since your opponent will have a field day with VPs.

We'll have to see exactly how overpowered it is. If it really is ''2 tigers'' (as in, twice the HP, twice the dmg, ect.) then yeah it's basically going to be an utter terror. What I fear is the Ace being used by an already slightly winning German player to basically stomp his opponent with no chance of comeback. A unit like that with a complete army backing it up would be invincible.

I foresee much laying of mines, eh.
12 Nov 2013, 17:15 PM

Honestly I don't see it used in Teamgames, because if you call it in, and your teammates dont commit to a final push you are fucked.

In a 1v1 you can still send it into the enemy base and hopefully end the game buy killing the enemys economy! :D
12 Nov 2013, 17:19 PM

It does seem more valuable in a 1v1 situation, where you don't have to trust your teammates to call it in.
12 Nov 2013, 18:27 PM

- Oppossing fronts: Freewin Brits, everybody pls buy it
- Tales of Valor: Freewin new units, everybody pls buy it
- Ostheer units: Freewin new units, everybody pls buy it
- Field Hqs: Freewin new building, everybody pls buy it
- New Dlc: Guess what, Freewin stuff, everybody pls buy it

Interesting point of view. You forgot the PE though...
The fail in faction and unit design is a red line from Opposing fronts to coh2.

The G43 "interrogation" is kinda offending (looks strange if you shoot wounded soldiers aka POV´s in a game called "company of heroes"). Do soviets have something similar?
12 Nov 2013, 19:11 PM

Hold up GeneralCH, it's ok to shoot the enemy soldiers before they're wounded, but not when they're on the ground suffering from fatal wounds?

Mind you, that you can target them with out interrogation too.
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 12 Nov 2013, 19:12 PM
Developer Relic Badge

this puchaseable vet increases also unit reinforce cost

This behavior was attempted in beta for all upgrades and troop training (which functions similar to an upgrade) but was removed. In live this behavior is not present.
12 Nov 2013, 19:48 PM

I respect Link0's opinion. I remember him from CoH1 and he generally knows what he's talking about; however, the Tiger Ace does not sound like an instant-win unit to me. Let's wait and see how it plays out.

A tank with the power of 2 tigers is a fair trade-off for cutting off income for the rest of the game, and you can't exactly dominate the whole map when all that power is contained within one single unit. It can only be in one place at a time and only shoot one target at a time.

But what if you just base rush with it along with the rest of your army to force a confrontation?
12 Nov 2013, 20:21 PM

This behavior was attempted in beta for all upgrades and troop training (which functions similar to an upgrade) but was removed. In live this behavior is not present.

So what? The vet really comes into play with tanks. Especially vet 3 Panthers (never saw one but I assume they are good). Where is the reinforcement cost increase there?
12 Nov 2013, 21:22 PM

So what? The vet really comes into play with tanks. Especially vet 3 Panthers (never saw one but I assume they are good). Where is the reinforcement cost increase there?

the reinforcement cost change isnt going live. besides, veterancy is being changed this patch, so a vet 3 panther wont be nearly as powerful. also, more expensive units require more investment to give them veterancy. it will cost quite a bit of mp and fuel to vet a panther, which means youll have less tanks overall.

seriously, just try the patch before trying to argue about it. you can have a more informed opinion then and not just rely on speculation
12 Nov 2013, 21:24 PM

So there is a litany of different prices for different units?
13 Nov 2013, 00:07 AM

yes, it all depends on their cost. expensive units require more casts. 1 cast gives grens (or any 240 mp unit) vet 3. it only gives snipers vet 2 and about half way to vet 3. those are the only values i remember. i think it might take 4 or 5 casts to get a vet 3 p4, not sure exactly.
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 13 Nov 2013, 00:25 AM
Developer Relic Badge

So there is a litany of different prices for different units?

its a flat amount of experience per cast (1920). As more expensive units have proportionally higher XP requirements it will cost more to vet them. As a general rule, to get a unit to vet 3 is 60% of that units cost (fuel converts to 5 mp)
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 84
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak