Login

russian armor

Sturmpioneer schreck still costs 70 muni

28 Feb 2020, 01:18 AM

Either Elite Schreck as I suggested a couple of days ago or make it non-exclusive with the sweeper.

STP is elite infantry?

28 Feb 2020, 01:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2020, 06:33 AMmrgame2
Agree mam 140 muni for double Shrek.
PG 100 muni unlock in friendly territory is OP AF in 4v4 team games. Cancerous mode. Please increase their costs

Yeah it is and you know why they did that? Because the faction with the most and best AT didn't have enough AT lol! Not even joking what's why they reduced it to 100 munitions because they thought Wehrmacht of all factions didn't have enough available AT. Then they made the Panzergren unlock on the HQ building and now you've got Panzergrens hitting the field like 5 minutes before they should.
28 Feb 2020, 05:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2020, 01:54 AMCODGUY

Yeah it is and you know why they did that? Because the faction with the most and best AT didn't have enough AT lol! Not even joking what's why they reduced it to 100 munitions because they thought Wehrmacht of all factions didn't have enough available AT. Then they made the Panzergren unlock on the HQ building and now you've got Panzergrens hitting the field like 5 minutes before they should.

Yep it is like we got trolled!
Axis have really good side tech with little effort but to stock up some resources.

And they had to give pgrens double shrek and sprint vet! Who asked for that? Fricking op either with g43 or smg cqc. I had my 1 rifle bars squad rekt by a vetted pgren with sprint.

Please remove sprint. Pgren have insane survival bonus already with vet and bulletins. They are almost like knight cross ez mode.
28 Feb 2020, 07:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2020, 05:49 AMmrgame2

Yep it is like we got trolled!
Axis have really good side tech with little effort but to stock up some resources.

And they had to give pgrens double shrek and sprint vet! Who asked for that? Fricking op either with g43 or smg cqc. I had my 1 rifle bars squad rekt by a vetted pgren with sprint.

Please remove sprint. Pgren have insane survival bonus already with vet and bulletins. They are almost like knight cross ez mode.

Its not a sprint, its a combined arms speed buff. ITs not OP rather more than L2P.

Your contribution with this comments is borderline zero with a negative tendency.:spam:

Please remember Pgren buff was suggested to stop alt mainlines to roflstomp OST.
28 Feb 2020, 07:42 AM

Yes i know is combined vehicle sprint. Which is not hard in 2v2. Point behind, having sprint in a stock cqc unit with insane durability vet is a bad idea.

Remove sprint and perhaps give them smoke grenades. Ost lack infantry smoke
28 Feb 2020, 09:22 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2020, 01:18 AMblancat

STP is elite infantry?

Ut's for balance reasons. Call it however you want
28 Feb 2020, 09:29 AM

Ut's for balance reasons. Call it however you want

It would be better to allow an additional Panzershrek to be purchased when OKW built a T3 building rather than giving the STP an elite Panzershrek

Panzershrek with mine sweeper? No

Make STP get additional panzershrek to 50muni
28 Feb 2020, 15:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2020, 09:29 AMblancat

It would be better to allow an additional Panzershrek to be purchased when OKW built a T3 building rather than giving the STP an elite Panzershrek

Panzershrek with mine sweeper? No

Make STP get additional panzershrek to 50muni

Well that's surely an option. I'd prefer one of zhe other solutions though due to the fact that they should be easier to implement and the fact that Sturmpioniere would thereby become better Schreck PGrens (slightly lower AI, but building and repair capabilities plus other utility)
28 Feb 2020, 15:57 PM

You can't make it nearly as cheap as a zook or a piat. C'mon now.

That said, both they and stormtroopers should have a better weapon profile with the zook so long as they are limited to one.

Sure you can.

As it stands, the Sturmpioneer Panzershreck has such a huge opportunity cost in return for such lackluster AT that I reckon you could even make it free.

The true value of slot weapons is contextual: it depends on the unit you're giving it to. Ostheer's double Panzershreck package is only 100 MU, but that'd be way too cheap if you gave it to Pios.
28 Feb 2020, 16:25 PM

i would go for the minesweeper change, its a simple change that would allow more peaple into going schrecks. It is very costly to go for a 2 sturms since of the cost, and they dont perform so good on any map. 1 schreck isnt an at sqad either. So a schreck sqad loooses utility becouse of the constant threat of allied mines.

Allowing schreck and sweeper, a schreck sturm would have extra utility while sacrificing AI power
28 Feb 2020, 16:36 PM

The teller mine solution would turn the schreck Sturmpios into a dedicated AT squad without buffing their direct AT capabilities (I mean without buffing the schreck or giving them an another one).
Getting an another pio squad to access teller mines, especially with plenty of munitions floating, is an option I'm sure even top players would consider.
28 Feb 2020, 16:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The teller mine solution would turn the schreck Sturmpios into a dedicated AT squad without buffing their direct AT capabilities (I mean without buffing the schreck or giving them an another one).
Getting an another pio squad to access teller mines, especially with plenty of munitions floating, is an option I'm sure even top players would consider.

I think the idea is interesting, but I think giving a faction access tobith normal and heavy mines on the stock units is bad. However the issues it could cause could be quite little since it's usually not a good idea to go double pio.

It could just lead to a lot of 'cheese' in the mid to lower ranks where you're not required to play super meta
28 Feb 2020, 16:45 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

There is one issue to implement this. Buildable entities (which includes mines) have their own requirements, which are unrelated to the squad. It can only require global settings on player level, not on squad level.
28 Feb 2020, 16:47 PM

There is one issue to implement this. Buildable entities (which includes mines) have their own requirements, which are unrelated to the squad. It can only require global settings on player level, not on squad level.

Maybe a vet bonus when equipped with a shreck can solve this issue?
28 Feb 2020, 16:59 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2020, 16:47 PMVipper
Maybe a vet bonus when equipped with a shreck can solve this issue?

A vet bonus or slot item is also on squad level.
The squad has a link to the mine, but the mine has no link to the squad. Therefor the mine has no knowledge of veterancy or squad upgrades. The mine can only require player level settings, like: tech, commander passives or command points.
28 Feb 2020, 17:29 PM

A vet bonus or slot item is also on squad level.
The squad has a link to the mine, but the mine has no link to the squad. Therefor the mine has no knowledge of veterancy or squad upgrades. The mine can only require player level settings, like: tech, commander passives or command points.

I am rather confused, there are units like the 250 that get mines as a vet bonus...
28 Feb 2020, 17:50 PM

I'm sad to hear that. But their audio cue clearly mentions mines ('panzerschreck und mines'), how did that work? What was the original implementation of the sturmpios like?
https://youtu.be/-hlvsLbCQmc?t=1066
28 Feb 2020, 18:04 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2020, 17:29 PMVipper
I am rather confused, there are units like the 250 that get mines as a vet bonus...

Infrantry build mines through the buildmenu, while the halftrack has an ability which spawns the mine. The ability can have squad related requirements, but the entity in the buildmenu cannot.

I'm sad to hear that. But their audio cue clearly mentions mines ('panzerschreck und mines'), how did that work? What was the original implementation of the sturmpios like?
https://youtu.be/-hlvsLbCQmc?t=1066

Good question, I've no idea. Maybe the voiceline was recorded before the functionality was implemented and they changed their minds.
28 Feb 2020, 18:16 PM

Infrantry build mines through the buildmenu, while the halftrack has an ability which spawns the mine. The ability can have squad related requirements, but the entity in the buildmenu cannot.

Maybe one can cheat then make the unit use the animation of building something and actually "spawn" is.

That for the info thou I find it very interesting.
28 Feb 2020, 19:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Allow minesweeper + Shreck.

If any issues arise then just disable towing down the sweeper once shreck upgrade is done.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★