Login

russian armor

To the patch team

27 Feb 2020, 11:38 AM

From my test games with the winter mod, I don't think UKF will be anywhere near the power level of USF and Soviets in 1v1 and to a lesser extend in 2v2. The basic problems of UKF will not change. They will still be very good against OKW on open long-range maps and will still suck against Wehrmacht in general and also suck vs OKW on maps with lots of shot-blockers like Kholodny, Elst, etc. I really don't think they will change that much.

4 Cons into T70 or USF rifle spam with Pak Howi + LV is still going to be way better than anything UKF can come up with.

The basic UKF problem is the starting 4 man sections are garbage, which will never change because they keep not addressing the issue. They should just make Sections 5 men from the start and have bolster affect all other squads and weapon crews.
27 Feb 2020, 12:09 PM

Why would you nerf OKW at this point. They are already weaker than USF and Soviets. I actually find it easier to play vs OKW than Ostheer in 2v2. OKW is extremely predictable and can be beaten at their own game by simply out spamming and out blobbing them. The OKW Tiger was the only thing that made OKW good and now it's getting a quadruple nerf.

Not just that you can also endlessly bully OKW on linear maps by getting MG+sniper. Ostheer is way more versatile, unpredictable and capable of countering certain strategies.

Will have to see where OKW will land, my point is that USF/Soviet have received continues bonuses because they had trouble dealing with OKW and that should simply stop...
27 Feb 2020, 14:35 PM

Wermaht needs more buffs or me and my axisbois will burn this place to the ground. That's my proposition -
45 range Jackson and 5 man granadiers after tier3.
You have one week.
27 Feb 2020, 16:40 PM

Wermaht needs more buffs or me and my axisbois will burn this place to the ground. That's my proposition -
45 range Jackson and 5 man granadiers after tier3.
You have one week.

Funny though the focus is toward allied buffs and nerfs because each axis buff start an angry mob with PTSD allied players that always get what they rant for.
27 Feb 2020, 19:32 PM
Benefactor 392

Probably one of the most unprofessional post of the year right here. The amount of disrespect is a lot. Maybe you can learn a bit on how to write constructively on youtube, you already got the click bait title bottled down. I'm embarrassed for you man.

Sure this isn't the best patch, but grow up.
28 Feb 2020, 09:51 AM

Probably one of the most unprofessional post of the year right here. The amount of disrespect is a lot. Maybe you can learn a bit on how to write constructively on youtube, you already got the click bait title bottled down. I'm embarrassed for you man.

Sure this isn't the best patch, but grow up.

The problem is, that many people doesn't want balanced fractions. They love their broken mechanics to win easy. You can even see fanboy changes made by balancing team, things nobody was asking for.

Game went from multible tactical movements to one-way-style in many games. Why? Because people who have the power to balance seem too like that way.

And if we don't get the line-ups fixed, I dosen't see light.

Edit: Last commander-patch went in the right direction, but instead of fixing the fractions they add commanders to the broken commander system. Very sad move. xD

28 Feb 2020, 09:55 AM

My message to the patch team, is thank you for your effort to improve the game.
28 Feb 2020, 10:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2020, 09:55 AMVipper

Nice words, I would be happy if I could say the same. But I am more or less disappointed by the elitist behavior of some team-members.

I know relic gives the green light for patches, but the community could do much better work. There are no alphas, no testing meetings for forum-mebers. Most posts/threads are useless and will never be touched. We write/read same things since years. People with the skill of modding are disgusted and left vanilla years ago, people wanting to help doesn't get the chance.

tragedy, waisted potential.
28 Feb 2020, 10:12 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

There are no alphas, no testing meetings for forum-mebers.

How would you describe the previews? Patch 1.21 proves that some people test and that the patch-team reacts to it.
28 Feb 2020, 10:23 AM

How would you describe the previews? Patch 1.21 proves that some people test and that the patch-team reacts to it.

They come too late, what I mean are different testing modes where people can decide. Different modders presenting their ideas and the community can choose their favorites to plan the game the long way. Like choosing stuff of your mod, other mods in a structured way.

Now we have a conservative form of Zwangsbeglückung "forced happiness".
28 Feb 2020, 10:23 AM

Nice words, I would be happy if I could say the same. But I am more or less disappointed by the elitist behavior of some team-members.

I know relic gives the green light for patches, but the community could do much better work. There are no alphas, no testing meetings for forum-mebers. Most posts/threads are useless and will never be touched. We write/read same things since years. People with the skill of modding are disgusted and left vanilla years ago, people wanting to help doesn't get the chance.

tragedy, waisted potential.

Are you even aware of patch preview mod you can download, play and leave the feedback on?
You know, the FUCKING ALPHA TESTING of patches?
Mod team activity on forum also proves you completely and utterly wrong about the threads.

Also, if you're writing the same things over and over again, for years and they are not addressed, have it ever occurred to you that these might be your personal L2P issues? Neither relic nor modders can patch noob out of you.
28 Feb 2020, 10:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2020, 10:23 AMKatitof

Are you even aware of patch preview mod you can download, play and leave the feedback on?
Mod team activity on forum also proves you completely and utterly wrong about the threads.

Also, if you're writing the same things over and over again, for years and they are not addressed, have it ever occurred to you that these might be your personal L2P issues? Neither relic nor modders can patch noob out of you.

Read my post before. For me the preview system starts the wrong way.

Sure, there are L2P factors, but at least the game isn't in an optimal state and using that argument over and over often means not focus on a problem.
28 Feb 2020, 10:28 AM

Most posts/threads are useless and will never be touched

Roughly 50% of changes and bugfixes and almost all UI fixes are the direct result of or at least influenced by community suggestions or feedback. Stating otherwise just because your own suggestions (things like putting the Ostwind in T4 just to serve as AA) aren't implemented is simply delusional.
28 Feb 2020, 10:34 AM

Roughly 50% of changes and bugfixes and almost all UI fixes are the direct result of or at least influenced by community suggestions or feedback. Stating otherwise just because your own suggestions (thinks like putting the Ostwind in T4 just to serve as AA) is just delusional.

And still there are so many things untouched since years, sure they get eliminated and finally the focus went on UI and real bugs like UHU-scan and Faust.

Viele Köche verderben den Brei "too many cooks spoil the broth" and CoH with its long-life opend many points of view. I loved the design of Beta and I wish that clear design back.

But yes, that is something could be tested by diffrente alpha-mods, where people can test instead of only shout out their personal opinion by mind. Now we have preview, a state many things are more or less fixed.

Some place for diversity.
28 Feb 2020, 10:39 AM

But yes, that is something could be tested by diffrente alpha-mods, where people can test instead of only shout out their personal opinion by mind. Now we have preview, a state many things are more or less fixed.

No one is stopping anyone from doing so. Modders like Sneakeye have developed several fixes and changes in their own (test) mods that are now (being) implemented into the main game or at least have been considered.
28 Feb 2020, 10:42 AM

No one is stopping anyone from doing so. Modders like Sneakeye have developed several fixes and changes in their own (test) mods that are now (being) implemented into the main game.

I made same, but the feedback of the patch team is simplly not efficient enough. And there are also some things of my modding in vanilla.

Back to the Ostwind, an unit sucks for it price. Or, other stuff simply overperforms? ;D
28 Feb 2020, 10:58 AM

Imo the majority of people want to improve that game we only disagree who and that is little reason for hostility.
28 Feb 2020, 11:06 AM

Am I the only one here that thinks that brits won't be that much better after this patch? Apart from the UC buff, it won't get much of a kick where they lack. They are only good late game because they can get outflanked in 2v2 and up. They do not have good support equipment since mortars and Bofors are stationary which means that you can't really push with those, and they cost a lot more than support from other factions. No blob stoppers. No good early tank since the Cromwell is IMO outclassed even by the t34 since it is more versatile. AC is good but still AT not really AI. They lack vs ostheer I feel because when they get LMG and vet they can shred even 2 bren IS because they have a mortar supporting them and probably an mg. While I can only have an MG in most cases. Why would I play brits if I can get penals and have a powerful infantry, and mid and late game, opposed to mainly late game with brtis. Am I missing the playstyle since I love the brits as a faction but every time I play them I remember how soviets do everything a lot better.
28 Feb 2020, 11:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2020, 09:55 AMVipper

This +1

I think too many people take the effort of the mod team for granted and dont test anything by themselves. I remember very well how few people tested the revamped and new commanders although the mod team was very responsive in this process.

Next thing is the bad "discussion culture" on this forum. People making jokes about the steam forum but are you sure coh2.org is that much better? Axis vs. Allies bullshit is everywhere and derails almost every thread, followed up by the "show me your player card" nonsense.
Never mind that the quality of the argument should be the only thing that matters.

JaeforJett / Sander responded and posted again and again in the past and I was always impressed about the way they interacted. But I could fully understand if they are not interested anymore in doing that. You dont spend your free time on a (semi)toxic forum if you dont need to.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★