Login

russian armor

Raketens are too good

PAGES (10)down
17 Mar 2020, 20:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2020, 15:46 PMBelgboi

when i started playing this game after a good bit of heroes and generals, men of war assault squad 2 robz mod and warthunder i was pretty insulted at how they handled the game but especially vehicles.
The infantry weapons make no sense, the squad sizes are the biggest BS ever, the Puma is absolute BS and don't even get me started on stuff like the scott and stuart and stugs

this game is the definition of random game that has a visual ww2 flavour but has pretty much nothing in common with ww2 combat aside from the visuals

Umm... you do realize that this game was immersive arcade RTS? And not any kind of simulator?
17 Mar 2020, 22:13 PM

Getting rid of retreat would fix the last bits of the cheese with this unit.

Would like that very much. Give it a 6th man with vet or some more RA if it needs some kind of compensation

The retreat function was really what made the old camo OP. If it couldn't retreat you would've been giving away a fee Rak everytime you tried to cloak creep behind enemy lines
18 Mar 2020, 11:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2020, 20:37 PMKatitof

Umm... you do realize that this game was immersive arcade RTS? And not any kind of simulator?

yeah no i'm just sharing how I was pretty put off at first from the game, It for sure still has fun moments
massive balance issues in my eyes but it's still a good game, maybe it could benefit a bit from more sim like aspects but that would be mainly for vehicles and not much else
19 Mar 2020, 08:14 AM

Fixed

Raketens pens every USF armor reliably and Soviet armors easily. Raketens non-fly zone for USF and Soviets generaly.Do-nothing Okw can just spam raketens and kill USF armor very easy. And for God sake there is no stock rocket arty in USF like Soviets. So lack of indirect fire aside of Mr.Majors tiny always late arty. So impenetrable wall of At guns and Mgs. Be just and fair.
19 Mar 2020, 08:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2020, 11:23 AMBelgboi

yeah no i'm just sharing how I was pretty put off at first from the game, It for sure still has fun moments
massive balance issues in my eyes but it's still a good game, maybe it could benefit a bit from more sim like aspects but that would be mainly for vehicles and not much else

No. Game will be not benefitted by sim like aspect. Game is right now fun and enjoyeble aside from balance issues.There must be arcade flavor to be fluid gameplay.
26 Mar 2020, 20:26 PM

Retreat needs to get removed.
28 Mar 2020, 12:03 PM

or the price increased to 320
28 Mar 2020, 12:15 PM

Agreed, give it a gun shield, 5 range and actual tracking speed so it doesn't take 3 seconds to aim and shoot upon setting up, then remove retreat.
28 Mar 2020, 12:17 PM

or the price increased to 320

That would make OKW even more weak vs M3/WC51/UC.
28 Mar 2020, 12:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2020, 12:17 PMVipper

That would make OKW even more weak vs M3/WC51/UC.

They wouldn't be able to produce so many infantry squads early if they built a rak. They would have to delay their infantry a bit - imo it would be good. Either more infantry or an AT. Now they keep spamming volks and pios and are very overwhelming. IMO making volks more expensive or less potent isn't a good idea. Making a rak more expensive would deal with two problems - would sove infantry oppression and account for the great performance and utility of the rak.
28 Mar 2020, 12:45 PM

They wouldn't be able to produce so many infantry squads early if they built a rak. They would have to delay their infantry a bit - imo it would be good. Either more infantry or an AT. Now they keep spamming volks and pios and are very overwhelming.

That simply because of their tech system that does not allow them many different build options.

IMO making volks more expensive or less potent isn't a good idea. Making a rak more expensive would deal with two problems - would sove infantry oppression and account for the great performance and utility of the rak.

I doubt the RW has better performance or utility than cheaper USF ATG.
28 Mar 2020, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2020, 12:45 PMVipper

That simply because of their tech system that does not allow them many different build options.

I wouldn't say it is a problem.
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2020, 12:45 PMVipper

I doubt the RW has better performance or utility than cheaper USF ATG.

That is true - another too cheap unit for what it can give you. Again instead of nerfing Jacksons they should look here for the problem with too easily countered axis armour.
28 Mar 2020, 12:55 PM

the great performance and utility of the rak.

Noob
28 Mar 2020, 12:56 PM

Noob

noob yourself :) ..but seriously. Why do you think its utility and performace doesn't justify 320mp?
28 Mar 2020, 13:00 PM

noob yourself :) ..but seriously. Why do you think its utility and performace is bad?

I don't think it's bad. I think it's abhorrent.

It's the worst AT gun and that's a fact.
28 Mar 2020, 13:01 PM

I don't think it's bad. I think it's abhorrent.

It's the worst AT gun and that's a fact.

Don't you think that the fact is has 5 men crew and can retreat and can camo needs to be reflected in the price?
28 Mar 2020, 13:02 PM

Don't you think that the fact is has 5 men crew and can retreat and can camo needs to be reflected in the price?

I think the lack of gunshield, horrific traverse speed, 3 secs minimum to fire after setting up, lack of reverse key (meaning retreating clumps you up for a moment making you vulnerable to grenades when other ATGs just reverse quickly) and bad reload time make it the worst AT gun.

Shame we never got the Panzerjager commander with the Pak40 for OKW...
28 Mar 2020, 13:44 PM

Can we just conclude that the Raketenwerfer is fine for the price and leave it at that? I'd like a cost reduction for its abysmal overall survivability but am not greedy.
28 Mar 2020, 14:50 PM

And the fact that every tank 2 shot it frontaly ... is that also reflected?

While Zis tanking 5 Tiger shots...
28 Mar 2020, 15:19 PM

And the fact that every tank 2 shot it frontaly ... is that also reflected?

While Zis tanking 5 Tiger shots...

Because 6 man weapon teams are standard setting of all factions and it makes perfect sense to compare everything to that.....
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight